Corsair Flash Padlock 2 Security Announcement
FREMONT, California - June 28, 2010 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the discovery of a security issue affecting the Flash Padlock® 2 USB Flash Drive that may expose your data. The Padlock drive employs a keypad to allow users to protect their data with a programmable personal identification number, or PIN. The security issue is correctable by the user, and once the corrective action is taken by the user, the drive once again meets its security specification.
Instructions for correcting the security issue are as follows, and can also be found at corsair.com/padlockupdate. Please note that this procedure must be followed in its entirety to ensure the security of the drive. Also note that while the procedure is NOT destructive, we recommend that you back up your data prior to proceeding.
Assistance is available by contacting Corsair Technical Support. Technical Support can be reached via telephone, by email, or by accessing Corsair's interactive helpdesk at corsair.com/helpdesk. Complete contact information for Corsair can be found at corsair.com/contact/.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DRAM memory modules, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, cooling systems and computer cases.
Copyright© 2010 Corsair. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Latest News Posts
- Peripheral brands make a move into clothing, Tt eSPORTS and ASTRO
- F1 2015's latest trailer teases the great visuals for the new racer
- Toshiba testing its 'scorpion' robot inside Fukushima nuclear reactor
- Americans have streamed 135B songs and music videos in 2015 so far
- Difficulties trying to sell Xbox One, PlayStation 4 in China
- Gaming Sponsorship - Part 2: Live events are key to success
- orange jack not working with 5.1 sound
- The top four things North Korea has achieved in the past 18 months
- Accell Home or Away USB Surge Protector Review
- Define S 47 [Buildlog 03.07.2015]
- LG MARKS SALE OF 10 MILLIONTH BLUETOOTH HEADSET
- Sharkoon Gamer Mouse with Bungee Hub - MSRP 47.99 Euros
- SMITE on Xbox One will have Australian Servers with Open Beta launch next Week
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad