Corsair Flash Padlock 2 Security Announcement
FREMONT, California - June 28, 2010 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the discovery of a security issue affecting the Flash Padlock® 2 USB Flash Drive that may expose your data. The Padlock drive employs a keypad to allow users to protect their data with a programmable personal identification number, or PIN. The security issue is correctable by the user, and once the corrective action is taken by the user, the drive once again meets its security specification.
Instructions for correcting the security issue are as follows, and can also be found at corsair.com/padlockupdate. Please note that this procedure must be followed in its entirety to ensure the security of the drive. Also note that while the procedure is NOT destructive, we recommend that you back up your data prior to proceeding.
Assistance is available by contacting Corsair Technical Support. Technical Support can be reached via telephone, by email, or by accessing Corsair's interactive helpdesk at corsair.com/helpdesk. Complete contact information for Corsair can be found at corsair.com/contact/.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DRAM memory modules, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, cooling systems and computer cases.
Copyright© 2010 Corsair. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo NX has a 60% chance at succeeding, says analyst
- iPad Pro chip A9X broken down, specs revealed
- AMD Crimson driver causing fan issues, hotfix incoming
- Apacer announces new Panther 2666MHz DDR4 RAM modules
- Police called due to altercation between eSports pro and journalist
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis