Corsair Flash Padlock 2 Security Announcement
FREMONT, California - June 28, 2010 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the discovery of a security issue affecting the Flash Padlock® 2 USB Flash Drive that may expose your data. The Padlock drive employs a keypad to allow users to protect their data with a programmable personal identification number, or PIN. The security issue is correctable by the user, and once the corrective action is taken by the user, the drive once again meets its security specification.
Instructions for correcting the security issue are as follows, and can also be found at corsair.com/padlockupdate. Please note that this procedure must be followed in its entirety to ensure the security of the drive. Also note that while the procedure is NOT destructive, we recommend that you back up your data prior to proceeding.
Assistance is available by contacting Corsair Technical Support. Technical Support can be reached via telephone, by email, or by accessing Corsair's interactive helpdesk at corsair.com/helpdesk. Complete contact information for Corsair can be found at corsair.com/contact/.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DRAM memory modules, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, cooling systems and computer cases.
Copyright© 2010 Corsair. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Latest News Posts
- New Lego Worlds game release scheduled for February 2017
- Aquaman swims onto screens on October 5, 2018
- Crackdown 3 runs at 4K on Xbox Scorpio, arrives in 2017
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset