NVIDIA GeForce Power Pack Crosses Million Download Milestone In Less Than Two Weeks
NVIDIA GeForce GPUs Deliver "Graphics Plus" Revolutionary New Features That Are Gaining Momentum with Consumers and Developers Alike
SANTA CLARA, CA-September 23, 2008-Graphics is more than just fast frame rates. And with the adoption of NVIDIA CUDA technology, developers can use the power of NVIDIA® GeForce® GPUs in ways never before possible. Only NVIDIA GeForce GPUs offer the ability to deliver fast frame rates and more realistic, immersive experiences, which would explain why more than a million downloads of the first ever GeForce Power Pack occurred in less than two weeks.
"Gaming experiences are much more important to me than numbers in a benchmark. It's not surprising that features like PhysX, Stereo 3D and multi-GPU are so important to me," wrote user named Sir Pauly on Rage3D.com, a popular online discussion area for PC users. "I don't just want to play a game. I want to experience the game and to be immersed."
GeForce Power Packs are freely available content that allow consumers to experience first-hand new NVIDIA technologies that are fundamentally changing the way applications are designed, played, and experienced. For total immersion, the gaming environment has to "feel" as real as possible, and characters must be able to move and interact with the objects in the environment that have a compelling, dramatic impact on game play. PhysX technology provides developers the ability to include effects such as trees that bend in the wind and water that ebbs and flows naturally, and additional objects in the environment that dramatically impact the gaming experience.
"We were ecstatic to have a sneak peek of our Nurien social networking service to be included in the first GeForce Power Pack. The exposure to our customers has been phenomenal," said Taehoon Kim, co-founder and President at Nurien "Frankly, the advances that CUDA and PhysX technologies bring to developers such as ourselves, is immeasurable in the ways it really allows us to express our creativity and deliver a really unique and immersive experience to our customers."
The immersion aspect that GeForce GPUs deliver is showing gamers just how uniquely different their game playing experiences can be.
"Just was playing Warmonger and actually enjoying it!" added Sir Pauly in his Rage3D posting. "I'm checking out my weapon loads and changing weapons under the illusion I was behind cover and, suddenly, a massive explosion, and my cover became rubble with pieces all over the place.........LOL! Sitting duck and ran like hell! That was neat!"
"All I can say is I tried it [PhysX] and I like it!" said user Bamavoo on anandtech.com.
"Tornado was a blast! I saw a bot blast a large piece of rubble with a rocket to topple it and flatten another one. My rockets get blown off-course trying to kill a bot. The tornado sucked me out of a broken window and killed me. A good time was had by all!" reported user caveman-jim on Rage3D.com.
Any owner of a GeForce 8-Series or higher GPU can download the first GeForce Power Pack from http://www.nvidia.com/theforcewithin. The second GeForce Power Pack consisting of additional game levels, videos, and demos from a variety of games and applications is expected to be released in October 2008.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset