Vantec Products Passes the GIGABYTE Test!
Adhering to the New Standard, Vantec has Tested the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Lineup with GIGABYTE Motherboards
FREMONT, California - June 18, 2010 - Vantec Thermal Technologies, a worldwide leader specializing in computer accessories and GIGABYTE Technology Co. Ltd., the leader in USB 3.0 motherboards, announces the success of the joint product testing of SuperSpeed USB 3.0 products. SuperSpeed USB 3.0 is still in the early stages of development and as more products become readily available to the market, testing from host and device side manufacturers is necessary to ensure the stability and
compatibility of products.
Currently, GIGABYTE has tested the full line-up of USB 3.0 products from Vantec. Ranging from the NexStar 3 SuperSpeed, NexStar CX SuperSpeed, to the NexStar Hard Drive Dock, all passed with flying colors. "We will continue to test and make sure all of our USB 3.0 products are compatible with the myriad of motherboards available on the market," said Jonathan Yu, Product Manager at Vantec. "We're excited to see Vantec's line of USB 3.0 storage devices come to market after the huge interest in USB 3.0 products that we saw at Computex," said Tim Handley, Deputy Director of Motherboard Marketing at GIGABYTE Technology Co. Ltd. "The Compatible with GIGABYTE USB 3.0 Motherboards certification assures our customers that Vantec's USB 3.0 devices work well with the 35 plus USB 3.0 models that we currently offer."
SuperSpeed USB 3.0 is the next generation bus interface offering transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps (625Mbps) and is fully backwards-compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1. With the advent introduction of the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface, Vantec has continued to update their product line with the latest technology and provide products suitable for the mass market.
Various models of SuperSpeed USB 3.0 products are readily available on the market. For additional product information and full technical specifications, please visit http://www.vantecusa.com. For GIGABYTE product information, please visit http://www.gigabyte.com.
Founded in 1994, Vantec is a leading brand of computer accessories that provides a complete line of Storage, Thermal, and Mobile solutions. Vantec is devoted to every computer user from mainstream to enthusiast. Vantec's goal is to provide a complete and affordable way for computing needs of all kinds. For more information, visit http://www.vantecusa.com.
Latest News Posts
- Making sense of Taylor Swift's decision to pull music from Spotify
- Animal-inspired robots could be used to help explore space
- Wozniak thinks AI could self-learn faster than we can program them
- The Woz shows concern of an Internet of Things bubble that could burst
- Will Microsoft show off new Xbox One controller during E3?
- Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler Review
- 970 Extreme 4 - Load Line Calibration, Does not work properly.
- Q flesh Error Incorrect file size Motherboard B85M- D3H
- Mobo Software Question (SB X-Fi 7)
- Hounds Online: The Last Hope Released
- ADATA Teases its Computex 2015 Unveiling
- Logic Supply Previews its Upcoming ML600 Series Fanless PC
- Introducing the The NanoXia Project
- WD Redesigns World's No. 1 Selling Portable Hard Drive
- QNAP Unveils Quiet and Stylish Vertical NAS TS-453mini