NEW SONY VAIO PCS DOUBLE AS WORLD'S FIRST MOBILE MULTIPLE HOTSPOTS
WHAT: The VAIO Z and Y Series PCs are the world's first out-of-the box laptops that act as a personal hotspot. Select models of these series feature the exclusive new Sony embedded wireless technology called Share My Connection (SMC). With SMC you can turn your laptop into a mobile wireless access point that can connect up to five other PCs or networked devices, such as smartphones, mp3 players, and cameras. A subscription is required.
WHO: A perfect built-in network solution for business travelers, those on-the-go or anyone looking to save some money by sharing a single network connection, Share My Connection is secure and lets you extend your connectivity with coworkers, friends, and family members.
The Z model offers premium portability and serious power. A breeze to carry at about 3.0 lbs, this PC features a durable carbon fiber and aluminum casing and delivers up to seven hours of battery life for true mobile freedom. It incorporates a 13.1-inch high-resolution LED backlit widescreen display, delivering a bright picture with 100 percent color saturation. The extremely thin unit also comes with an optical drive (Blu-ray optical drive optional).
Just in time for back-to-school season, the Y Series laptops comes in five new exciting colors including purple violet, fuchsia pink, pear green, teal blue and black. With a thin 1.2-inch profile and 13.3-inch LED backlit widescreen display, the sleek Y model offers lower power consumption for improved battery life for that active student lifestyle.
WHEN: Available now for pre-sale at http://www.sony.com/SMC and at select retailers around the country for about $770 for the VAIO Y Series and $1950 for the VAIO Z Series. To find the closest Sony Style store, please visit http://www.sonystyle.com.
Latest News Posts
- IRS still using Windows XP, and has more than 300 cybersecurity staff
- Cyclist will use 3D-printed handlebars during record attempt
- GameStop trying to evolve to avoid sharing same fate as Blockbuster
- Trying to figure out how wearables will help mobile payments ecosystem
- Solar-powered drone Google wants to use crashes during test flight
- Thermaltake Suppressor F51 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PC starts by turning off USB HD
- Building render system, need help!
- USB hard drive not recognized
- Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler Review
- EVGA Announces the GeForce GTX TITAN-X Hybrid
- QNAP Announces the AMD-powered TS-563 NAS
- Abyss Dark Arisen Gameplay Features Part II
- MSI to Host US$200,000 Master Gaming Arena 2015
- 3E Company Recognized as Best in SDS Management with ISHN Readers' Choice Award