PlayStation(R)Move Motion Controller to Hit Worldwide Market Starting This September
- Bundle Packs, Attractive Software Titles and Peripheral to Accompany the Launch, Further Enhancing the PlayStation(R)Move Experience -
Tokyo, June 16, 2010 -- Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) today announced that it will release PlayStation(R)Move motion controller(*1) for the PlayStation(R)3 (PS3[R]) system on September 15, 2010 in Europe/PAL territories and in Asian countries/regions(*2) at a recommended retail price (RRP) of 39.99 euros. It will also become available in North America on September 19 at a RRP of $49.99 and in Japan on October 21 at a RRP of 3,980 yen (including tax). PlayStation(R)Move navigation controller, one-handed controller to be used along with the motion controller for intuitive navigation of in-game characters and objects, will also become available on the same day in each region at a RRP of 29.99 euros, US$29.99 and 2,980 yen (including tax), respectively.
For the Japanese market, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan, a division of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. responsible for business operation in Japan, will release a "PlayStation Move Starter Pack" comprising a motion controller, PlayStation(R)Eye camera and PlayStation Move software title, Sing and Draw (tentative name), for a limited offer at a very attractive RRP of 5,980 yen (including tax). Additionally, stand-alone PlayStation Eye camera(*3) will also become available at a RRP of 2,980 yen (including tax) concurrently with the launch of the PlayStation Move controllers. SCE will deploy various measures to enhance the PlayStation Move bundle pack line-up that will meet the needs of the users and further accelerate the expansion of the PS3 platform along with the PlayStation Move controllers.
On the software front, SCE Worldwide Studios will release more than 20 titles that are either dedicated to or supported with the PlayStation Move platform in fiscal year 2010 ending March 2011. Exciting and innovative software titles available in the launch window will include; Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition by CAPCOM Co., Ltd., BIG 3 GUN SHOOTING by Bandai Namco Games Inc., EyePet (tentative name), Sports Champions, Machi Suberi by SCE, and many more(*4). SCE, with support from third party developers and publishers, will continue to further enhance the software title line-up to offer high-definition motion-based gaming experience only available on the PS3 platform.
Furthermore, SCE also announced today the release of two PlayStation Move controller peripherals, "PlayStation Move(R)Charging Station" and "PlayStation(R)Move shooting attachment," that will help further enhancing the PlayStation Move experience.
- PlayStation Move charging station
By utilizing the "charging station," users will be able to charge up to two PlayStation Move controllers, motion controller or the navigation controller, at once without having to connect them to the PS3 system. The "charging station" will become available concurrently with the motion controller launch in each region at a RRP of 29.99 euros, US$29.99 and 2,480 yen (including tax), respectively.
- PlayStation Move shooting attachment
The "shooting attachment," designed to place the PlayStation Move motion controller horizontally, will allow players to hold the motion controller as if they are holding a gun and to easily aim at an in-game target. The trigger on the attachment is interlocked with the motion controller T button and will enable users to intuitively play the game, not only limited to shooting games but also on games that may require precise button input and control. It will deliver immersive gameplay and will work perfectly with software titles like The Shoot (tentative name)(*4) by SCE and BIG 3 GUN SHOOTING by Bandai Namco Games Inc. which is expected to support the attachment. The "shooting attachment" will become available starting this fall in each region at a RRP of 14.99 euros, US$19.99 and 1,480 yen (including tax), respectively.
Through the introduction of PlayStation Move controllers, attractive software line-ups and peripherals, SCE will continue to further expand the PS3 platform and create a new world of computer entertainment that is only possible on PlayStation.
(*1) Users will need to use the PlayStation Eye camera to enjoy PlayStation Move motion controller on PS3.
(*2) Pricing of the motion controller in Asian countries/regions is equivalent to US$39.99. Pricing of the navigation controller is equivalent to US$29.99.The pricing will vary by countries or regions.
(*3) It is the same USB Camera as the one included in the "PlayStation Eye" (CEJH-15001) but without the Blu-ray disc, Memoushon.
(*4) Title line-up and release date will differ by each region. Please refer to the separately attached software line-up list on the Japanese press release.
Latest News Posts
- Swedish CS:GO pro Fifflaren is keeping busy - joins American team
- ESL announce $100,000 EVOLVE Xbox One competition
- UberX gets unbanned from Portland, now with a new $1 Safe Rides Fee
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III should be due on November 6, 2015
- The latest screenshots of The Witcher 3 tease impressive visuals
- XMP Memory
- Syllable G700 Noise Reduction Hi-Fi Bluetooth Headphones Review
- G1.Sniper M3 - No "Windows Boot Manager".
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- OAXIS Bento Close-Contact Induction Wireless Speaker Review
- Seven World Top Casemodders Go Head to Head at the "2015 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational"
- GIGABYTE Hosts X99 CHAMPION CHALLENGE on HWBOT.org. Tweak your GIGABYTE X99 Systems for Big Cash Prizes
- Acer Reveals New Back-To-School Product Range at the Inaugural "next@acer" Event in New York
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!