Panasonic Unveils The Toughbook Cf-F9
Panasonic today launched its new Toughbook CF-F9, the perfect business rugged companion for mobile office professionals. Delivering productivity boosting technology and fail-safe business support, the CF-F9 replaces the CF-F8 - previously the rugged business notebook of choice - with a higher resolution display, increased computing power and enhanced connectivity.
The CF-F9 delivers increased CPU performance over the CF-F8 in the same sized, 14.1" notebook - the lightest on the market. Its desktop-performance computing power is delivered by the Intel Core i5-520M with vPro technology. The device is designed to take advantage of Intel Turbo Boost Technology and Intel Multi-Threading to maximize the performance of the CPU.
Enhanced widescreen resolution
The CF-F9 also has an enhanced resolution widescreen display ideal for viewing mapping applications or multiple applications while on the move. With its 14.1" WXGA+ type (TFT) display with 1440x900 dot resolution, the CF-F9 is the market leading rugged business notebook for a high resolution, visual experience.
Built to stay connected on the move
Mobile workers need to stay connected on the move and the CF-F9 achieves this effortlessly with its embedded antenna offering optimal radio performance over WWAN, WLAN, and Bluetooth (optional WIMAX).
The Toughbook CF-F9 also includes Gobi 2000 mobile broadband technology from Qualcomm. Gobi 2000 simplifies multi-carrier wireless deployments for IT departments and allows a company's mobile workforce improved connectivity options while travelling at home or abroad.
Better than ever reliability and durability
As the most durable and lightest 14.1" wide notebook PC on the market, the CF-F9 has been designed to protect its display, hard disk and keyboard - the most commonly damaged components in conventional business notebooks.
The CF-F9 is tested to withstand a fall from a height of up to 76 cm without damage, even when in operation. The CF-F9 is also tested to withstand accidental drink spillages because its special drainage system reliably protects the keyboard, touchpad and other sensitive components from splashes. Even a full 200ml glass of liquid spilt directly over the keyboard and touchpad simply flows out through the drainage channels with all the electronics in the notebook remaining dry and intact.
Thanks to optimal pressure distribution, the CF-F9 can also withstand pressure of up to 100 kg/f and the expanded 320GB hard drive disk is surrounded with shock-absorbing pads made from high-tech material, to protect against vibrations and shock.
The power to last
To ensure that mobile professionals have a device that can meet their needs throughout the day, the CF-F9 can operate for up to 7 hours running Windows 7. All units also use the Panasonic Power Management Utilities technology to maximize power efficiency by managing the power of all relevant resources required by the CPU for each task. In addition, the CF-F9 runs on Panasonic's own high-capacity battery cells designed to deliver maximum device performance and safety.
Designed for use on the move or in the office
To ensure that users can make the most of the CF-F9 whether on the move or in the office, Panasonic has also designed a new docking station for the CF-F9, available at £207 (excluding vat).
Backed by outstanding service
Every Toughbook comes with a 3-year warranty covering hardware failures for systems used as designed; with a 96-hour repair commitment and a 5-year spare parts guarantee.
Availability and pricing
The CF-F9 is available immediately and costs £1742 (excluding vat).
Latest News Posts
- SOUL Electronics unveils Pulse, new wraparound earbuds
- Robots in the cockpit? Apparently, don't rule it out
- Project NanoXia, a German-designed desk with two high-end PCs inside
- TweakTown Deals: Father's Day Gift Guide
- Slightly Mad Studios says that Project Cars 'loves' DirectX 12
- Hounds Online: The Last Hope Released
- Board damaged by power supply?
- DVD drive seen in Windows 8.1 but not in BIOS
- ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler Review
- Upgrade M8
- CoolIT Systems Successfully Deploys Liquid-Cooled Solution to Poznan Supercomputing & Networking Center in Partnership with Huawei and Itprojekt
- Technology Business Research joins executive roundtable addressing the business impact of data analysis
- Silicon Power Is Holding the 2015 Annual Exhibition in June
- Transcend to Showcase Car Video Recorders, Body Camera and Industrial Solutions at COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2015
- AccelStor Debuting All-Flash Arrays with 1M+ IOPS at Computex 2015