Panasonic Unveils The Toughbook Cf-F9
Panasonic today launched its new Toughbook CF-F9, the perfect business rugged companion for mobile office professionals. Delivering productivity boosting technology and fail-safe business support, the CF-F9 replaces the CF-F8 - previously the rugged business notebook of choice - with a higher resolution display, increased computing power and enhanced connectivity.
The CF-F9 delivers increased CPU performance over the CF-F8 in the same sized, 14.1" notebook - the lightest on the market. Its desktop-performance computing power is delivered by the Intel Core i5-520M with vPro technology. The device is designed to take advantage of Intel Turbo Boost Technology and Intel Multi-Threading to maximize the performance of the CPU.
Enhanced widescreen resolution
The CF-F9 also has an enhanced resolution widescreen display ideal for viewing mapping applications or multiple applications while on the move. With its 14.1" WXGA+ type (TFT) display with 1440x900 dot resolution, the CF-F9 is the market leading rugged business notebook for a high resolution, visual experience.
Built to stay connected on the move
Mobile workers need to stay connected on the move and the CF-F9 achieves this effortlessly with its embedded antenna offering optimal radio performance over WWAN, WLAN, and Bluetooth (optional WIMAX).
The Toughbook CF-F9 also includes Gobi 2000 mobile broadband technology from Qualcomm. Gobi 2000 simplifies multi-carrier wireless deployments for IT departments and allows a company's mobile workforce improved connectivity options while travelling at home or abroad.
Better than ever reliability and durability
As the most durable and lightest 14.1" wide notebook PC on the market, the CF-F9 has been designed to protect its display, hard disk and keyboard - the most commonly damaged components in conventional business notebooks.
The CF-F9 is tested to withstand a fall from a height of up to 76 cm without damage, even when in operation. The CF-F9 is also tested to withstand accidental drink spillages because its special drainage system reliably protects the keyboard, touchpad and other sensitive components from splashes. Even a full 200ml glass of liquid spilt directly over the keyboard and touchpad simply flows out through the drainage channels with all the electronics in the notebook remaining dry and intact.
Thanks to optimal pressure distribution, the CF-F9 can also withstand pressure of up to 100 kg/f and the expanded 320GB hard drive disk is surrounded with shock-absorbing pads made from high-tech material, to protect against vibrations and shock.
The power to last
To ensure that mobile professionals have a device that can meet their needs throughout the day, the CF-F9 can operate for up to 7 hours running Windows 7. All units also use the Panasonic Power Management Utilities technology to maximize power efficiency by managing the power of all relevant resources required by the CPU for each task. In addition, the CF-F9 runs on Panasonic's own high-capacity battery cells designed to deliver maximum device performance and safety.
Designed for use on the move or in the office
To ensure that users can make the most of the CF-F9 whether on the move or in the office, Panasonic has also designed a new docking station for the CF-F9, available at £207 (excluding vat).
Backed by outstanding service
Every Toughbook comes with a 3-year warranty covering hardware failures for systems used as designed; with a 96-hour repair commitment and a 5-year spare parts guarantee.
Availability and pricing
The CF-F9 is available immediately and costs £1742 (excluding vat).
Latest News Posts
- NASA solved the secret of ESA's missing Mars lander
- He changed his name to Seven iPhone for a free iPhone 7
- New photos and a shocking price of Huawei Mate 9 emerged
- Elon Musk describes his vision for colonization of Mars
- Nintendo Switch is single-screen only, says Nintendo
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now