Toshiba Announces Dynabook TX Notebook Ready for Blu-ray 3D
Toshiba Corporation announced the introduction of the industry's first notebook PC featuring playback of 3D content in the Blu-ray 3D format. The new "dynabook TX/98MBL" will be available from the end of July in the Japanese market.
dynabook TX/98MBL features a 15.6-inch wide LCD display with LED backlighting and a 120Hz scan rate. It employs WinDVD BD for TOSHIBA to play back content in the Blu-ray 3D format and NVIDIA 3D Vision software and hardware to deliver a rich 3D experience.
The new 3D notebook PC adopts the active shutter technology that has made 3D a hit in movie theatres around the world. The system's active shutter LCD glasses lighten and darken at the same fast refresh rate of the 120Hz LCD, with an effective refresh rate for each eye of 60Hz. As each eye receives a slightly different image, the result is a dynamic, high quality stereoscopic image: full 3D. High level system performance is secured by integration or NVIDIA's latest graphic processor, the NVIDIA GeForce GTS 350M, and 1GB Video RAM dedicated to graphics processing.
A pair of wireless 3D active shutter glasses bundled with the dynabook TX/98MBL assures immediate enjoyment of Blu-ray 3D titles and 3D game content.
The dynabook TX/98MBL complements its high grade visual experience with a combination of Harman-Kardon stereo speakers and Dolby Advanced Audio that delivers full-bodied, vibrant sound. The processor is an Intel Core i7 740QM, and on-board storage is provided by a large capacity 640GB hard disk drive. The latest version of Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 are pre-installed.
Toshiba will continue to meet users' needs by developing and commercializing notebook PCs integrating advanced features and functionality.
Latest News Posts
- AMD will dominate the mid-range with Ryzen 7 1700X
- AMD's new Ryzen 7 1800X: 8C/16T @ 4GHz for $499
- AMD's new Ryzen CPU hits 52% IPC improvement
- Radeon Vega logo teased during AMD Ryzen press event
- AMD Introduces Ryzen CPUs
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- H97M Pro4 - Intel Smart Connect Technology is running in Win10 but not in Win7
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood
- New Final Fantasy XV content including 'booster pack+' release and NieR: Automata collaboration now available