Toshiba Announces Dynabook TX Notebook Ready for Blu-ray 3D
Toshiba Corporation announced the introduction of the industry's first notebook PC featuring playback of 3D content in the Blu-ray 3D format. The new "dynabook TX/98MBL" will be available from the end of July in the Japanese market.
dynabook TX/98MBL features a 15.6-inch wide LCD display with LED backlighting and a 120Hz scan rate. It employs WinDVD BD for TOSHIBA to play back content in the Blu-ray 3D format and NVIDIA 3D Vision software and hardware to deliver a rich 3D experience.
The new 3D notebook PC adopts the active shutter technology that has made 3D a hit in movie theatres around the world. The system's active shutter LCD glasses lighten and darken at the same fast refresh rate of the 120Hz LCD, with an effective refresh rate for each eye of 60Hz. As each eye receives a slightly different image, the result is a dynamic, high quality stereoscopic image: full 3D. High level system performance is secured by integration or NVIDIA's latest graphic processor, the NVIDIA GeForce GTS 350M, and 1GB Video RAM dedicated to graphics processing.
A pair of wireless 3D active shutter glasses bundled with the dynabook TX/98MBL assures immediate enjoyment of Blu-ray 3D titles and 3D game content.
The dynabook TX/98MBL complements its high grade visual experience with a combination of Harman-Kardon stereo speakers and Dolby Advanced Audio that delivers full-bodied, vibrant sound. The processor is an Intel Core i7 740QM, and on-board storage is provided by a large capacity 640GB hard disk drive. The latest version of Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 are pre-installed.
Toshiba will continue to meet users' needs by developing and commercializing notebook PCs integrating advanced features and functionality.
Latest News Posts
- Interview with Boba Fett from ANHSE, an animation mastermind
- Michael Fassbender compares Assassin's Creed movie with The Matrix
- The best-paid CEO in the US is Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google
- 1Password updated, features Material Design UI and fingerprint unlock
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance