Toshiba Announces Dynabook TX Notebook Ready for Blu-ray 3D
Toshiba Corporation announced the introduction of the industry's first notebook PC featuring playback of 3D content in the Blu-ray 3D format. The new "dynabook TX/98MBL" will be available from the end of July in the Japanese market.
dynabook TX/98MBL features a 15.6-inch wide LCD display with LED backlighting and a 120Hz scan rate. It employs WinDVD BD for TOSHIBA to play back content in the Blu-ray 3D format and NVIDIA 3D Vision software and hardware to deliver a rich 3D experience.
The new 3D notebook PC adopts the active shutter technology that has made 3D a hit in movie theatres around the world. The system's active shutter LCD glasses lighten and darken at the same fast refresh rate of the 120Hz LCD, with an effective refresh rate for each eye of 60Hz. As each eye receives a slightly different image, the result is a dynamic, high quality stereoscopic image: full 3D. High level system performance is secured by integration or NVIDIA's latest graphic processor, the NVIDIA GeForce GTS 350M, and 1GB Video RAM dedicated to graphics processing.
A pair of wireless 3D active shutter glasses bundled with the dynabook TX/98MBL assures immediate enjoyment of Blu-ray 3D titles and 3D game content.
The dynabook TX/98MBL complements its high grade visual experience with a combination of Harman-Kardon stereo speakers and Dolby Advanced Audio that delivers full-bodied, vibrant sound. The processor is an Intel Core i7 740QM, and on-board storage is provided by a large capacity 640GB hard disk drive. The latest version of Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 are pre-installed.
Toshiba will continue to meet users' needs by developing and commercializing notebook PCs integrating advanced features and functionality.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy 15 PC port won't come any time soon
- Nintendo Switch to launch only as complete bundle
- The world's tiniest smartphone has 1.54-inch display
- Is Surface Studio Microsoft's new all-in-one desktop?
- Samsung offers upgrade program for Note7 owners
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now