Toshiba Announces Dynabook TX Notebook Ready for Blu-ray 3D
Toshiba Corporation announced the introduction of the industry's first notebook PC featuring playback of 3D content in the Blu-ray 3D format. The new "dynabook TX/98MBL" will be available from the end of July in the Japanese market.
dynabook TX/98MBL features a 15.6-inch wide LCD display with LED backlighting and a 120Hz scan rate. It employs WinDVD BD for TOSHIBA to play back content in the Blu-ray 3D format and NVIDIA 3D Vision software and hardware to deliver a rich 3D experience.
The new 3D notebook PC adopts the active shutter technology that has made 3D a hit in movie theatres around the world. The system's active shutter LCD glasses lighten and darken at the same fast refresh rate of the 120Hz LCD, with an effective refresh rate for each eye of 60Hz. As each eye receives a slightly different image, the result is a dynamic, high quality stereoscopic image: full 3D. High level system performance is secured by integration or NVIDIA's latest graphic processor, the NVIDIA GeForce GTS 350M, and 1GB Video RAM dedicated to graphics processing.
A pair of wireless 3D active shutter glasses bundled with the dynabook TX/98MBL assures immediate enjoyment of Blu-ray 3D titles and 3D game content.
The dynabook TX/98MBL complements its high grade visual experience with a combination of Harman-Kardon stereo speakers and Dolby Advanced Audio that delivers full-bodied, vibrant sound. The processor is an Intel Core i7 740QM, and on-board storage is provided by a large capacity 640GB hard disk drive. The latest version of Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 are pre-installed.
Toshiba will continue to meet users' needs by developing and commercializing notebook PCs integrating advanced features and functionality.
Latest News Posts
- Swatch plans to release long-life battery for smartwatches in 2016
- Oculus says don't shut the door of Oculus Rift on game consoles
- Google mobile devices searches top desktops for the first time
- Save 80% on Two Years of Lightning-Fast Internet
- Oculus Rift CV1 to be released in Q1 2016
- Asrock BIOS Guide
- What happens when you don't play by Valve's rules
- SSD on GA-P55A-UD3
- Is it possible to upgrade Gigabyte bios setup GUI?
- Patriot Memory Ignite M2 480GB SATA III M.2 SSD Review
- Electronic Arts Reports Q4 FY15 and Full Year FY15 Financial Results
- COUGAR QBX Gaming Case Receives Prestigious Award, Settles Console vs PC Debate
- Intel Announces Xeon E7 v3 Series Processors
- Western Digital Board Declares Dividend For Fourth Quarter Of Fiscal 2015
- Frostburn Studios is the New Game Developer for Heroes of Newerth