OCZ Technology Unveils Vertex 2 Pro and Vertex 2 EX Solid State Drives for Enterprise Clients
New OCZ SATA II and SAS SSD Solutions Utilize SandForce SF-1500 SSD Processors for Optimal Performance, Reliability, and Endurance
SAN JOSE, Calif., June 10, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:OCZ), a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory and flash-based storage as an alternative to hard disk drives (HDDs), unveils the Vertex 2 Pro and Vertex 2 EX Solid State Drive (SSD) Series, high-performance 2.5 inch storage solutions designed for enterprise applications.
"OCZ is committed to enabling our enterprise clients with the latest solid state drive technology in a variety of interfaces," said Ryan Petersen, CEO of the OCZ Technology Group. "With our new Vertex 2 EX and Pro series SSDs, we are able to deliver robust solutions that address the critical requirements of enterprise applications, including enhanced endurance, write performance, and data protection, with the option of either MLC or SLC NAND. These are truly best-in-class solutions designed for the most rigorous computing environments."
Built with the latest SandForce SF-1500 SSD processors, the Vertex 2 Pro/EX series of SSDs addresses the limitations of NAND flash memory in I/O-intensive environments and maximizes endurance and reliability. As a viable enterprise-grade, Multi-Level Cell (MLC) solution, Vertex 2 Pro features transfer rates up to 285MB/s read, 275MB/s write, and 4KB random writes up to 50,000 Input/Output per second (IOPS). Ideal for rigorous applications and workloads, the Vertex 2 EX uses Single-Level Cell (SLC) memory, which has ten times the program/erase (P/E) cycles with the same enhanced performance as the Pro edition. Additionally, a Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) version will be made available to clients making use of the interface in their storage infrastructures.
Vertex 2 Pro/EX SSDs feature several enterprise-specific features not available on the consumer product lines; both series have a built-in supercapacitor that acts as a temporary power backup in the event of sudden power loss, enabling the drive to complete its task ensuring no data loss. Vertex 2 Pro/EX also provides superior ECC protection and unique technology that mimics RAID-like protection and recovery from flash block failures on a single drive.
Furthermore, Vertex 2 Pro/EX increases the longevity of NAND flash memory with intelligent block management and wear-leveling to extend endurance and overall reliability of the device. This feature automatically stores data in an AES-128 encrypted format to prevent data extraction to maintain security of confidential information, a necessity in an enterprise environment.
Combined with greater durability and lower power consumption than traditional mechanical hard drives, the Vertex 2 Pro and Vertex 2 EX deliver the performance needed to take enterprise applications to the next level. Available in 50GB, 100GB, and 200GB capacities, these SSDs feature a 10 million mean time between failures (MTBF) rating and come backed by a 3-year warranty and dedicated technical and engineering support and customization for OEM clients.
To view the Vertex 2 Pro and Vertex 2 EX Solid State Drive (SSD) Series, please visit:
About OCZ Technology Group, Inc.
Founded in 2002, San Jose, CA-based OCZ Technology Group, Inc. ("OCZ") is a leader in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of high performance and reliable Solid State Drives (SSDs) and premium computer components. OCZ has built on its expertise in high-speed memory to become a leader in the SSD market, a technology that competes with traditional rotating magnetic hard disk drives (HDDs). SSDs are faster, more reliable, generate less heat and use significantly less power than the HDDs used in the majority of computers today. In addition to SSD technology, OCZ also offers high performance components for computing devices and systems, including enterprise-class power management products as well leading-edge computer gaming solutions. For more information, please visit: http://www.ocztechnology.com.
Latest News Posts
- Hollywood to rent movies, 2 weeks after they hit cinemas
- Join the 'Suicide Squad' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Netflix will double original show content in 2017
- Nashville moves to dismiss Comcast anti-Fiber lawsuit
- Amazon Go: Grocery shopping with no cash, no lines
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand