Transcend's StoreJet 25M3 Rugged Portable Hard Drive Earns SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Certification
June 10, 2010
Transcend Information, Inc. (Transcend ), a worldwide leader in storage and multimedia products, today announced that its StoreJet 25M3 2.5-inch rugged portable hard drive has been certified by the USB Implementation Forum for USB 3.0 compliance. The StoreJet 25M3 combines next-generation data transfer technology with military-grade shock resistance, delivering unparalleled performance and the extra protection necessary for personal or enterprise mobile data storage.
As more and more notebook and desktop computers are shipping with USB 3.0 compatibility, Transcend's StoreJet 25M3 serves as an outstanding way for users to experience first-hand the improvement of USB 3.0 over USB 2.0. Featuring blazing fast real-world transfer speeds of up to 90MB/s (in USB 3.0 mode), the StoreJet 25M3 enables users to copy large files without having to waste precious time waiting for the transfer to complete.
Inheriting the shockproof hallmark of Transcend's award-winning StoreJet M series, the StoreJet 25M3 sports a sophisticated three-stage shock protection system that incorporates a vibration-absorbing slip-resistant silicone outer shell, a reinforced hard casing that evenly distributes the force of an impact, and an internal hard drive suspension damper as a last line of defense. The StoreJet 25M3 meets rigorous U.S. military drop-test standards (MIL-STD-810F 516.5-Transit Drop), making it one of the most robust portable hard drives available. The StoreJet 25M3 is now available in 500GB and 640GB capacities.
The USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) is considered the gold standard for testing USB products. It institutes a USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed USB) Compliance Program to complement the specification and enable measurement of compliance in real USB products. The certification of the StoreJet 25M3 and StoreJet 25D3 portable hard drives not only gives Transcend permission to bear the official SuperSpeed USB logo, but also offers users the ultimate confidence of compliance and performance as established by the USB-IF.
Transcend is a globally recognized leader in the manufacture of storage and multimedia products. Established in 1988, Transcend offers a full line of standard and proprietary memory modules, flash memory cards, USB flash drives, portable hard drives, solid-state drives, digital music players, card readers and multimedia products. Transcend has manufacturing facilities in Taiwan and China, and has offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, The Netherlands, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and China. For more information, please visit http://www.transcendusa.com.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen CPU combo with Corsair AIO cooler on Amazon
- Samsung's Galaxy S8+ sports huge 6.2-inch display
- Samsung's new Exynos 9 chip: 4K 120FPS camera tech
- The latest photos and details on AMD Radeon Vega
- AMD reboots itself with Ryzen, and Vega is next
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood