Transcend's StoreJet 25M3 Rugged Portable Hard Drive Earns SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Certification
June 10, 2010
Transcend Information, Inc. (Transcend ), a worldwide leader in storage and multimedia products, today announced that its StoreJet 25M3 2.5-inch rugged portable hard drive has been certified by the USB Implementation Forum for USB 3.0 compliance. The StoreJet 25M3 combines next-generation data transfer technology with military-grade shock resistance, delivering unparalleled performance and the extra protection necessary for personal or enterprise mobile data storage.
As more and more notebook and desktop computers are shipping with USB 3.0 compatibility, Transcend's StoreJet 25M3 serves as an outstanding way for users to experience first-hand the improvement of USB 3.0 over USB 2.0. Featuring blazing fast real-world transfer speeds of up to 90MB/s (in USB 3.0 mode), the StoreJet 25M3 enables users to copy large files without having to waste precious time waiting for the transfer to complete.
Inheriting the shockproof hallmark of Transcend's award-winning StoreJet M series, the StoreJet 25M3 sports a sophisticated three-stage shock protection system that incorporates a vibration-absorbing slip-resistant silicone outer shell, a reinforced hard casing that evenly distributes the force of an impact, and an internal hard drive suspension damper as a last line of defense. The StoreJet 25M3 meets rigorous U.S. military drop-test standards (MIL-STD-810F 516.5-Transit Drop), making it one of the most robust portable hard drives available. The StoreJet 25M3 is now available in 500GB and 640GB capacities.
The USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) is considered the gold standard for testing USB products. It institutes a USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed USB) Compliance Program to complement the specification and enable measurement of compliance in real USB products. The certification of the StoreJet 25M3 and StoreJet 25D3 portable hard drives not only gives Transcend permission to bear the official SuperSpeed USB logo, but also offers users the ultimate confidence of compliance and performance as established by the USB-IF.
Transcend is a globally recognized leader in the manufacture of storage and multimedia products. Established in 1988, Transcend offers a full line of standard and proprietary memory modules, flash memory cards, USB flash drives, portable hard drives, solid-state drives, digital music players, card readers and multimedia products. Transcend has manufacturing facilities in Taiwan and China, and has offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, The Netherlands, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and China. For more information, please visit http://www.transcendusa.com.
Latest News Posts
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Six people busted for using Lizard Squad's custom DDoS tool
- Square Enix improvised Final Fantasy 7's development, says Nomura
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV will launch to gamers sometime in 2016
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20