Transcend's StoreJet 25M3 Rugged Portable Hard Drive Earns SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Certification
June 10, 2010
Transcend Information, Inc. (Transcend ), a worldwide leader in storage and multimedia products, today announced that its StoreJet 25M3 2.5-inch rugged portable hard drive has been certified by the USB Implementation Forum for USB 3.0 compliance. The StoreJet 25M3 combines next-generation data transfer technology with military-grade shock resistance, delivering unparalleled performance and the extra protection necessary for personal or enterprise mobile data storage.
As more and more notebook and desktop computers are shipping with USB 3.0 compatibility, Transcend's StoreJet 25M3 serves as an outstanding way for users to experience first-hand the improvement of USB 3.0 over USB 2.0. Featuring blazing fast real-world transfer speeds of up to 90MB/s (in USB 3.0 mode), the StoreJet 25M3 enables users to copy large files without having to waste precious time waiting for the transfer to complete.
Inheriting the shockproof hallmark of Transcend's award-winning StoreJet M series, the StoreJet 25M3 sports a sophisticated three-stage shock protection system that incorporates a vibration-absorbing slip-resistant silicone outer shell, a reinforced hard casing that evenly distributes the force of an impact, and an internal hard drive suspension damper as a last line of defense. The StoreJet 25M3 meets rigorous U.S. military drop-test standards (MIL-STD-810F 516.5-Transit Drop), making it one of the most robust portable hard drives available. The StoreJet 25M3 is now available in 500GB and 640GB capacities.
The USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) is considered the gold standard for testing USB products. It institutes a USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed USB) Compliance Program to complement the specification and enable measurement of compliance in real USB products. The certification of the StoreJet 25M3 and StoreJet 25D3 portable hard drives not only gives Transcend permission to bear the official SuperSpeed USB logo, but also offers users the ultimate confidence of compliance and performance as established by the USB-IF.
Transcend is a globally recognized leader in the manufacture of storage and multimedia products. Established in 1988, Transcend offers a full line of standard and proprietary memory modules, flash memory cards, USB flash drives, portable hard drives, solid-state drives, digital music players, card readers and multimedia products. Transcend has manufacturing facilities in Taiwan and China, and has offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, The Netherlands, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and China. For more information, please visit http://www.transcendusa.com.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- Mulching is every time a good idea of tomato patio water storage ; bu
- as typically
- Bray assumed the lyrics we've been looking to check on ever since Jul
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- Mazda have eschewed amalgam but also cigarette lighter in powertrains
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines