Synology┬« DiskStation DS1010+ Achieves VMware Ready┬Ö Status
Taipei, Taiwan-June 10, 2010-Synology┬« Inc. today announced that its DiskStation DS1010+ has achieved VMware Ready┬Ö status. This designation indicates that the Synology DS1010+ has passed a detailed evaluation and testing process managed by VMware and is now listed on the VMware Hardware Compatibility List.
Passing the extensive VMware-specified testing helps ensure that the Synology DS1010+ makes best use of VMware technology and is ready for deployment in customer environments.
"We are pleased that the Synology DS1010+ qualifies for the VMware Ready┬Ö logo, signifying to customers that it has passed specific VMware testing and interoperability criteria and is ready to run their mission-critical business applications and operations," said Bernie Mills, senior director, alliance programs, VMware.
"Today, enterprises need reliable and affordable storage solutions to fulfill their ever increasing storage needs and to backup critical business data. The Synology DS1010+ not only addresses enterprises' storage needs, but also fits into their long-term virtualization investment by supporting VMware vSphere┬Ö 4.0." said Rosiel Lee, product manager of Synology Inc., "Synology and VMware are working together to deliver virtualized environments with significant cost savings and a scalable storage solution."
The VMware Ready program is a VMware co-branding program for qualified partner products and is a benefit of the VMware Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) program. With more than 1200 members worldwide, the VMware TAP program works with best-of-breed technology partners to provide them a comprehensive set of VMware technical and marketing services, support, tools and expertise to deliver enhanced value to joint customers.
The Synology DS1010+ can be found within the online VMware Partner Product Catalog at http://wwwa.vmware.com/partnercatalog/catalog/. Hardware products can be found within the online VMware Hardware Compatibility List at http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.
Synology at a Glance
Founded in 2000, Synology is a young and energetic company dedicated to developing high-performance, reliable, versatile, and environmentally-friendly Network Attached Storage (NAS) products. Our goal is to deliver user-friendly solutions and solid customer service to satisfy the needs of businesses, home offices, individual users and families.
Synology is the registered trademark of Synology Inc. Other names of Synology products are proprietary marks or registered trademarks of Synology Inc. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- Watch Dogs 2's new patch is better on RAM, and more
- Galaxy S8 rumored to cost $849, launches on March 29
- Microsoft loves PC gaming, no HDR support in Halo Wars 2
- Pentium G4560 costs $64, fights Core i5-2500K at $270
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99