TOSHIBA EXPANDS PERSONAL STORAGE LINE WITH 400GB EXTERNAL HDD
Growing Universe of Consumer Digital Content Drives Demand for High-Capacity Storage Solutions and the Need for Data Backup to Preserve Digital Memories
IRVINE, Calif., September 22, 2008 - Toshiba Storage Device Division (SDD), the industry pioneer in small form factor hard disk drives (HDDs), today added a 400GB1 model to its line of personal storage devices for consumers seeking high-capacity storage and backup for music libraries, home videos, personal data and other digital memories.
The new 400GB Toshiba USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive can store up to either 114,000 digital photos, 105,000 MP3 music files, 177 hours of DVD videos or 47 hours of high-definition videos.1
Designed for all consumers, Toshiba's personal storage line makes it easy for even digital novices to easily back up their digital content libraries with a hassle-free solution featuring award-winning NTI Shadow software. The user-friendly solution enables consumers to set back-up parameters a single time and enjoy peace-of-mind in knowing critical and cherished digital files and personal memories are protected.
"With the constant influx of cherished digital content stored on home computers, consumers are looking for a fast and easy way to protect their libraries with little to no maintenance," said Maciek Brzeski, vice president of marketing at Toshiba Storage Device Division. "Toshiba's click-free, switch-free and button-free backup solution caters to the average digital consumer - but with advanced features and high capacities that also appeal to the sophisticated technophile."
Reliable Portable Storage for Everyone
Toshiba's new 400GB joins the existing line of USB 2.0 Portable External HDDs available in 160GB, 250GB and 320GB capacities that offer effortless operation and mobility with automatic power via USB 2.0. The personal storage line also comes with an internal shock sensor and ramp-loading technology to deliver extra protection against normal wear and tear and anti-slip footpads that help anchor the drive in place. Weighing only six ounces, Toshiba's new external hard drive fits easily within a laptop pouch or backpack making it an ideal storage companion for travel.
Featuring a sleek and glossy finish with contemporary graphics, Toshiba's personal storage line now adds Electric Blue and Black to the existing Carbon Grey, Hot Rod Red and Gecko Green models, making these storage companions a stylish complement to any notebook or desktop PC. Toshiba's portable external hard drives also are perfect solutions for preserving personal data such as financial information and home office files, along with digital movie and music libraries and personal photo and video memories.
Toshiba's new 400GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive is available at http://www.toshibadirect.com and through major retailers and online outlets beginning in October. For a complete list, please visit http://www.wheretobuy.toshibastorage.com.
About Toshiba Storage Device Division
Toshiba SDD, a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., leads the market in the development, design and manufacturing of small form factor 2.5-inch and 1.8-inch hard disk drives. Toshiba SDD markets high-quality peripherals to original equipment manufacturers, value-added resellers, value-added dealers, systems integrators, distributors and retailers in the United States. Inherent in the Toshiba storage family are the high-quality engineering and manufacturing capabilities that have established Toshiba products as worldwide leaders. For more information, visit http://www.toshibastorage.com.
Latest News Posts
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20