TOSHIBA EXPANDS PERSONAL STORAGE LINE WITH 400GB EXTERNAL HDD
Growing Universe of Consumer Digital Content Drives Demand for High-Capacity Storage Solutions and the Need for Data Backup to Preserve Digital Memories
IRVINE, Calif., September 22, 2008 - Toshiba Storage Device Division (SDD), the industry pioneer in small form factor hard disk drives (HDDs), today added a 400GB1 model to its line of personal storage devices for consumers seeking high-capacity storage and backup for music libraries, home videos, personal data and other digital memories.
The new 400GB Toshiba USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive can store up to either 114,000 digital photos, 105,000 MP3 music files, 177 hours of DVD videos or 47 hours of high-definition videos.1
Designed for all consumers, Toshiba's personal storage line makes it easy for even digital novices to easily back up their digital content libraries with a hassle-free solution featuring award-winning NTI Shadow software. The user-friendly solution enables consumers to set back-up parameters a single time and enjoy peace-of-mind in knowing critical and cherished digital files and personal memories are protected.
"With the constant influx of cherished digital content stored on home computers, consumers are looking for a fast and easy way to protect their libraries with little to no maintenance," said Maciek Brzeski, vice president of marketing at Toshiba Storage Device Division. "Toshiba's click-free, switch-free and button-free backup solution caters to the average digital consumer - but with advanced features and high capacities that also appeal to the sophisticated technophile."
Reliable Portable Storage for Everyone
Toshiba's new 400GB joins the existing line of USB 2.0 Portable External HDDs available in 160GB, 250GB and 320GB capacities that offer effortless operation and mobility with automatic power via USB 2.0. The personal storage line also comes with an internal shock sensor and ramp-loading technology to deliver extra protection against normal wear and tear and anti-slip footpads that help anchor the drive in place. Weighing only six ounces, Toshiba's new external hard drive fits easily within a laptop pouch or backpack making it an ideal storage companion for travel.
Featuring a sleek and glossy finish with contemporary graphics, Toshiba's personal storage line now adds Electric Blue and Black to the existing Carbon Grey, Hot Rod Red and Gecko Green models, making these storage companions a stylish complement to any notebook or desktop PC. Toshiba's portable external hard drives also are perfect solutions for preserving personal data such as financial information and home office files, along with digital movie and music libraries and personal photo and video memories.
Toshiba's new 400GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive is available at http://www.toshibadirect.com and through major retailers and online outlets beginning in October. For a complete list, please visit http://www.wheretobuy.toshibastorage.com.
About Toshiba Storage Device Division
Toshiba SDD, a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., leads the market in the development, design and manufacturing of small form factor 2.5-inch and 1.8-inch hard disk drives. Toshiba SDD markets high-quality peripherals to original equipment manufacturers, value-added resellers, value-added dealers, systems integrators, distributors and retailers in the United States. Inherent in the Toshiba storage family are the high-quality engineering and manufacturing capabilities that have established Toshiba products as worldwide leaders. For more information, visit http://www.toshibastorage.com.
Latest News Posts
- Slightly Mad Studios says that Project Cars 'loves' DirectX 12
- Internet playboy celebrity called out - Dan Bilzerian shares morals
- ASUS set to unveil a new Android tablet line called ZenPad at Computex
- Naughty Dog rumored to soon unveil Uncharted Remastered for the PS4
- Colorful is aiming to become second largest GPU vendor
- DVD drive seen in Windows 8.1 but not in BIOS
- ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler Review
- Upgrade M8
- Team Group Vulcan DDR4-3000 16GB Quad-Channel Memory Kit Review
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- CoolIT Systems Successfully Deploys Liquid-Cooled Solution to Poznan Supercomputing & Networking Center in Partnership with Huawei and Itprojekt
- Technology Business Research joins executive roundtable addressing the business impact of data analysis
- Silicon Power Is Holding the 2015 Annual Exhibition in June
- Transcend to Showcase Car Video Recorders, Body Camera and Industrial Solutions at COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2015
- AccelStor Debuting All-Flash Arrays with 1M+ IOPS at Computex 2015