Shuttle Launches New 6-core Capable SX58J3 Mini-PC Barebone
Shuttle Inc., a leading developer and manufacturer of multi-form-factor solutions such as the world-famous XPC Mini-PC Barebones, proudly announces today the launch of Europe-wide delivery of the new XPC Barebone SX58J3. This new model offers extraordinary computing power and its key features places it at the top end of what is currently feasible in terms of miniaturisation.
The SX58J3 is particularly remarkable thanks to its compatibility with Intel's ground-breaking 6-core processor, the Core i7-980X Extreme Edition (codename: Gulftown), as well with all Core i7 CPUs for socket 1366. To complement this, the four slots on the Barebone are able to accommodate up to 16 GB DDR3 memory. The central interface for all components is provided by an Intel X58 Express chipset which was especially developed for high-performance systems.
"This Mini-PC which measures just 33 x 21.5 x 19 cm contains the fastest desktop technologies currently available," states Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH. "In particular, professional applications in the areas of media design, R&D and complex games benefit from the high performance density of the machine."
One modern dual-slot graphics card or two single-slot graphics cards with PCI-E-x16 interface can be used. ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI technologies are both supported.
The features of the SX58J3 include two Gigabit interfaces that can be redundantly switched in "Failover" mode or can support load increase with "Load Balancing".
The two hard drives which can be fitted in this Mini-PC with an internal volume of just 1300 cubic centimetres can be connected via RAID. A total of four interfaces for SATA devices and two for eSATA devices are available. There is also a power connection for external SATA devices. A card reader for standard types of memory card is located on the front panel.
The effective heatpipe cooling system ensures optimal stability in this model while the highly-efficient 80-PLUS-certified 500W power supply provides the necessary energy to meet all requirements.
The XPC Barebone SX58J3 is available from specialist retailers immediately. Shuttle's recommended retail price is EUR 470 (ex VAT). For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- re image
- Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse Review
- RAM Speed in H61 boards.
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines