Shuttle Launches New 6-core Capable SX58J3 Mini-PC Barebone
Shuttle Inc., a leading developer and manufacturer of multi-form-factor solutions such as the world-famous XPC Mini-PC Barebones, proudly announces today the launch of Europe-wide delivery of the new XPC Barebone SX58J3. This new model offers extraordinary computing power and its key features places it at the top end of what is currently feasible in terms of miniaturisation.
The SX58J3 is particularly remarkable thanks to its compatibility with Intel's ground-breaking 6-core processor, the Core i7-980X Extreme Edition (codename: Gulftown), as well with all Core i7 CPUs for socket 1366. To complement this, the four slots on the Barebone are able to accommodate up to 16 GB DDR3 memory. The central interface for all components is provided by an Intel X58 Express chipset which was especially developed for high-performance systems.
"This Mini-PC which measures just 33 x 21.5 x 19 cm contains the fastest desktop technologies currently available," states Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH. "In particular, professional applications in the areas of media design, R&D and complex games benefit from the high performance density of the machine."
One modern dual-slot graphics card or two single-slot graphics cards with PCI-E-x16 interface can be used. ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI technologies are both supported.
The features of the SX58J3 include two Gigabit interfaces that can be redundantly switched in "Failover" mode or can support load increase with "Load Balancing".
The two hard drives which can be fitted in this Mini-PC with an internal volume of just 1300 cubic centimetres can be connected via RAID. A total of four interfaces for SATA devices and two for eSATA devices are available. There is also a power connection for external SATA devices. A card reader for standard types of memory card is located on the front panel.
The effective heatpipe cooling system ensures optimal stability in this model while the highly-efficient 80-PLUS-certified 500W power supply provides the necessary energy to meet all requirements.
The XPC Barebone SX58J3 is available from specialist retailers immediately. Shuttle's recommended retail price is EUR 470 (ex VAT). For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- SpaceX successfully lands another Falcon 9 rocket
- Nintendo Switch teardown teases massive 4310mAh battery
- Mass Effect Andromeda's latest gameplay video is here
- MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, a very slick mobo for Ryzen
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600X costs $260, offers Intel perf. at $617
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact