Shuttle Launches New 6-core Capable SX58J3 Mini-PC Barebone
Shuttle Inc., a leading developer and manufacturer of multi-form-factor solutions such as the world-famous XPC Mini-PC Barebones, proudly announces today the launch of Europe-wide delivery of the new XPC Barebone SX58J3. This new model offers extraordinary computing power and its key features places it at the top end of what is currently feasible in terms of miniaturisation.
The SX58J3 is particularly remarkable thanks to its compatibility with Intel's ground-breaking 6-core processor, the Core i7-980X Extreme Edition (codename: Gulftown), as well with all Core i7 CPUs for socket 1366. To complement this, the four slots on the Barebone are able to accommodate up to 16 GB DDR3 memory. The central interface for all components is provided by an Intel X58 Express chipset which was especially developed for high-performance systems.
"This Mini-PC which measures just 33 x 21.5 x 19 cm contains the fastest desktop technologies currently available," states Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH. "In particular, professional applications in the areas of media design, R&D and complex games benefit from the high performance density of the machine."
One modern dual-slot graphics card or two single-slot graphics cards with PCI-E-x16 interface can be used. ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI technologies are both supported.
The features of the SX58J3 include two Gigabit interfaces that can be redundantly switched in "Failover" mode or can support load increase with "Load Balancing".
The two hard drives which can be fitted in this Mini-PC with an internal volume of just 1300 cubic centimetres can be connected via RAID. A total of four interfaces for SATA devices and two for eSATA devices are available. There is also a power connection for external SATA devices. A card reader for standard types of memory card is located on the front panel.
The effective heatpipe cooling system ensures optimal stability in this model while the highly-efficient 80-PLUS-certified 500W power supply provides the necessary energy to meet all requirements.
The XPC Barebone SX58J3 is available from specialist retailers immediately. Shuttle's recommended retail price is EUR 470 (ex VAT). For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda runs on GTX 745, has FOV slider
- 'La La Land', 'Arrival' lead Oscar nominations
- Xbox boss 'really happy' on Project Scorpio's progress
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Faraday Future receives only 60 deposits for the FF 91
- Asrock B150M-HDS problem
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017