VIA Preps Embedded Industry for Next-Generation Devices at Computex 2010
VIA showcases advanced embedded platforms for tomorrow's industrial, digital signage and HMI applications in Taipei
Taipei, Taiwan, 27 May 2010 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced its attendance at Computex 2010, showcasing a range of exciting platform, board and system level designs that are set to revitalize the embedded industry for years to come. Join VIA at Computex 2010, Nangang TWTC, Booth L1018.
Visitors to Computex 2010 will be able to experience the advanced multimedia prowess of the latest VIA VX900 media system processor in tandem with the recently unveiled 64-bit VIA Nano E-Series processor; a potent combination set to become the backbone of tomorrow's multimedia-optimized digital signage and Human Machine Interface designs. Additionally VIA will demonstrate industry-leading multi-display HD video streaming applications powered by S3 Graphics embedded-optimized solutions.
"As the broader embedded industry continues to evolve to new heights of digital and multimedia sophistication, so too are the platforms that drive them," said Daniel Wu, Vice President of VIA Embedded, VIA Technologies, Inc. "With crucial design innovations at processor, chipset, board and system levels, VIA is driving forward a new era in embedded device design."
Examples of VIA's leadership in modular devices design will also be shown, including innovative systems based on the VIA-developed Em-ITX form factor. The VIA ART-3000, a fanless embedded box PC that is ideal for a range of industrial and commercial applications, and the VIA VIPRO panel PC series are excellent examples of how the versatile Em-ITX form factor is the ideal starting point for a wealth of innovative fanless and rugged embedded systems.
The incredibly compact VIA AMOS-3001 will also be demonstrated as a leading example of performance-optimized digital signage hardware. Based on the VIA EPIA-P820 Pico-ITX board and featuring the HD proficient VIA VX855 media system processor, the fanless VIA AMOS-3001 provides smooth HD video playback of demanding H.264 codecs, at resolutions of 1080p without impacting on CPU load.
Catch a glimpse of the future of embedded device design and join VIA at Computex 2010, June 1-6, Taipei World Trade Center, Nangang, Booth L1018.
Visitors to Computex 2010 can also experience the latest products and device designs from VIA subsidiary and partner companies, including Wondermedia, VIA Labs and VIA Telecom. Join VIA at the Taiwan International Convention Center, 2nd floor, room 201D and see first hand how VIA's latest processor platforms are driving new innovations in a range of market segments.
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA's global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world's top OEMs and system integrators. http://www.via.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 lets you play as Corvo or Emily, has dynamic endings
- New Watch Dogs 2 lead character reportedly leaked
- YouTube testing clean Material design
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience