Intel Expands 2010 Intel® Core Processor Family to Stylish Ultra-Thin Laptops
The number 32 is key -- Intel's chip design and unique manufacturing dubbed "32 nanometers" delivers 32 percent slimmer laptops and more than 32 percent better performance.
Smarter, faster processors offer the perfect balance of style and performance. Ultra-thin laptops typically are approximately 0.8 to 1 inch thick and 1 to 2 pounds lighter than traditional laptops.
Chips include a multitude of new technologies to enhance performance while offering great battery life, such as Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, which intelligently provides an immediate boost when needed for certain software and Intel® HD integrated high-definition graphics.
SANTA CLARA, Calif., May 24, 2010 - Intel Corporation introduced new Intel® Core processors today, extending the availability of its award-winning Intel Core processor family to more stylish, ultra-thin laptops. Ultraportable laptops - less than an inch thick and weighing just 2 to 5 pounds - offer the performance, battery life and connectivity consumers need on-the-go.
Based on Intel's 32 nanometer (nm) technology manufacturing, the processors are more than 32 percent smaller1 and deliver more than 32 percent better performance2, all in a lightweight, sleek design. These new processors also reduce power consumption3 more than 15 percent, resulting in great battery life.
"Consumers crave laptops that offer style and performance, and the new 2010 Intel® Core Ultra-Low Voltage processors for ultra-thin laptops delivers both, in one sleek design," said Mooly Eden, vice president and general manager of the PC Client Group at Intel. "Intel's leadership in 32nm high-k metal gate process technology, combined with breakthrough architecture and design has enabled thinner, lighter and faster notebooks than previous models, with terrific battery life. Not only are laptops becoming ultraportable, but with the new processors inside, users will see faster response times and less waiting."
Processors that feature Intel® Turbo Boost Technology4 will automatically accelerate performance, adjusting to the workload to give users an immediate performance boost when needed. Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology5, available in Intel® Core i7, Intel® Core i5 and Intel® Core i3 processors, provides responsiveness and helps reduce latency when performing several tasks simultaneously. With Intel® HD Graphics, the processors deliver crystal-clear visuals, vibrant colors and smooth high-definition (HD) video and audio playback.
In addition, recently announced Mobile Intel® 5 Series Chipset designed for use with the ULV-based laptops expands support for multiple video and audio options, enhanced data and PC protection with Intel® Anti-Theft Technology and robust data protection for users' digital assets.
More than 40 designs are expected from computer makers such as Acer, Asus, Lenovo and MSI, and will be offered at a variety of price points beginning in June. For more information and images, visit http://www.intel.com/pressroom/kits/ultrathin. To learn how ultra-thin can benefit your mobile lifestyle see the Intel Inside Scoop blog.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world's computing devices. Additional information about Intel is available at http://www.intel.com/pressroom and blogs.intel.com.
Latest News Posts
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's pre-order scheme could change everything
- Ocarina of Time gets an enchanting Unreal Engine 4 makeover
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ACPI wakeup/shutdown no longer works after UEFI flash.
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015