Intel Expands 2010 IntelĀ® CoreĀ Processor Family to Stylish Ultra-Thin Laptops
Ā The number 32 is key -- Intel's chip design and unique manufacturing dubbed "32 nanometers" delivers 32 percent slimmer laptops and more than 32 percent better performance.
Ā Smarter, faster processors offer the perfect balance of style and performance. Ultra-thin laptops typically are approximately 0.8 to 1 inch thick and 1 to 2 pounds lighter than traditional laptops.
Ā Chips include a multitude of new technologies to enhance performance while offering great battery life, such as IntelĀ® Turbo Boost Technology, which intelligently provides an immediate boost when needed for certain software and IntelĀ® HD integrated high-definition graphics.
SANTA CLARA, Calif., May 24, 2010 - Intel Corporation introduced new IntelĀ® CoreĀ processors today, extending the availability of its award-winning Intel Core processor family to more stylish, ultra-thin laptops. Ultraportable laptops - less than an inch thick and weighing just 2 to 5 pounds - offer the performance, battery life and connectivity consumers need on-the-go.
Based on Intel's 32 nanometer (nm) technology manufacturing, the processors are more than 32 percent smaller1 and deliver more than 32 percent better performance2, all in a lightweight, sleek design. These new processors also reduce power consumption3 more than 15 percent, resulting in great battery life.
"Consumers crave laptops that offer style and performance, and the new 2010 IntelĀ® CoreĀ Ultra-Low Voltage processors for ultra-thin laptops delivers both, in one sleek design," said Mooly Eden, vice president and general manager of the PC Client Group at Intel. "Intel's leadership in 32nm high-k metal gate process technology, combined with breakthrough architecture and design has enabled thinner, lighter and faster notebooks than previous models, with terrific battery life. Not only are laptops becoming ultraportable, but with the new processors inside, users will see faster response times and less waiting."
Processors that feature IntelĀ® Turbo Boost Technology4 will automatically accelerate performance, adjusting to the workload to give users an immediate performance boost when needed. IntelĀ® Hyper-Threading Technology5, available in IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7, IntelĀ® CoreĀ i5 and IntelĀ® CoreĀ i3 processors, provides responsiveness and helps reduce latency when performing several tasks simultaneously. With IntelĀ® HD Graphics, the processors deliver crystal-clear visuals, vibrant colors and smooth high-definition (HD) video and audio playback.
In addition, recently announced Mobile IntelĀ® 5 Series Chipset designed for use with the ULV-based laptops expands support for multiple video and audio options, enhanced data and PC protection with IntelĀ® Anti-Theft Technology and robust data protection for users' digital assets.
More than 40 designs are expected from computer makers such as Acer, Asus, Lenovo and MSI, and will be offered at a variety of price points beginning in June. For more information and images, visit http://www.intel.com/pressroom/kits/ultrathin. To learn how ultra-thin can benefit your mobile lifestyle see the Intel Inside Scoop blog.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world's computing devices. Additional information about Intel is available at http://www.intel.com/pressroom and blogs.intel.com.
Latest News Posts
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- All new Halo games will have split-screen, 343i confirms
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications