Intel Expands 2010 IntelĀ® CoreĀ Processor Family to Stylish Ultra-Thin Laptops
Ā The number 32 is key -- Intel's chip design and unique manufacturing dubbed "32 nanometers" delivers 32 percent slimmer laptops and more than 32 percent better performance.
Ā Smarter, faster processors offer the perfect balance of style and performance. Ultra-thin laptops typically are approximately 0.8 to 1 inch thick and 1 to 2 pounds lighter than traditional laptops.
Ā Chips include a multitude of new technologies to enhance performance while offering great battery life, such as IntelĀ® Turbo Boost Technology, which intelligently provides an immediate boost when needed for certain software and IntelĀ® HD integrated high-definition graphics.
SANTA CLARA, Calif., May 24, 2010 - Intel Corporation introduced new IntelĀ® CoreĀ processors today, extending the availability of its award-winning Intel Core processor family to more stylish, ultra-thin laptops. Ultraportable laptops - less than an inch thick and weighing just 2 to 5 pounds - offer the performance, battery life and connectivity consumers need on-the-go.
Based on Intel's 32 nanometer (nm) technology manufacturing, the processors are more than 32 percent smaller1 and deliver more than 32 percent better performance2, all in a lightweight, sleek design. These new processors also reduce power consumption3 more than 15 percent, resulting in great battery life.
"Consumers crave laptops that offer style and performance, and the new 2010 IntelĀ® CoreĀ Ultra-Low Voltage processors for ultra-thin laptops delivers both, in one sleek design," said Mooly Eden, vice president and general manager of the PC Client Group at Intel. "Intel's leadership in 32nm high-k metal gate process technology, combined with breakthrough architecture and design has enabled thinner, lighter and faster notebooks than previous models, with terrific battery life. Not only are laptops becoming ultraportable, but with the new processors inside, users will see faster response times and less waiting."
Processors that feature IntelĀ® Turbo Boost Technology4 will automatically accelerate performance, adjusting to the workload to give users an immediate performance boost when needed. IntelĀ® Hyper-Threading Technology5, available in IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7, IntelĀ® CoreĀ i5 and IntelĀ® CoreĀ i3 processors, provides responsiveness and helps reduce latency when performing several tasks simultaneously. With IntelĀ® HD Graphics, the processors deliver crystal-clear visuals, vibrant colors and smooth high-definition (HD) video and audio playback.
In addition, recently announced Mobile IntelĀ® 5 Series Chipset designed for use with the ULV-based laptops expands support for multiple video and audio options, enhanced data and PC protection with IntelĀ® Anti-Theft Technology and robust data protection for users' digital assets.
More than 40 designs are expected from computer makers such as Acer, Asus, Lenovo and MSI, and will be offered at a variety of price points beginning in June. For more information and images, visit http://www.intel.com/pressroom/kits/ultrathin. To learn how ultra-thin can benefit your mobile lifestyle see the Intel Inside Scoop blog.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world's computing devices. Additional information about Intel is available at http://www.intel.com/pressroom and blogs.intel.com.
Latest News Posts
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives