CyberLink PowerDVD Receives Certification for Both Blu-ray BD Profile 2.0 (BD-Live) and AVCREC Logos
Taipei, Taiwan----June 23, 2008----CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW), innovative solutions provider for the connected digital lifestyle, today announced that CyberLink PowerDVD has received certification for two advanced features of the Blu-ray Disc format-BD-Profile 2.0 (BD-Live) and AVCREC-confirming PowerDVD's support for the playback of interactive BD-Live movie content and high-definition MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) content stored on DVDs.
PowerDVD supporting BD Profile 2.0 (BD-Live) format allows Internet-connected activities such as multiplayer gaming, e-commerce, the downloading of movie trailers and subtitles, as well as social networking. These features provide PowerDVD users with more ways to enjoy movies. Supporting AVCREC format enables PowerDVD to playback the recording of high-definition video onto DVD recordable discs using the MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) format. With the growing popularity of high-definition video camcorders and video editing software, users are able to produce their home movies in high-def formats, or record HDTV programs, and playback their recorded high-definition video with PowerDVD.
"PowerDVD is constatnly progressing PowerDVD with the latest Blu-ray technologies," said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. "We are happy to be certified with the latest Blu-ray disc development offering our users the best in high-definition entertainment on their PCs."
CyberLink offers a complete line of software for the Blu-ray Disc format, ranging from high-definition video playback, to video editing and authoring, and burning data onto Blu-ray Discs. For more information about CyberLink's high-definition disc solutions, please visit: http://www.cyberlink.com
CyberLink PowerDVD with support for BD-Live and AVCREC formats is available for purchase online. Existing PowerDVD 8 users can update their software for free Please visit the CyberLink website for more information.
CyberLink Corp is the leader and pioneer in enabling digital multimedia on PCs and CEs. Backed by a group of high-caliber software engineers, CyberLink owns its core codec and a number of patented technologies. Today, CyberLink has built a solid reputation for delivering high-quality, interoperable, and fast time-to-market solutions that keep our OEM partners on the leading edge. Our business partners include leaders in the PC industry: drive manufacturers, graphics-card makers, and top-5 desktop and notebook brands. CyberLink Software Solutions include: complete applications for Blu-ray Discs and HD DVDs, Digital Home entertainment, Mobile TV and eHRD solutions. With customers spanning from multi-national corporations to small/medium-sized businesses, and from power users to home users, CyberLink has enjoyed rapid and consistent growth leading to a record breaking IPO in 2000 on the Taiwan Over The Counter Exchange (OTC: 5203). CyberLink is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: 5203.TW). CyberLink's worldwide headquarters is in Taipei. To keep up with market demands, CyberLink has operations in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region, including Japan. For more information, please visit CyberLink's website at http://www.cyberlink.com
Latest News Posts
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Rocket League gets a new map and a DLC car
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset