CyberLink PowerDVD Receives Certification for Both Blu-ray BD Profile 2.0 (BD-Live) and AVCREC Logos
Taipei, Taiwan----June 23, 2008----CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW), innovative solutions provider for the connected digital lifestyle, today announced that CyberLink PowerDVD has received certification for two advanced features of the Blu-ray Disc format-BD-Profile 2.0 (BD-Live) and AVCREC-confirming PowerDVD's support for the playback of interactive BD-Live movie content and high-definition MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) content stored on DVDs.
PowerDVD supporting BD Profile 2.0 (BD-Live) format allows Internet-connected activities such as multiplayer gaming, e-commerce, the downloading of movie trailers and subtitles, as well as social networking. These features provide PowerDVD users with more ways to enjoy movies. Supporting AVCREC format enables PowerDVD to playback the recording of high-definition video onto DVD recordable discs using the MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) format. With the growing popularity of high-definition video camcorders and video editing software, users are able to produce their home movies in high-def formats, or record HDTV programs, and playback their recorded high-definition video with PowerDVD.
"PowerDVD is constatnly progressing PowerDVD with the latest Blu-ray technologies," said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. "We are happy to be certified with the latest Blu-ray disc development offering our users the best in high-definition entertainment on their PCs."
CyberLink offers a complete line of software for the Blu-ray Disc format, ranging from high-definition video playback, to video editing and authoring, and burning data onto Blu-ray Discs. For more information about CyberLink's high-definition disc solutions, please visit: http://www.cyberlink.com
CyberLink PowerDVD with support for BD-Live and AVCREC formats is available for purchase online. Existing PowerDVD 8 users can update their software for free Please visit the CyberLink website for more information.
CyberLink Corp is the leader and pioneer in enabling digital multimedia on PCs and CEs. Backed by a group of high-caliber software engineers, CyberLink owns its core codec and a number of patented technologies. Today, CyberLink has built a solid reputation for delivering high-quality, interoperable, and fast time-to-market solutions that keep our OEM partners on the leading edge. Our business partners include leaders in the PC industry: drive manufacturers, graphics-card makers, and top-5 desktop and notebook brands. CyberLink Software Solutions include: complete applications for Blu-ray Discs and HD DVDs, Digital Home entertainment, Mobile TV and eHRD solutions. With customers spanning from multi-national corporations to small/medium-sized businesses, and from power users to home users, CyberLink has enjoyed rapid and consistent growth leading to a record breaking IPO in 2000 on the Taiwan Over The Counter Exchange (OTC: 5203). CyberLink is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: 5203.TW). CyberLink's worldwide headquarters is in Taipei. To keep up with market demands, CyberLink has operations in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region, including Japan. For more information, please visit CyberLink's website at http://www.cyberlink.com
Latest News Posts
- San Jose's Cogswell College announces VR/AR certificate program
- Nintendo NX will launch with a 'full software lineup'
- Apple stock is tanking, with large investor pulling his money out
- PC gaming continues to make more money than consoles
- NVIDIA to unveil next-gen GeForce on the same day as Battlefield 5
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched