Super Talent Launches Dangerously Fast New SATA-II SSDs
Support up to 170MB/sec Read and 130MB/sec Sequential Write Speeds
San Jose, California - September 16, 2008 - Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, today added two new series of SSD products in their MasterDrive family that deliver substantially faster performance than existing SSDs.
These new SSDs are based on a sophisticated new multi-channel SATA-II (3.0 Gbits per sec) controller. The MasterDrive OX uses MLC NAND Flash to transfer data at speeds up to 150 MB/sec (sequential read) and 100 MB/sec (sequential write). The MasterDrive OX is offered in capacities up to 128GB, and is backed with a 1-year warranty.
The MasterDrive PX employs SLC NAND Flash to deliver the best possible reliability and endurance. Furthermore, it supports breath-taking sequential read and write speeds, up to 170 and 130 MB/sec read and write speeds respectively. MasterDrive PX SSDs are available in 32 and 64GB capacities, and includes a 3-year warranty.
Both MasterDrive OX and PX SSDs support the following standard features:
- Fast 0.1msec access time;
- 0C to 70C operating temperature range;
- Integrated wear leveling and bad bit management algorithms, and ECC.
The 128GB MasterDrive OX will be available this week at a street price of around $419.
Super Talent Director of Marketing, Joe James commented, "In this, our third generation of SATA SSDs, we've taken performance to incredible new heights, with sustained read and write speeds that will leave any hard disk drive in the dust. At the same time, our MasterDrive SSDs are among the most cost effective solid state storage solutions available."
About Super Talent Technology
Super Talent Technology Corporation based in San Jose, California, designs and manufactures a full range of DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memory modules and Flash based storage devices for computers and consumer electronics. An ISO 9001 certified company, Super Talent utilizes its state-of-the-art factory and leading-edge components to produce award winning products with outstanding reliability. Super Talent is an active member of the JEDEC and ONFI standards bodies, and holds over 200 patents in Flash and DRAM technology.
Pricing is approximate as of announcement date and may change without notice. Usable capacity is less than specified after formatting. US patents pending.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo's next-gen handheld called 'MH', will co-exist with NX?
- Radeon 16.5.3 drivers optimized for Warhammer, Overwatch, DOTA 2
- Extended 'Independence Day: Resurgence' trailer shares new secrets
- Uncharted 4 smashes Halo 5 in first week sales with 2.7 million units
- Anniversary Update will let Windows 10 run on more devices
- OCZ RevoDrive 400 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx/ac no display after resume
- H61M-DS2 Memory Problem
- A Case Idea
- Enermax ETS-N30R-HE and ETS-N30R-TAA CPU Cooler Review
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition
- G.SKILL hosts OC World Record Stage and OC World Cup at Computex 2016, sponsored by Intel, Samsung, and NVIDIA
- Logitech announces Ultimate Ears Roll 2 speakers
- EK Waterblocks GeForce GTX 1080 block now available
- Crucial announces Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 SODIMMs