Synology┬« Launches High-Performance, Secure and Full-featured DiskStation DS110+ and DS210+ NAS Servers for SMB Users
Taipei, Taiwan-May 17, 2010-Synology┬« Inc. today launched DiskStation DS110+ and DS210+, high-performance and secure NAS servers for SMB users to share and backup data efficiently and increase productivity with rich business-oriental features.
The Synology DS110+ and DS210+ are ideal for users who require a reliable data storage solution and demand high-performance speed for file sharing. The performance test conducted by Synology's lab showed that in a Windows┬« environment, the Synology DS110+ serves an average of 108+ MB/sec reading speed and 68+ MB/sec writing speed while the Synology DS210+ delivers 108+ MB/sec reading and 58+ MB/sec writing. The web server responsiveness is impressive, too. The Synology DS110+ and DS210+ take 85.08 and 78.14 seconds respectively to handle 1,000 simultaneous requests.
"The Synology DS110+ and DS210+ provide users with secure network attached solution that protects data confidentiality while keeps performance high," said Rosiel Lee, product manager of Synology Inc. The Synology DS110+ and DS210+ are equipped with 256-bit AES hardware encryption engines that can offload the security encryption tasks away from the main CPUs, helping to improve file transfer speeds of the DiskStations. The Synology testing lab shows that the hardware encryption engine boasts reading speed that is about 200% faster than a pure software encryption.
The Synology DS110+ calls for just 21 watts of power under normal operation while the DS210+ consumes 30 watts. Features like Wake on LAN/WAN, scheduled power on/off and hard drive hibernation further help to reduce not only carbon footprint but also operation costs. "The Synology DS110+ and DS210+ follow our commitment of delivering products with minimal environmental impact," added Lee. Both Synology DS110+ and DS210+ are equipped with a 1.06 GHz CPU with floating point computing, 64 bit memory bus, 512MB RAM, 1 Gigabit LAN port, 3 USB ports and 1 eSATA port.
With limited resources and manpower, SMB encounters difficulty in managing multiple pieces of network hardware. Running on the award-winning system software, Synology DiskStation Manager 2.3 (DSM 2.3), the Synology DiskStation DS110+ and DS210+ can cost-effectively replace other devices and even PC servers on the network. Web Station allows the hosting of up to 30 websites on a single Synology DS110+ or DS210+. Mail Station add-on turns a Synology DS110+ or DS210+ into a mail server.
Surveillance Station 4 enables SMB users to safeguard their properties with a centralized interface by deploying IP cameras. File Station 3 and encrypted FTP server simplify Internet access. HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block support ensure file sharing over the Internet is protected at a high security level.
The DSM 2.3 includes new features such as easy RAID and volume management with Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR), backup to the cloud with Amazon S3┬«, EZ-Internet wizard that walks users through all the complex settings like port forwarding and DDNS, and video surveillance with iPhone┬« DS cam, making the using experience of the Synology DS110+ and DS210+ just got better.
The Synology DS110+ and DS210+ are now shipping globally.
Synology at a Glance
Founded in 2000, Synology is a young and energetic company dedicated to developing high-performance, reliable, versatile, and environmentally-friendly Network Attached Storage (NAS) products. Our goal is to deliver user-friendly solutions and solid customer service to satisfy the needs of businesses, home offices, individual users and families.
Latest News Posts
- GTA 6 motion capture possibly underway
- Musk shows The Boring Company's 1st working car elevator
- Toshiba brings 64-layer 3D flash to retail SATA SSDs
- Apple will make its own OLED screens for 2018 iPhones
- Huawei Kirin 970 goes into mass production in September
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers