Corsair® Breaks World Record for Dual-Channel Memory on AMD Phenom II
- Dominator® GTX4 Memory, Hydro Series H50 CPU Cooler combined with Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition CPU to eclipse existing mark -
FREMONT, California, May 13, 2010 - Corsair, a worldwide supplier of high-performance computer and flash memory products, today announced that the Corsair Dominator GTX4 ultra-high-performance memory module has achieved a new world record for dual-channel memory frequency on AMD processors.
Using an AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition CPU, Corsair Hydro Series H50 CPU cooler, and a pair of Corsair Dominator GTX4 memory DIMMs with Airflow memory fan, Corsair Labs was able to achieve the world-record memory frequency of 2287.6MHz. Independent validation of this achievement can be found at http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1180667.
"The new Phenom II X6 CPUs offer a quantum leap in overclockability for the AMD platform," stated Jim Carlton, VP of Marketing at Corsair. "The combination of the new CPU core and Corsair's most aggressively sorted DIMMs results in some truly amazing memory performance."
Key components used in setting this record include the following:
AMD Phenom II X6 1095T Black Edition CPU
Asus Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard
4GB Corsair Dominator GTX4 memory (2 DIMMs)
Corsair Hydro Series H50 CPU Cooler
Corsair Nova Series V64 SSD
Nvidia® GeForce® 6600GT GPU
Corsair Professional Series 850HX PSU
Complete details regarding the test setup, methods, and results can be found here.
For more information on Corsair Dominator GTX memory, please visit: http://www.corsair.com/products/dominatorgt/
About DHX+ Technology
Corsair's innovative DHX+ technology uses specially designed, high-quality heatsinks and a custom-designed PCB that allows both the front and rear of the memory ICs, and the printed circuit board itself, to be cooled. DHX+ technology also allows for the cooling fins to be removed, allowing for a range of modular cooling accessories including extended heatsink fins, the Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H30 water cooling block and Corsair Cooling Ice Series T30 sub-ambient cooling subsystem, which cools the memory up to 20°C below room temperature for maximum overclocking performance. DHX and DHX+ designs are covered by US Patent number 7,606,034.
Founded in 1994, Corsair specializes in premium, high-performance peripherals and components for personal computers. Corsair's award-winning products are the delight of the world's most demanding hardware enthusiasts. For more information, visit http://www.corsair.com.
Latest News Posts
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS