ZOTAC Enhances GeForce GTX 260 Series
Updated ZOTAC GeForce GTX 260 series now with 216 processor cores
HONG KONG - Sept. 16, 2008 - ZOTAC International, a leading manufacturer of NVIDIA-based graphics cards today enhances its award-winning GeForce GTX 260¬≤ and GeForce GTX 260 AMP¬≤! Edition with 24 additional processor cores for a total of 216. The new enhanced ZOTAC GeForce GTX 260¬≤ and GeForce GTX 260 AMP¬≤! Edition delivers performance that obliterates the competition.
"We sought to squeeze extra performance from the NVIDIA GTX 260 graphics processor. By adding 24 additional processor cores, we saw performance gains up to 10-percent in the latest DirectX 10, OpenGL 2.1 and CUDA enabled 3D games and software applications," said Carsten Berger, marketing director, ZOTAC International.
Powered by 2nd Generation NVIDIA Unified Architecture, the 216-processor cores in the enhanced ZOTAC GeForce GTX 260¬≤ and GeForce GTX 260 AMP¬≤! Edition deliver greater efficiency with up to 50-percent performance increases over the previous generation architecture for blazing-fast performance and brilliant visuals.
Feeding the powerful 216-processor cores is 896MB of screaming-fast GDDR3 graphics memory that communicates with the GTX 260 GPU via a 448-bit wide memory bus for phenomenal communication speeds that's ready to take on extreme high-definition gaming.
NVIDIA PhysX technology enables the new enhanced ZOTAC GeForce GTX 260¬≤ and GeForce GTX 260 AMP¬≤! Edition with absolute immersion in the latest PhysX enabled titles. NVIDIA PhysX technology enables the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 260¬≤ and GeForce GTX 260 AMP¬≤! Edition to dedicate some of its massive graphics processing power to render realistic physics effects for a life-like in-game interactivity.
"NVIDIA PhysX technology is the future of gaming. We've advanced so far in terms of how life-like games appear visually, but interactivity is still slightly behind. PhysX technology will address that, enabling gamers to experience in-game realism like never before," Mr. Berger added.
If one enhanced ZOTAC GeForce GTX 260¬≤ or GeForce GTX 260 AMP¬≤! Edition isn't enough; the cards support NVIDIA SLI technology to increase performance by adding additional enhanced ZOTAC GeForce GTX 260¬≤ or GeForce GTX 260 AMP¬≤! Editions. To take advantage of the enhanced ZOTAC GeForce GTX 260¬≤ and GeForce GTX 260 AMP¬≤! Edition, each card comes bundled with GRiD. GRiD places gamers in the driver's seat of a world of intense racing with insane crashes and brilliant visuals. NVIDIA PureVideo HD technology empowers the enhanced ZOTAC GeForce GTX 260¬≤ and GeForce GTX 260 AMP¬≤! Edition with high-definition video playback capabilities for vibrant visuals. It's time to play with the new enhanced ZOTAC GeForce GTX 260¬≤ and GeForce GTX 260 AMP¬≤! Edition.
- New Enhanced ZOTAC GeForce GTX 260¬≤ and GeForce GTX 260 AMP¬≤! Edition
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 graphics processor
- 896 MB of GDDR3 memory
- 216 processor cores
- 2nd Generation NVIDIA Unified Architecture
- NVIDIA PhysX Ready
- NVIDIA CUDA technology
- PCI Express 2.0 interface (Compatible with 1.1)
- DirectX 10 with Shader Model 4.0 compatible
- OpenGL 2.1 compatible
- PureVideo HD technology with hardware decoding of high-definition video formats
- Dual dual-link DVI - up to 2560x1600
- Codemaster's GRID game bundle
About ZOTAC International (MCO) Limited
ZOTAC International is a part of PC Partner Ltd. Group. ZOTAC is also one of the largest NVIDIA add-in board and motherboard manufacturers in the world with over 10 years of quality manufacturing experience. The ZOTAC philosophy is to deliver the latest products at competitive prices without sacrificing quality.
For further information please visit http://www.zotac.com
Latest News Posts
- YouTube for Android and iOS now supports 60FPS playback
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 preview includes the new Edge browser
- French official says Assange, Snowden could be allowed in France
- Star Citizen's Star Marine FPS mode delayed indefinitely
- Apple will now replace your battery once it hits 80% health
- How Do I Open The RAM Slot - X555LA Laptop
- LG G4 vs. Samsung Galaxy S6 edge - The Battle of Android
- BIOS Disk Boot Option settings don't hold (GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK)
- ASUS Z97 Pro-Gamer MB. M2 mounting point.
- Tt eSPORTS Isurus Pro In-Ear Gaming Headset Review
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad
- Lite-On Introduces Low Latency M.2 PCIe SSDs for Cloud Vendors
- Ozone Gaming Announces ORIGEN Mousepad
- PNY Launches the Mini HP v160 USB 2.0 Flash Drive