ICY BOX IB-RD4320StU3 External RAID enclosure with USB 3.0. The first?
RaidSonic was fast, once again. After all the point of USB 3.0 is speed. First we brought a couple of one-bay HDD enclosures and a docking station with the connecting standard of the future, USB 3.0. Now here is the first external enclosure for two 3.5" SATA HDDs with RAID and USB 3.0. RAID functions are RAID 1, 0 and JBOD.
Those who are used to protecting their data with RAID now can benefit from the speed of USB 3.0. And some of those who so far shied away from data protection will certainly join after losing the speed case.
The ICY BOX IB-RD4320StU3 comes with a lot of good features. Status of the HDDs is displayed by LEDs on the front. The ICY BOX has an on/off switch and a very convenient RAID function setting. The solid aluminium body keeps cool and disburdens the fan which is very silent anyway.
The recommended retail price of Euro 81.00 is a competitive offer also against enclosures with USB 2.0 and eSATA. As USB 3.0 is downwards compatible and the future standard anyway, is it a real alternative to eSATA.
Aluminium enclosure for two 3.5" SATA HDDs
Supported RAID functions: JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1
Transfer rates: USB 3.0 up to 5 Gbit/s
Downwardly compatible with USB 2.0/1.1
HDD capacity unlimited
Supports: Windows XP/Vista/7
External power supply (100-240 V)
USB 3.0 cable included
Fan 40x40 mm
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-7980XE pre-orders begins, priced at $1999
- ASUS tease ROG Strix RX Vega 56 OC Edition graphics card
- Intel Core i3-8350K perf: competes with Core i7-7700K
- Galaxy Note8 will be $425 cheaper if you had the Note7
- Skyrim is awkward to play on PSVR
- Lenovo Legion Y720 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience