ICY BOX IB-RD4320StU3 External RAID enclosure with USB 3.0. The first?
RaidSonic was fast, once again. After all the point of USB 3.0 is speed. First we brought a couple of one-bay HDD enclosures and a docking station with the connecting standard of the future, USB 3.0. Now here is the first external enclosure for two 3.5" SATA HDDs with RAID and USB 3.0. RAID functions are RAID 1, 0 and JBOD.
Those who are used to protecting their data with RAID now can benefit from the speed of USB 3.0. And some of those who so far shied away from data protection will certainly join after losing the speed case.
The ICY BOX IB-RD4320StU3 comes with a lot of good features. Status of the HDDs is displayed by LEDs on the front. The ICY BOX has an on/off switch and a very convenient RAID function setting. The solid aluminium body keeps cool and disburdens the fan which is very silent anyway.
The recommended retail price of Euro 81.00 is a competitive offer also against enclosures with USB 2.0 and eSATA. As USB 3.0 is downwards compatible and the future standard anyway, is it a real alternative to eSATA.
Aluminium enclosure for two 3.5" SATA HDDs
Supported RAID functions: JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1
Transfer rates: USB 3.0 up to 5 Gbit/s
Downwardly compatible with USB 2.0/1.1
HDD capacity unlimited
Supports: Windows XP/Vista/7
External power supply (100-240 V)
USB 3.0 cable included
Fan 40x40 mm
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch dethrones League of Legends in Korean PC bang rankings
- System Shock Remastered renamed System Shock, is now a reboot
- Woman wins $10,000 in forced Windows 10 upgrade case
- Design your own AI with this online training
- AMD's next-gen AM4 socket pictured on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Impact
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines