ICY BOX IB-RD4320StU3 External RAID enclosure with USB 3.0. The first?
RaidSonic was fast, once again. After all the point of USB 3.0 is speed. First we brought a couple of one-bay HDD enclosures and a docking station with the connecting standard of the future, USB 3.0. Now here is the first external enclosure for two 3.5" SATA HDDs with RAID and USB 3.0. RAID functions are RAID 1, 0 and JBOD.
Those who are used to protecting their data with RAID now can benefit from the speed of USB 3.0. And some of those who so far shied away from data protection will certainly join after losing the speed case.
The ICY BOX IB-RD4320StU3 comes with a lot of good features. Status of the HDDs is displayed by LEDs on the front. The ICY BOX has an on/off switch and a very convenient RAID function setting. The solid aluminium body keeps cool and disburdens the fan which is very silent anyway.
The recommended retail price of Euro 81.00 is a competitive offer also against enclosures with USB 2.0 and eSATA. As USB 3.0 is downwards compatible and the future standard anyway, is it a real alternative to eSATA.
Aluminium enclosure for two 3.5" SATA HDDs
Supported RAID functions: JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1
Transfer rates: USB 3.0 up to 5 Gbit/s
Downwardly compatible with USB 2.0/1.1
HDD capacity unlimited
Supports: Windows XP/Vista/7
External power supply (100-240 V)
USB 3.0 cable included
Fan 40x40 mm
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars: Battlefront confirmed to run at 60FPS on both Xbox One, PS4
- Qualcomm has made $9.2 billion in royalties from Samsung over 4 years
- 'Star Wars: Battlefront' in-game trailer released
- First 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' trailer is here!
- Hacker group from China has launched coordinated attacks for a decade
- B85M-ITX cannot boot with usb hard drive attached
- Strontium Nitro iDrive 64GB iOS Flash Drive Review
- My new cpu only shows 1 core in bios and 2 in windows but its a quad core
- InWin D-Frame Mini Mini-ITX Tower Chassis Review
- iClever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset Review
- OWC Viper Pro Thunderbolt External SSD Premieres at NAB 2015
- HP Introduces WS Storage Advancement, Mobile WS and Professional Displays
- NEC Introduces Two New AccuSync LED-backlit Monitors
- BIOSTAR Releases the H81MDC-LSP Motherboard
- HGST Ships NVM Express Compliant Solid-State Drives