Opera delivers the Web to Realtek's digital media processors
Oslo, Norway, and Taipei, Taiwan - May 3, 2010
Opera Software and Realtek Semiconductor Corp., a world-leading provider of network and multimedia ICs, today announced that Realtek will deploy the Opera Devices SDK on its latest "Full-HD Digital Media Processor", the RTD1073/RTD1283. By selecting the Opera Devices SDK, Realtek now possesses the necessary Web tools to implement a full Web browser, create user interfaces and design unique Web applications for consumer electronics devices.
Realtek's Full-HD Digital Media Processor is a highly integrated System on a Chip (SoC) for consumer electronics products, such as media players, digital media adaptors/servers and networked media modules for embedded devices. Realtek's processor offers high-performance playback of multiple AV formats, including all common Internet formats. The RTD1073/RTD1283 will be the first Realtek products to deploy the Opera Devices SDK.
"The Web has invaded all aspects of our lives, starting with our computers and progressing all the way to our cars, refrigerators, game consoles and portable media players. Opera has been there every step of the way, readying the Web for each new device that hits the market," said Lars Boilesen, CEO, Opera Software. "By combining our solution with Realtek's, we are better able to target new market segments and bring the Web to even more devices."
"Our customers are increasingly asking for advanced Internet capabilities, complete with rich network protocols, in our high-quality digital media processors," said Jessy Chen, Realtek's Executive Vice President. "We found that the Opera Devices SDK delivers the best device performance, while providing us with the flexibility we require to integrate it quickly and easily with our products."
RTD1073/RTD1283 coupled with Opera Device SDK, provides CE manufacturers with the necessary tools to build a full Web browser and/or create a modular platform dedicated to Web- based content, services or widgets. This solution will be shipped with Realtek's latest digital media processors.
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. is one of the world's leading IC providers. Realtek designs and develops a wide range of IC products for communications network, computer peripheral, and multimedia applications. Products include 10/100/1000M Ethernet Controllers/PHYs, 10/100/1000M Ethernet Switch Media Converter/Gateway Controllers, Wireless LAN Controllers & AP/Router SoCs, DSL Chips, VoIP Solutions, AC'97/High Definition Audio Codecs, Clock Generators, Card Reader Controllers, Web Camera Controllers, LCD Monitor/ATV/DTV Controllers, and Digital Media Processors. With advanced design expertise in RF, analog, and mixed signal circuits, and with strong manufacturing and system knowledge, Realtek offers full- featured, high-performance, and competitive total solutions. More information on Realtek can be found on our Web site: http://www.realtek.com.
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined Web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and other networked devices. Opera's cross-platform Web browser technology is renowned for its performance, standards compliance and small size, while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at http://www.opera.com/.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla's Chatbot Elon will help you manage your car
- How Mario Rabbids crossover is a big missed opportunity
- Battlegrounds' new patch: Early Access beats AAA games
- Corsair's Commander Pro controls all case fans, lighting
- Google's 4K digital whiteboard available for $5000
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning