Epson WorkForce 520 All-in-One Delivers Superior Performance, Speed and High Image Quality for Small Business
LONG BEACH, Calif. - May 4, 2010 - Epson America, Inc., a leading provider of superior performing desktop printing solutions, introduced the world's fastest all-in-one in its class1 - the Epson WorkForce® 520. With professional image quality, built-in Wi-Fi®, a 30-page automatic document feeder and the ability to scan directly to PDF and e-mail, the WorkForce 520 is specifically designed to provide small business owners with a superior, affordable all-in-one printing solution.
"Small business owners and independent contractors understand that time is money, and having an all-in-one like the WorkForce 520 to minimize time spent on daily operating tasks is crucial so they can focus on other projects that contribute to the success of their business," said Robynne Lee, product manager, Consumer Ink Jets, Epson America, Inc. "By combining the world's fastest print speeds, built-in wireless printing and scanning, and high performance features, we've designed an impressive all-in-one that keeps pace with small business needs."
The WorkForce 520 delivers fast ISO PPM print speeds of 15 ISO PPM black and 5.4 ISO PPM color2. ISO PPM speeds are based on a new international standard for measuring print speed, which is designed to give consumers an "apples-to-apples" speed comparison across all printer manufacturers as well as true performance.
With Epson's exclusive fade3, smudge- and water4-resistant DURABrite® Ultra inks, the WorkForce 520 produces professional output at incredible speeds to increase efficiency in the workplace. It provides small business owners and professionals who work from home with superior performance while quickly producing high-quality text, graphics and marketing materials.
The WorkForce 520 delivers high-performance 2400 dpi scanning, including direct scan-to-PDF for archiving important documents and scan-to-e-mail to easily send invoices or proposals. It also offers standalone color and black and white copying, and the capability to fax documents directly from a computer5.
Additional Epson WorkForce 520 Features:
- Five individual ink cartridges for replacing only the color that is needed
- Produces approximately twice as many prints with two black cartridges6
- Saves up to 50 percent of paper supply with manual, two-sided printing7
Uses up to 70 percent less energy than a laser printer when printing daily jobs8
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Epson MicroPiezo® print head technology with smart nozzles delivers ink droplets in as many as three sizes, some as small as three picoliters, delivering sharp, laser-like quality text while optimizing print speeds
Pricing and Availability
The Epson WorkForce 520 ($129.99*) is currently available through major computer, office and electronic superstores, a variety of retail stores nationwide, mail order, PC manufacturers, the Internet, and Epson's own retail site, http://www.epsonstore.com. For more information, please see the Epson WorkForce 520 fact sheet.
About Epson America Inc.
Epson America, Inc. is a leading provider of an extensive range of printers, 3LCD projectors, scanners and point-of-service printers that are renowned for their high quality, functionality, innovation and energy efficiency. Epson America is a U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation, which employs more than 70,000 people in 106 companies around the world. Seiko Epson is committed to its ongoing contributions to the global environment and for the second year in a row has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria.
Latest News Posts
- Huddy: FreeSync on its way to all kinds of TVs
- Overwatch Competitive Play mode launches on Xbox One
- Intel joins BMW and Mobileeye on autonomous car technology
- Make the game you want to play with School of Game Design
- Lost in Space is coming back, with a 10-episode Netflix reboot
- Techman XC100E5C 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Review
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card