VIA Launches VIA EPIA-M830, First VIA Nano E-Series Mini-ITX Board
VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced the new VIA EPIA-M830 Mini-ITX board. Designed specifically to meet the needs of next generation kiosk, POI and POS applications, the VIA EPIA-M830 places the latest 64-bit, high performance VIA Nano E-Series processor in a streamlined, application specific Mini-ITX form factor board.
Kiosk and POS systems will soon support an incredible array of increasingly complex human-machine interactions that reach beyond traditional ticketing or retail scenarios. The VIA EPIA-M830 is designed to take the kiosk to this next phase, providing the backbone of devices that offer cashless purchasing and self service infrastructures in supermarkets and gas stations as well as more secure and interactive, multimedia-rich POI, lotto and gaming machines.
"The VIA EPIA-M830 board represents a mile-stone in kiosk device design, packing a wealth of kiosk-oriented features and enhancements into a high performance, 64-bit platform," said Daniel Wu, Vice President, VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "This highly focused platform arms developers with the tools to build the next phase of interactive kiosks."
VIA EPIA-M830 Mini-ITX Board
The VIA EPIA-M830 is available in both active and passive cooling configurations. A fanless 1.0GHz VIA Nano E-Series or performance oriented 1.3GHz VIA Nano E-Series processor is joined by the VIA VX800 media system processor providing DirectX9 integrated graphics, crystal clear HD audio and Gigabit networking. The VIA VX800 supports up to 2GB of DDR2 system memory and offers advanced video acceleration for MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV9 and VC-1 video formats, plus a VMR capable HD video processor.
Rear panel I/O includes a VGA port, an RS-232 connector (selectable to 5v/12v), four USB 2.0 ports and both line-in and lie-out jacks. On board connectors provide a wealth of options including a PCIe x4 slot, a Mini-PCIe socket, an LVDS connector (optional 240 bit dual channel panel support), two additional voltage selectable RS-232 pin headers, front audio pin-headers, PS/2, LPC and SMBUS headers and digital I/O including GPI and GPO options.
The VIA EPIA-M830 is available now to project customers. For more details please go to this page.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4