Logitech Adds to Award-Winning Harmony Remote Line
Logitech Harmony 600 Remote Simple to Set Up, Easy to Use
SYDNEY, Aust., - May 4, 2010 - Nearly all of the entertainment devices in today's living rooms use remote controls, so for most people a remote that simplifies complex home-entertainment systems is essential to performing even the simplest of activities, such as watching TV. Today, Logitech Australia added to its award-winning line of Logitech® Harmony® remotes by unveiling the Logitech® Harmony® 600 Remote. Giving you one-click control over your favourite activities, the new remote is simple to set up, simple to use, and can replace up to five other remotes.
"Why have one remote for the TV, one for the DVR, one for your DVD player and one for your A/V deck?" asked Ashish Arora, vice president and general manager of Logitech's digital home group. "A Logitech Harmony remote brings it all together, making entertainment fun and simple for you, your family or anyone who picks up the remote."
When you're gathered around the TV with your friends and family, a Logitech Harmony remote makes everything simpler. To automatically turn on the right devices and select the appropriate input settings, the Logitech Harmony 600 remote offers one-click activity buttons. After completing the online setup, you just click what you want to do - such as "Watch a DVD" - and your Logitech Harmony remote automatically turns on the right devices and selects the right inputs.
With the Logitech Harmony 600 Remote, you'll see the commands you need for the devices you're using, such as power and volume, on the monochrome backlit screen. The smart display can even provide help if you need it - just select the Help button and answer the questions that follow.
The new remote joins the ever expanding line of Harmony remotes, an award-winning family that includes the Logitech® Harmony® 700 Remote - which controls up to six devices and is rechargeable - and the iconic Logitech® Harmony® One with its stunning touch-screen display.
No More Entering Codes
Setting up a Logitech Harmony remote is a snap. Simply connect the remote to your computer, go to http://www.logitech.com/MyHarmony, and download the software. You'll then be prompted to enter the make and model number of your entertainment devices - the Logitech Harmony software does the rest. From Betamax to Blu-ray, you can be sure the Logitech Harmony remote can control virtually any IR home-electronic device.
Logitech supports more than 250,000 home-entertainment devices from more than 5,000 brands. Our database of devices grows every day, so you can be confident your remote will work with what you own today or what you might buy in the future.
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech Harmony 600 Remote will be available in Australia from early May for a suggested retail price of AUD$99.95 inc GST. The Logitech Harmony 700 Remote and the Logitech Harmony One Remote are available now worldwide for a suggested retail price of AUD $299.95 inc GST and AUD $499.95 inc GST, respectively.
Logitech is a world leader in personal peripherals, driving innovation in PC navigation, Internet communications, digital music, home-entertainment control, gaming and wireless devices. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to hold in-store Switch demos before release
- Nintendo expect 2 million Switch console sales at launch
- New Wii U Minecraft software update ready to download
- Microsoft begins Xbox One S deals, includes Gold access
- Windows 10 VR paving way for Project Scorpio VR gaming
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards