LaCie Announces Its Fastest Mobile Hard Drive: LaCie Rugged USB 3.0
LaCie announced the latest addition to its Rugged family of mobile hard drives - the LaCie Rugged USB 3.0, combining the super speeds of USB 3.0 and LaCie's award-winning rugged design. The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 is one the most power-efficient and fast-performing mobile hard drives offered by LaCie.
The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 provides speeds up to 110 MB/s - three times the speed of USB 2.0. The speed enhancement allows you to transfer one HD movie in less than 3 minutes (versus more than 8 minutes in USB 2.0). It offers improved power efficiency, so you only need one cable to be assured optimal performance.
"We are pleased to add USB 3.0, the fastest interface available, to our most recognized mobile solution," Anne-Sophie Marchand, Consumer Product Manager. "Now the most demanding customers can get the best performance out of a 2.5" hard drive - making the Rugged USB 3.0 the only hard drive necessary for work in the field."
If you do not have a USB 3.0 connection on your PC or notebook, you can easily add it with a LaCie USB 3.0 PCIe card or USB 3.0 PCIe Express card. LaCie also offers bundled options with the Rugged USB 3.0 - you choose the card.
The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 is backward compatible with USB 2.0. This means it will work with any computer or notebook that has a USB connection - offering instant usability no matter what version of USB.
Housed in the award-winning Rugged casing designed by Neil Poulton, the LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 features a unique scratch-resistant aluminum shell, internal anti-shock absorbers, and a shock-resistant rubber bumper to better protect files against everyday blunders.
For advanced users, the LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 is the only storage solution you need for transferring large digital files on the go, with super fast speeds.
The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 will be available in 500GB capacity through the LaCie Online Store, LaCie Corner, LaCie Reseller+ and LaCie Storage Partner starting at the suggested retail price of $149.99 (VAT included).
Fastest interface on the market, with speeds up to 110 MB/s
Rugged design: drop-resistant up to 2.2 meters
Complete software bundle for easy formatting and backup
10GB Wuala online storage included for one year
Latest News Posts
- Project NanoXia, a German-designed desk with two high-end PCs inside
- TweakTown Deals: Father's Day Gift Guide
- Slightly Mad Studios says that Project Cars 'loves' DirectX 12
- Internet playboy celebrity called out - Dan Bilzerian shares morals
- ASUS set to unveil a new Android tablet line called ZenPad at Computex
- DVD drive seen in Windows 8.1 but not in BIOS
- ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler Review
- Upgrade M8
- Team Group Vulcan DDR4-3000 16GB Quad-Channel Memory Kit Review
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- CoolIT Systems Successfully Deploys Liquid-Cooled Solution to Poznan Supercomputing & Networking Center in Partnership with Huawei and Itprojekt
- Technology Business Research joins executive roundtable addressing the business impact of data analysis
- Silicon Power Is Holding the 2015 Annual Exhibition in June
- Transcend to Showcase Car Video Recorders, Body Camera and Industrial Solutions at COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2015
- AccelStor Debuting All-Flash Arrays with 1M+ IOPS at Computex 2015