Samsung Unveils the Fastest STORY External Hard Drive with USB 3.0 Interface
Samsung Electronics, a world leader in digital consumer electronics and information technology, today announced the fastest external hard drive yet in its STORY Station product portfolio - the Samsung STORY Station 3.0 with the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface. The top-of-line 3.5-inch external hard drive now offers 10 times faster speed compared to the previous USB 2.0 interface, making it the ideal storage solution for saving and retrieving crucial data in the blink of an eye.
"The Samsung STORY Station 3.0 has been built for advanced users who demand fast transfer speed and data security without sacrificing design," said H.S. Lee, vice president, storage marketing, Samsung Electronics. "The STORY Station creates a seamless user experience that allows users to move large chunks of high-quality multimedia content with minimal wait time."
The SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface offers a maximum transfer rate of 5 gigabits per second (Gbps) compared to 480 megabits per second (Mbps) in USB 2.0. Users can now transfer 4 MB of music (equivalent of a 3-minute song) or image files (6megapixel camera in hi-resolution photos) in approximately 0.02 seconds and an HD movie in 2.3 minutes. The new interface is backward-compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1 interfaces.
In keeping with Samsung's world-class design tradition, the STORY Station line-up is the winner of an iF award 2009 in product design category. The minimalist design was inspired by retro electronics and combines a grey, brushed aluminum casing with the logo stenciled in red. The casing materials are RoHS-compliant, and the ventilation slits facilitate even heat dissipation to ensure reliable performance.
Designed with the environment in mind, the STORY Station 3.0 features three energy-saving modes including idle, sleep and suspend. The standby power level meets requirements for the European Union EuP (Energy Using Products) Directive for Standby Regulation.
The STORY Station 3.0 drive, available in densities ranging from 1TB to 2TB, is a part of the growing STORY product portfolio. The line-up now offers the widest range available in premium desktop storage - The STORY Station USB 2.0, the STORY Station Plus with e-SATA and USB 2.0, and the latest STORY Station 3.0. Preloaded software suites include Samsung Auto Backup, SecretZone and SafetyKey for data encryption and password protection.
The Samsung STORY Station 3.0 drives will be available globally now and it features a three-year warranty.
Latest News Posts
- ViewSonic's 4K FreeSync capable gaming monitor now available
- FCC filing confirms 3600mAh battery for Galaxy S7 Edge
- Voice dictation coming to Apple TV
- New Fallout 4 1.3 update improves draw distance on PS4, Xbox One
- Surprise! Final Fantasy IX available on iOS and Android right now
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance