Elpida Completes Development of 4-Gigabit DDR3 SDRAM, Industry's Highest Density DDR3
Elpida Memory, Inc., Japan's leading global supplier of Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM), today announced that it had completed development of a 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM, the highest density DDR3 DRAM in the DRAM industry.
Based on an advanced 40nm process, the new eco-friendly DRAM uses about 30% less power compared to two 40nm process 2-gigabit DDR3 SDRAMs (4-gigabit equivalent) and enables servers, data centers and other large capacity memory systems to reduce power consumption. It can operate at not only standard DDR3 1.5V but also 1.35V to allow greater system power savings.
Elpida plans to ship 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM for applications to the industry's highest density 32GB registered DIMM (72 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAMs installed in 36 Double Density Packages [DDP]*) and high-speed/high density new standard LR DIMM (Load Reduced DIMM) for servers, 8GB ECC unbuffered DIMM (18 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM installed) for workstations, 8GB SO-DIMM (16 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM installed) for notebook PCs and digital consumer electronic products.
The number of DRAM suppliers offering a 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM product line-up is limited. In entering this market, Elpida is expected to help steady the supply of high density memory modules for severs and notebook PCs.
Elpida plans to begin sample shipments of 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM in the second quarter (April-June) of 2010 and commence mass production in the third quarter. The company's fab in Hiroshima is preparing to handle manufacturing.
Includes servers, workstations, PCs/notebook PCs, digital consumer electronics and game consoles.
Latest News Posts
- Swedish CS:GO pro Fifflaren is keeping busy - joins American team
- ESL announce $100,000 EVOLVE Xbox One competition
- UberX gets unbanned from Portland, now with a new $1 Safe Rides Fee
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III should be due on November 6, 2015
- The latest screenshots of The Witcher 3 tease impressive visuals
- XMP Memory
- Syllable G700 Noise Reduction Hi-Fi Bluetooth Headphones Review
- G1.Sniper M3 - No "Windows Boot Manager".
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- OAXIS Bento Close-Contact Induction Wireless Speaker Review
- Seven World Top Casemodders Go Head to Head at the "2015 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational"
- GIGABYTE Hosts X99 CHAMPION CHALLENGE on HWBOT.org. Tweak your GIGABYTE X99 Systems for Big Cash Prizes
- Acer Reveals New Back-To-School Product Range at the Inaugural "next@acer" Event in New York
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!