Elpida Completes Development of 4-Gigabit DDR3 SDRAM, Industry's Highest Density DDR3
Elpida Memory, Inc., Japan's leading global supplier of Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM), today announced that it had completed development of a 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM, the highest density DDR3 DRAM in the DRAM industry.
Based on an advanced 40nm process, the new eco-friendly DRAM uses about 30% less power compared to two 40nm process 2-gigabit DDR3 SDRAMs (4-gigabit equivalent) and enables servers, data centers and other large capacity memory systems to reduce power consumption. It can operate at not only standard DDR3 1.5V but also 1.35V to allow greater system power savings.
Elpida plans to ship 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM for applications to the industry's highest density 32GB registered DIMM (72 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAMs installed in 36 Double Density Packages [DDP]*) and high-speed/high density new standard LR DIMM (Load Reduced DIMM) for servers, 8GB ECC unbuffered DIMM (18 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM installed) for workstations, 8GB SO-DIMM (16 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM installed) for notebook PCs and digital consumer electronic products.
The number of DRAM suppliers offering a 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM product line-up is limited. In entering this market, Elpida is expected to help steady the supply of high density memory modules for severs and notebook PCs.
Elpida plans to begin sample shipments of 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM in the second quarter (April-June) of 2010 and commence mass production in the third quarter. The company's fab in Hiroshima is preparing to handle manufacturing.
Includes servers, workstations, PCs/notebook PCs, digital consumer electronics and game consoles.
Latest News Posts
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream
- Manli announces its GeForce GTX 1080 Founder's Edition video card
- ASUS announces the ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080