HighPoint Technologies delivers high-performance SAS RAID Controller with Intel® IOP348 I/O Processor
Milpitas, CA - HighPoint Technologies, is announcing the immediate availability of the RocketRAID 4320 SAS RAID Controller - featuring the Intel® IOP348 I/O Processor with Intel XScale® microarchitecture for enterprise class requirements for scalability, performance, reliability and manageability.
High Performance Hardware RAID Processor
The RocketRAID 4320 is a PCI-Express x8 SAS RAID controller that supports up to 8 SAS/SATA hard drives and is based on the high-performance Intel® IOP348 I/O Processor, a storage system-on-a-chip that delivers enterprise class SAS and advanced RAID data protection. The RocketRAID 4320 is efficiently maximized with the HighPoint's 2nd Gen TerabyteArchitecture to deliver the highest sustained transfer rates with over 1004MB/s read and 913MB/s write. With a PCI-Express x8 interface the RocketRAID 4320 offers the maximum bandwidth for the highest data transfers.
"HighPoint has selected Intel® I/O Processors for two significant reasons. First, there is commonality within the Intel® Xscale technology to accelerate delivery of enterprise class SAS and SATA RAID HBA's. Second, the Intel® I/O 348 Processor at 1.2GHz accommodates the high performance demands of SAS storage, said Dr. Michael Whang PH.D President and CEO of HighPoint Technologies.
"Based on high-performance, power-efficient Intel Xscale® technology, the Intel® IOP348 I/O Processor delivers enterprise-class SAS and advance RAID data protection with enhanced flexibility and interoperability", said Seth Bobroff, storage general manager, Intel® Server Platforms Group. "The Intel® IOP348 I/O Processor enables HighPoint Technologies to deliver high-performance SAS and advanced RAID data protection with its new RocketRAID 4320 SAS RAID Controller.
HighPoint 2nd Gen. TerabyteArchitecture
HighPoint's 2Nd Gen. TerabyteArchitecture features TerabyteStream to deliver the highest data throughput by efficiently maximizing the Intel® IOP348 I/O Processor. Next, TerabyteGuard will extend the life of SAS/SATA hard drives by monitoring the health status of each drive to ensure data availability. Finally, with TerabtyeSaver and the use of a battery backup and with write journaling, data is preserved during unexpected system power failures.
Fully Certified Software Support
HighPoint is committed to providing resources that make it easy to develop Linux solutions using our RAID controllers. Our RAID drivers are embedded in Linux kernel 2.6.x and greater, and we work aggressively to ensure that they are included in each successive kernel distribution. The HighPoint device driver integrated into the Linux kernel is open source. The driver sources can be downloaded from the HighPoint web site and compiled for custom-designed Linux environments.
The RocketRAID 4320 has fully certified Microsoft WHQL drivers are available for Windows Vista and for Windows Server 2008 for complete compatibility for Microsoft operating systems.
With native support in FreeBSD 7.0 o there is no manual installation of drivers and users get a plug-in with data protection experience.
HighPoint Technologies, long recognized as a leader in mass storage technologies specializes in the design and manufacturer of HBA (Host Bus Adapters) and HighPoint RAID IP (Intellectual Property). HighPoint provides a broad range of scalable hardware HBA's that meet the storage requirements of all customer types from Enterprise to SMB (Small Medium Sized Business) to PC enthusiast. For more information visit http://www.highpoint-tech.com or email email@example.com
Latest News Posts
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- Fable Legends will use foliage physics to increase visual fidelity
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform