VIA Unveils Nano E-Series Processors, Readies Embedded Industry for Next-Gen 64-bit
VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced the VIA Nano E-Series processor, bringing native 64-bit software support, virtualization capabilities and extended longevity support to embedded markets.
The move to 64-bit software architecture is an essential transition for the future of the embedded industry. Forthcoming operating systems such as Windows Embedded Standard 7 will be able to leverage a 64-bit software eco system that provides up to double the amount of data a CPU can process per clock cycle. This translates in to greater ease in manipulating large data sets and an overall performance boost compared to non-native 64-bit architectures.
"VIA Nano E-Series processors have been designed to facilitate the shift towards new technologies that will shape the embedded industry for years to come," said Daniel Wu, Vice President, VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "The VIA Nano E-Series will mean that technologies such as 64-bit computing and virtual software deployment will become the norm, not the exception for tomorrow's embedded system developers."
The VIA Nano E-Series also supports VIA VT virtualization technology, allowing legacy software and applications to be used in virtual scenarios without impacting on performance. And as with all VIA processors, the VIA PadLock Security Engine offers hardware based data encryption standards that meet widely accepted international standards.
Visitors to the VIA Technologies booth at ESC Silicon Valley 2010 will be able to see the VIA Nano E-Series in action. Join VIA at Embedded System Conference 2010, April 27 - 29, San Jose, McEnery Convention Center, Booth No.1238.
VIA Nano E-Series Highlights
Available at speeds from 800MHz to 1.8GHz, VIA Nano E-Series processors have guaranteed product longevity of seven years and are built on the successful 64-bit, superscalar architecture that powers the VIA Nano 3000 Series and 2000 Series processors.
All VIA Nano E-Series processors are fully compatible with a range of fully integrated media system processors including the VIA VX800, VIA VX855 and forthcoming VIA VX900 and VIA VN1000 digital media chipsets, offering exceptional hardware acceleration of the most demanding HD video codecs and industry leading 3D graphics capabilities.
World's most power-efficient out-of-order x86 architecture
Full support for 64-bit operating systems
High-performance superscalar processing
Most efficient speculative floating point algorithm
Full CPU virtualization support
Advanced power and thermal management
Leading-edge hardware security features
Pin-to-pin compatibility with VIA Nano, VIA C7 and VIA Eden Processors
DDR2 and DDR3 memory support
VIA Nano E-Series Availability
VIA Nano E-Series processor samples are available now to project customers and will be available in the following product SKUs:
For further information about the VIA Nano processor family and the VIA Nano E-Series, please go to this page.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4