HIGHPOINT RELEASES 16-PORT HARDWARE RAID CONTROLLER, WITH RAID 6 PERFORMANCE AND PROTECTION
Milpitas, Calif. - HighPoint announces the immediate availability of the RocketRAID 3540 based on the Intel® IOP341 I/O Processor. The RocketRAID 3540 is the newest addition to the RocketRAID 3000 Series of RAID controllers enabling superior RAID 6 performance and protection for enterprise servers by utilizing the benefits of the Intel® IOP341 I/O processor and completes the RocketRAID 3000 Family Series.
The RocketRAID 3540 is a x8 PCI-Express 16-port hardware RAID controller with advance RAID levels (0,1, 3, 5, 6,10,50) that delivers unprecedented performance for enterprise servers with maximum throughput speeds of over 750MB/s for READ / and over 560MBM/s WRITE operation. The RocketRAID 3540 x8 offers the highest I/O's (Input/Output) per second for storage servers, web servers and database server workloads that require random disk access and the best data protection against multiple drive failures. Additionally, the Intel® IOP341 I/O processor includes a high performance multi-ported memory controller to assists in optimizing throughput for READ / WRITE operations.
RAID 6 safeguards data against two drive failures for maximum fault tolerance by uniquely calculating double-parity simultaneously, rather than consecutively. Hardware RAID 6 is implemented in the RocketRAID 3540 and the RocketRAID 3000 series controllers using (P+Q) calculations.
HighPoint's TerabyteStream technology boosts performance with an intelligent data caching algorithm that distinguishes multiple concurrent data streams by managing data from the controller cache. TerabyteGuard provides the data protection and reliability needed for enterprise storage environments with advance disk monitoring tools.
The PCI-Express x8 upstream link enables the RocketRAID 3540 to offer the bandwidth needed for moving data bandwidth-intensive applications including media servers, email databases, and application servers.
HighPoint Technologies is headquartered in Milpitas CA. For further information please call 408-942-5800 or email email@example.com Visit the HighPoint site at http://www.highpoint-tech.com or http://www.hptmac.com
Latest News Posts
- Xbox and Windows are merging under Microsoft's Project Helix strategy
- CRYENGINE goes open source, now available for download
- Blizzard announces ranked play is coming to Overwatch next month
- Want another Mirror's Edge game? That's up to you, says EA
- AIDA64 developers spill the beans on NVIDIA's full Pascal line up
- Asrock MB front HD audio doesn't work (rear works)
- GA-H97-Gaming 3 trying to Raid Two 950pro's via PCIE Apadpter
- GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt not recognized
- LaCie 8big Thunderbolt 2 1U Rack Review
- PC won't boot - it trys, all fans run for approx 5 secs then shut down and start again!
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition