Global IP Solutions Enables HD Voice and One-Way Video Chat to the iPad
iPad Developers Can Simply Integrate Video Chat/Conferencing and Super HD Voice Capabilities, Ensuring Excellent Quality
San Francisco - April 20, 2010 - Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS), the leading provider of HD voice and video processing solutions, announced today the availability of high-definition (HD) and Super-wideband Voice as well as one-way Video Conferencing/Chat capabilities for iPad developers, powered by GIPS VideoEngine Mobile.
GIPS VideoEngine Mobile supplies iPad developers with a simple to integrate, high-level software API that contains the complex video conferencing/video chat capabilities into applications running on Apple's iPad operating system. As video access becomes available from Apple, GIPS VideoEngine will support two-way video chat/conferencing.
"With over 600,000 unit sales of the iPad to date, demand for this device is clearly continuing to grow," said GIPS' Chief Marketing Officer Joyce Kim. "With the unique experience that a device like the iPad can deliver, it is imperative that the overall quality exceed all expectations and GIPS is proud to offer HD and Super HD voice and video for the iPad and other mobile devices."
"GIPS technology is becoming increasingly significant with the growth in IP traffic as it offers HD voice and video communication capabilities that adjusts dynamically to available bandwidth on Wi-Fi or cellular networks," said Roopam Jain, Principal Conferencing and Collaboration analyst at Frost & Sullivan. "The introduction of devices like the iPad will greatly increase wide scale voice and video communications beyond corporate boundaries."
With GIPS VideoEngine Mobile, iPad developers can offer the best quality voice and video communication, overcoming the multiple issues intrinsic to mobile and IP networks such as delay, packet loss, bandwidth limitations, lip synchronization, dynamic bandwidth optimization and echo cancellation. GIPS VideoEngine Mobile ensures conversations dynamically adjust with Wi-Fi and cellular network conditions, thereby maintaining an uninterrupted experience.
GIPS mobile technology is available on the iPad, Android, iPhone, Symbian and Windows Mobile operating systems.
About Global IP Solutions
Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS) provides best-in-class voice and video processing in IP communications. GIPS enables its customers to deliver unmatched quality, with a faster time-to-market and with less risk than alternative solutions. GIPS serves application developers, wired and wireless service providers and network and telecommunications equipment vendors. Its customer list includes ANET, AOL, Cisco, Citrix, CommuniGate, fg microtec, KT Networks, Nimbuzz, Nortel, Oracle, PCCW, Samsung, Yahoo! and other key players in the voice and video over IP markets. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Stockholm, Boston and Hong Kong. For more information, visit http://www.gipscorp.com
Latest News Posts
- Twitter hires ex-Apple UI designer to lead its VR and AR division
- 4K UltraHD Blu-ray disc sales off to a roaring start
- Microsoft has made over 1 million Xbox One Elite Controllers
- WB delays Batman: Return to Arkham, devs need more time to polish
- New Windows 10 Anniversary Update release date leaked
- USB speed differences between various motherboards and BIOSses
- Need help with pre-built/used GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 System
- AsRock Z87 extreme 6
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Deleted driver software
- MSI readies B150M Mortar Arctic & B150M Bazooka Plus motherboards
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives