Transcend Launches Shockproof USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive
Transcend Information, Inc., a worldwide leader in storage and multimedia products, today launched its StoreJet 25D3 2.5-inch shockproof portable hard drive, one of the first USB 3.0 compatible peripherals introduced to the market. The SuperSpeed USB 3.0 model offers much better performance than USB 2.0 external hard drives, with real-world transfer speeds of up to 90MB/s. Featuring its significantly improved transfer rates and advanced anti-shock design, the StoreJet 25D3 provides users with fast and durable solution to match today's increasingly sophisticated devices.
SuperSpeed USB 3.0
As technology marches forward, new kinds of media formats and storage requirements demand more bandwidth. To address this growing need, SuperSpeed USB 3.0 boasts optimized interface speeds up to 10X faster than Hi-Speed USB 2.0. Utilizing the new, next-generation USB 3.0 standard, Transcend's StoreJet 25D3 portable hard drive delivers blazing fast data transfer rates of up to 90MB/s in real world testing, making it easier and less time-consuming to share and store gigabytes of rich digital content.
The StoreJet 25D3 USB 3.0 portable hard drive is backwards compatible with USB 2.0, allowing users to access their files from nearly any computer. With a multicolor USB 3.0/2.0 status LED indicator, users can easily identify the drive's current connection type. When operating in USB 2.0 mode, the indicator will appear orange; when USB 3.0 is connected, the LED light will turn blue.
Reliable and Shockproof Protection
Under the StoreJet 25D3 drive's seemingly delicate case with gloss piano finish is a shock-dampening system that incorporates internal suspension technology. While the sleek, mirror-like exterior enhances tactile and visual appeal, the advanced internal hard drive suspension system helps prevent damage from accidental slips or falls during travel that may result in massive data loss. Also an eco-friendly drive, the StoreJet 25D3 is designed to automatically go into power-saving sleep mode after ten minutes of inactivity, allowing energy-savings of up to 40%.
In addition to its StoreJet 25D3 USB 3.0 model, Transcend launched the USB 2.0 compatible StoreJet 25D2 portable hard drive that shares the same durable and shock-resistant features at the same time. For added value, both the StoreJet 25D3 and StoreJet 25D2 portable hard drives are backed up by an extra-long 3-year warranty, and come bundled with Transcend's own StoreJet Elite software that offers intelligent backup scheduling, Internet tools and 256-bit AES encryption. All StoreJet drives are certified for Windows 7.
Currently offered in classic black, the StoreJet 25D3 is now available in 500GB capacity, while the StoreJet 25D2 is available in 250GB, 320GB, 500 GB and 640GB capacities.
Latest News Posts
- China is the first with a 3D printed house, was built-in 45 days
- Battlefield 1 has Async Compute and DX12, expect 'DX12 fireworks'
- Volkswagen fraud settlement biggest in US history, hits $15 billion
- Dell's new 70-inch touchscreen for schools unveiled, costs $5000
- Battlefield 1 will have DX12 support, current alpha runs very smooth
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines