Transcend Launches Shockproof USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive
Transcend Information, Inc., a worldwide leader in storage and multimedia products, today launched its StoreJet 25D3 2.5-inch shockproof portable hard drive, one of the first USB 3.0 compatible peripherals introduced to the market. The SuperSpeed USB 3.0 model offers much better performance than USB 2.0 external hard drives, with real-world transfer speeds of up to 90MB/s. Featuring its significantly improved transfer rates and advanced anti-shock design, the StoreJet 25D3 provides users with fast and durable solution to match today's increasingly sophisticated devices.
SuperSpeed USB 3.0
As technology marches forward, new kinds of media formats and storage requirements demand more bandwidth. To address this growing need, SuperSpeed USB 3.0 boasts optimized interface speeds up to 10X faster than Hi-Speed USB 2.0. Utilizing the new, next-generation USB 3.0 standard, Transcend's StoreJet 25D3 portable hard drive delivers blazing fast data transfer rates of up to 90MB/s in real world testing, making it easier and less time-consuming to share and store gigabytes of rich digital content.
The StoreJet 25D3 USB 3.0 portable hard drive is backwards compatible with USB 2.0, allowing users to access their files from nearly any computer. With a multicolor USB 3.0/2.0 status LED indicator, users can easily identify the drive's current connection type. When operating in USB 2.0 mode, the indicator will appear orange; when USB 3.0 is connected, the LED light will turn blue.
Reliable and Shockproof Protection
Under the StoreJet 25D3 drive's seemingly delicate case with gloss piano finish is a shock-dampening system that incorporates internal suspension technology. While the sleek, mirror-like exterior enhances tactile and visual appeal, the advanced internal hard drive suspension system helps prevent damage from accidental slips or falls during travel that may result in massive data loss. Also an eco-friendly drive, the StoreJet 25D3 is designed to automatically go into power-saving sleep mode after ten minutes of inactivity, allowing energy-savings of up to 40%.
In addition to its StoreJet 25D3 USB 3.0 model, Transcend launched the USB 2.0 compatible StoreJet 25D2 portable hard drive that shares the same durable and shock-resistant features at the same time. For added value, both the StoreJet 25D3 and StoreJet 25D2 portable hard drives are backed up by an extra-long 3-year warranty, and come bundled with Transcend's own StoreJet Elite software that offers intelligent backup scheduling, Internet tools and 256-bit AES encryption. All StoreJet drives are certified for Windows 7.
Currently offered in classic black, the StoreJet 25D3 is now available in 500GB capacity, while the StoreJet 25D2 is available in 250GB, 320GB, 500 GB and 640GB capacities.
Latest News Posts
- Verizon wants to be well prepared for the ongoing IoT evolution
- PC manufacturers could receive Microsoft Windows 10 starting in July
- The Google Gmail email service tops 900 million global users
- IDC: PC sales dropping ahead of Windows 10, as competition tightens
- EUROCOM boasts NVIDIA Quadro graphics, 32GB RAM, M.2 SSDs and more
- Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler Review
- 970 Extreme 4 - Load Line Calibration, Does not work properly.
- Q flesh Error Incorrect file size Motherboard B85M- D3H
- Mobo Software Question (SB X-Fi 7)
- Hounds Online: The Last Hope Released
- MSI to Host US$200,000 Master Gaming Arena 2015
- 3E Company Recognized as Best in SDS Management with ISHN Readers' Choice Award
- Lenovo Sets Vision for Future Ecosystem of Connected Devices at Global Tech World Conference
- Lian Li to Showcase Two Updated Desk Chassis Models At COMPUTEX 2015
- G.SKILL DDR4 Memory Achieves Fastest Air-Cooling Record at 4062MHz with ASRock X99M Killer/3.1 Motherboard