Romanian Overclocker "matose" Pushes Corsair Dominator┬« GTX1 DDR3 Memory Modules to Extreme Speeds
Romanian overclocker Matei Mihatoiu, aka "matose" of the Lab501 overclocking and review website has reached some incredible memory frequencies using the Corsair Dominator GTX1 DDR3 memory. In his initial testing using only air cooling on the CPU and memory controller, matose was able to achieve benchmark stability at an impressive 2666MHz, which he validated at the CPU-Z website. This is far above the normal rated speed for these modules of 2400MHz.
Apparently, 2666MHz was not fast enough for matose. Not satisfied with mere air cooling, matose then escalated his efforts for speed and used dry ice, or DICE, in his cooling effort to take his CPU and memory controller temperatures far below the freezing point. The result was an astounding benchmark stable and CPU-Z validated 2906MHz.
Note the frozen condensation evident on the modules in the picture below, taken at the end of the testing session.
The fact that matose has achieved benchmark stability at these speeds is remarkable. These are not merely high speed screenshots or "suicide runs". The system is still completely stable while running the memory modules at these impressive frequencies which allowed matose to complete some outstanding benchmark runs. You can follow his exploits at the Xtreme Systems forums.
Corsair would like to congratulate matose and the Lab501 efforts in pushing the extreme boundaries of memory frequency. We are anticipating even better results as they implement more extreme cooling methods to push their Corsair Dominator GTX DDR3 memory modules to even higher frequencies.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo speaks out against VR and AR efforts from Microsoft, Sony
- Over 83,500 sign petition for Reddit CEO to step down
- Pricing on the ASUS Radeon R9 Fury STRIX leaked
- Robot accidentally kills worker in Volkswagen auto factory
- Meet the Nintendo PlayStation prototype
- Define S 47 [Buildlog 03.07.2015]
- Power loss - Event 41 Kernel Power
- ASRock Beebox (N3000) Fanless Small Form Factor PC Review
- AMD Radeon R9 Fury X Video Cards in CrossFire
- Akitio Thunder2 Quad Mini External Storage Enclosure Review
- Sharkoon Gamer Mouse with Bungee Hub - MSRP 47.99 Euros
- SMITE on Xbox One will have Australian Servers with Open Beta launch next Week
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad
- Lite-On Introduces Low Latency M.2 PCIe SSDs for Cloud Vendors