Romanian Overclocker "matose" Pushes Corsair Dominator® GTX1 DDR3 Memory Modules to Extreme Speeds
Romanian overclocker Matei Mihatoiu, aka "matose" of the Lab501 overclocking and review website has reached some incredible memory frequencies using the Corsair Dominator GTX1 DDR3 memory. In his initial testing using only air cooling on the CPU and memory controller, matose was able to achieve benchmark stability at an impressive 2666MHz, which he validated at the CPU-Z website. This is far above the normal rated speed for these modules of 2400MHz.
Apparently, 2666MHz was not fast enough for matose. Not satisfied with mere air cooling, matose then escalated his efforts for speed and used dry ice, or DICE, in his cooling effort to take his CPU and memory controller temperatures far below the freezing point. The result was an astounding benchmark stable and CPU-Z validated 2906MHz.
Note the frozen condensation evident on the modules in the picture below, taken at the end of the testing session.
The fact that matose has achieved benchmark stability at these speeds is remarkable. These are not merely high speed screenshots or "suicide runs". The system is still completely stable while running the memory modules at these impressive frequencies which allowed matose to complete some outstanding benchmark runs. You can follow his exploits at the Xtreme Systems forums.
Corsair would like to congratulate matose and the Lab501 efforts in pushing the extreme boundaries of memory frequency. We are anticipating even better results as they implement more extreme cooling methods to push their Corsair Dominator GTX DDR3 memory modules to even higher frequencies.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards