Romanian Overclocker "matose" Pushes Corsair Dominator┬« GTX1 DDR3 Memory Modules to Extreme Speeds
Romanian overclocker Matei Mihatoiu, aka "matose" of the Lab501 overclocking and review website has reached some incredible memory frequencies using the Corsair Dominator GTX1 DDR3 memory. In his initial testing using only air cooling on the CPU and memory controller, matose was able to achieve benchmark stability at an impressive 2666MHz, which he validated at the CPU-Z website. This is far above the normal rated speed for these modules of 2400MHz.
Apparently, 2666MHz was not fast enough for matose. Not satisfied with mere air cooling, matose then escalated his efforts for speed and used dry ice, or DICE, in his cooling effort to take his CPU and memory controller temperatures far below the freezing point. The result was an astounding benchmark stable and CPU-Z validated 2906MHz.
Note the frozen condensation evident on the modules in the picture below, taken at the end of the testing session.
The fact that matose has achieved benchmark stability at these speeds is remarkable. These are not merely high speed screenshots or "suicide runs". The system is still completely stable while running the memory modules at these impressive frequencies which allowed matose to complete some outstanding benchmark runs. You can follow his exploits at the Xtreme Systems forums.
Corsair would like to congratulate matose and the Lab501 efforts in pushing the extreme boundaries of memory frequency. We are anticipating even better results as they implement more extreme cooling methods to push their Corsair Dominator GTX DDR3 memory modules to even higher frequencies.
Latest News Posts
- AMD teases 8K graphics workload on Radeon RX Vega
- AMD launches dual-GPU Radeon Pro Duo with 32GB of GDDR5
- Dawn of War III PC Steam deals are up to 25% off
- Colorful announces iGame GTX 1080 Ti Vulcan X OC
- What Zelda: Breath of the Wild would look like on NES
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club