ASUS Receives Prestigious 2010 Red Dot Design Awards for ROG Motherboard, Notebooks and Eee PC Netbooks
Awards Bear Testament to ASUS' Mastery of Design and Innovation across Consumer and Component Product Lines
Sydney, Australia, 14 April 2010 - ASUS' Republic of Gamers (ROG) Rampage III Extreme motherboard, Commercial Series notebooks, Eee PC Seashell 1015 netbook and new ultra-slim series of Eee PC netbooks have risen above more than 12,000 submissions to snare prestigious red dot 2010 product design awards.
Tony Chen, Corporate Vice President and Vice Chair of ASUS' System Business Group, said, "Innovative product design is in ASUS' DNA, and our 100-strong international team of culturally-diverse designers is absolutely passionate about bringing form and function together in simple yet stylish and powerful ways. Every ASUS product embodies our brand spirit of inspiration, perfectionism and environmental consciousness; the garnering of red dot design awards proves that we are attuned to the aspirations of the design community and the desires of consumers at large."
The international red dot design award ranks among the largest and most famous design competitions in the world. Each year, an international jury reviews and evaluates the submitted products according to stringent criteria, including the degree of innovation, functionality, ergonomics, formal quality, ecological compatibility and durability of the product.
The award-winning products will be showcased in a special exhibition at the Essen red dot design museum on the premises of the world cultural heritage site 'Zeche Zollverein' from July 6 to August 1, 2010.
Specifications are subject to change without prior notice. Please visit http://www.asus.com to find out more about these award-winning products.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era, with a broad product portfolio that includes notebooks, netbooks, motherboards, graphics cards, displays, desktop PCs, servers, wireless solutions, mobile phones and networking devices. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's home and office users. ASUS won 3,268 awards in 2009, and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with the Eee PC. With a global staff of more than 10,000 and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue for 2009 was US$7.5 billion. ASUS ranks among BusinessWeek's InfoTech 100, and has been on the listing for 12 consecutive years.
Latest News Posts
- Reports claim Apple looks to OLED screens for 2018 phone release
- Google's Nest Cam never deactivates, claims researchers
- Take an Extra 15% Off All VPNs at TweakTown Deals
- Aussie Police crack down on phone use while driving
- Viral vandalism video sees young woman 'completely humiliated'
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS