NVIDIA Quadro Unleashes High Resolution Real-Time Video Editing in Adobe CS5
NVIDIA today announced that a range of NVIDIA Quadro professional graphics solutions are certified by Adobe for Adobe Creative Suite 5 software, and truly unleash the real-time video editing and effects processing capabilities of Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.
This breakthrough version of Adobe Premiere Pro leverages the parallel processing architecture of NVIDIA GPUs and their hundreds of cores to allow film and video professionals to work unconstrained. Users can now create compelling, multi-layer projects with a virtually limitless number of HD or higher resolution video clips, then apply sophisticated visual effects and color correction, while still being able to view the output instantly.
By utilizing NVIDIA Quadro solutions, productivity is enhanced many times over by eliminating the wait for preview renders any time a change is made, and by being able to view projects at full resolution without skipping frames.
"Adobe CS5 with Quadro graphics is a godsend for production pros," said Matt Silverman, creative director/partner at San Francisco-based Bonfire and Phoenix Editorial. "When you add NVIDIA GPU acceleration to Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, the performance gains and time savings are enormous. There's simply no comparison between using CPU acceleration versus GPU acceleration. I can stack more layers and effects without affecting real-time playback, meaning I can be that much more creative in less time."
A cost-effective NVIDIA Quadro-based workstation with Adobe video software now enables film and video professionals to achieve the performance and creative freedom previously reserved for dedicated edit suite systems costing upwards of $100,000.
"With Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 and the Adobe Mercury Playback Engine, we are redefining the non-linear editing workflow with industry-leading performance acceleration that will deliver big productivity gains for our users," said Simon Hayhurst, senior director, product management for Digital Video and Audio Group at Adobe. "Performance and fidelity gains coupled with support for a range of NVIDIA cards deliver new capabilities for all professional workflows, enabling users as diverse as post-production studios, corporate videographers, film production, newsrooms - even video hobbyists - to tell their stories easily, with higher impact."
"If time is money, Adobe Creative Suite users just hit the lottery," said Andrew Cresci, NVIDIA general manager, vertical market solutions. "Breakthroughs of this nature are rare. With Adobe software running on NVIDIA GPUs, productivity increases, creativity is unconstrained, and creative professionals win."
Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium, which includes Adobe Photoshop Extended, Adobe After Effects and more, and Adobe Premiere Pro with the new Adobe Mercury Playback Engine that taps into the parallel processing capabilities of NVIDIA GPUs, is fully supported by a range of NVIDIA Quadro professional graphics solutions. Products certified by Adobe for professional use include the Quadro FX 5800, Quadro FX 4800, Quadro FX 4800 for Mac, Quadro FX 3800 and Quadro CX.
For information about NVIDIA Quadro professional graphics solutions recommendations on optimized workstations designed for Adobe Creative Suite 5, visit this page.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung unveils new Gear 360 camera
- Nintendo focused on gameplay over visuals in Zelda BOTW
- These are the differences between the Galaxy S7 and S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+: Everything you need to know
- The Galaxy S8+ is official and it looks marvelous
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design