ASUS First to Deliver New IEEE Standard on Motherboards
Company Integrates Industrial Energy Efficient Ethernet Standard in Motherboards for Significant Power Savings
Sydney, Australia, 12 April 2010 - ASUS became the first motherboard maker to announce the introduction of the IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) standard on a number of new motherboards. This helps increase energy savings up to 81.3% by reducing power delivery during periods of low network activity.
Industry Leading Eco-Friendly Motherboard Brand
Dedicated to developing eco-friendly products, ASUS continuously pioneers the introduction of green technology on motherboards. This has brought about the world's first motherboard power savings engine, the EPU (Energy Processing Unit), the industry's first Energy Star 5.0-compliant motherboard and the addition of ASUS motherboards to the Climate Savers Computing Initiative. Taking eco-friendly action to a new level, ASUS motherboards are now the first in the world ready for the new Energy Efficient Ethernet standard.
Lower Power Idle Mode
The new IEEE 802.3az EEE standard is regulated by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), one of the leading standard-issuing organisations in the industry. The EEE standard was developed for enhanced efficiency, reducing the power that drives data throughput during periods of low Internet usage or minimal Ethernet activity on both sides of a link. This helps lower total system energy consumption. Even though the Internet is utterly vital for communications, activity related to its usage usually reverts to a lowered state after data finishes downloading. Responding to dynamic Internet usage, the new standard detects activity levels and lowers power consumption in idle phases, increasing supply during periods of normal transmission-thus optimising efficiency while saving power.
Significant Savings from Lower Power Requirements
By incorporating the IEEE 802.3az EEE standard, ASUS motherboards consume up to 81.3% less energy. Operating a Gigabit Ethernet LAN now requires only 89.1mW of power instead of 476.8mW during periods of lower Ethernet utilisation. With increasing emphasis by governments on energy efficiency, the new standard helps companies and users align with new regulations while consuming energy more responsibly for the good of all.
Introducing: New Motherboard Series with Enhanced Efficiency
ASUS has recently incorporated IEEE 802.3az EEE* into the new ASUS M4A89 Series motherboards. Aiming to provide more environmentally-sustainable operations, the company is getting ready to introduce an entire, completely new line of motherboards enhanced with the new standard. Please watch for announcements as the range of offerings expands.
*IEEE 802.3az EEE-compliant models include: M4A89 / M4A88 / M4A87TD series motherboards
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era, with a broad product portfolio that includes notebooks, netbooks, motherboards, graphics cards, displays, desktop PCs, servers, wireless solutions, mobile phones and networking devices. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's home and office users. ASUS won 3,268 awards in 2009, and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with the Eee PC. With a global staff of more than 10,000 and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue for 2009 was US$7.5 billion. ASUS ranks among BusinessWeek's InfoTech 100, and has been on the listing for 12 consecutive years.
Latest News Posts
- Spurned Pokemon fan raises $4000 to pay for copyright fine
- Jack Dorsey reprises role as Twitter's CEO
- New writers board 'Gran Turismo' feature film
- 'Lethal Weapon' series reloads for TV
- AMD's dual Fiji chip spotted as Radeon R9 Gemini, is this the Fury X2?
- USB 3.0 (or even 3.1) header availability for Armorsuit PC-P60?
- Project Core XD
- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ No video first boot
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog