Antec Launches New Sonata Proto Case for PC Enthusiasts
Latest chassis pushes Sonata line's celebrated features forward with distinct style
Fremont, CA - April 7, 2010 - Antec, Inc., the global leader in high-performance computer components and accessories for the gaming, PC upgrade and Do-It-Yourself markets, today announced the Sonata Proto, the newest addition to Antec's critically acclaimed Sonata line of Quiet Computing enclosures. Based on the worldwide best-selling Sonata III 500, the Sonata Proto combines improved noise reduction and powerful cooling with a modernized aesthetic and affordable price.
In response to popular demand, the Sonata Proto sports a new matte black exterior for an extra stylish edge, as well as an interior 2.5" SSD mount for convenience. The standard Sonata combination of improved cooling performance, whisper-quiet operation and enhanced flexibility is retained, as the chassis features one rear 120mm TwoCool 2-speed exhaust fan, as well as seven expansion slots and ten drive bays (three 5.25" external drive bays, two 3.5" external drive bays, the 2.5" bay and four 3.5" HDD trays).
The Sonata Proto's hard drive bay utilizes a modular tray system with vibration-absorbing silicone grommets, assuring Quiet Computing. Additionally, the Sonata Proto has convenient front-mounted USB and HD audio ports, features a built-in washable air filter for quick and easy cleaning and supports Mini-ITX, microATX and Standard ATX motherboards.
"For many users, the cost of building a reliable, quiet and efficient computer can be challenging," said Scott Richards, senior vice president of Antec. "With Quiet Computing performance and plenty of space for full-featured builds, the Sonata Proto offers system integrators and PC enthusiasts a proven design at an affordable price."
The Sonata Proto is available now for an estimated price of $74.95 through major retailers, e-tailers and distributors. The Sonata Proto is backed by Antec's AQ3 Antec Quality 3-Year limited warranty on parts and labor. For additional product information and full technical specifications, please visit http://www.antec.com.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 7 update breaks PCs with ASUS motherboards
- New Battlefield's release date leaked, set in World War 1
- Battlefield 5 to be called Battlefield 1, set in WW1
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex looks incredible on the PC at 4K
- Pay What You Want for Back-End Developer Training
- 1MORE Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones Review
- Strange indeed P57W Laptop Shutdown
- Z77Pro4 no support for Haswell or skylake cpus?
- H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- G.SKILL introduces 5 new color schemes to Trident Z Series DDR4 memory
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboards featuring Braswell refresh processors
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat