Antec Launches New Sonata Proto Case for PC Enthusiasts
Latest chassis pushes Sonata line's celebrated features forward with distinct style
Fremont, CA - April 7, 2010 - Antec, Inc., the global leader in high-performance computer components and accessories for the gaming, PC upgrade and Do-It-Yourself markets, today announced the Sonata Proto, the newest addition to Antec's critically acclaimed Sonata line of Quiet Computing enclosures. Based on the worldwide best-selling Sonata III 500, the Sonata Proto combines improved noise reduction and powerful cooling with a modernized aesthetic and affordable price.
In response to popular demand, the Sonata Proto sports a new matte black exterior for an extra stylish edge, as well as an interior 2.5" SSD mount for convenience. The standard Sonata combination of improved cooling performance, whisper-quiet operation and enhanced flexibility is retained, as the chassis features one rear 120mm TwoCool 2-speed exhaust fan, as well as seven expansion slots and ten drive bays (three 5.25" external drive bays, two 3.5" external drive bays, the 2.5" bay and four 3.5" HDD trays).
The Sonata Proto's hard drive bay utilizes a modular tray system with vibration-absorbing silicone grommets, assuring Quiet Computing. Additionally, the Sonata Proto has convenient front-mounted USB and HD audio ports, features a built-in washable air filter for quick and easy cleaning and supports Mini-ITX, microATX and Standard ATX motherboards.
"For many users, the cost of building a reliable, quiet and efficient computer can be challenging," said Scott Richards, senior vice president of Antec. "With Quiet Computing performance and plenty of space for full-featured builds, the Sonata Proto offers system integrators and PC enthusiasts a proven design at an affordable price."
The Sonata Proto is available now for an estimated price of $74.95 through major retailers, e-tailers and distributors. The Sonata Proto is backed by Antec's AQ3 Antec Quality 3-Year limited warranty on parts and labor. For additional product information and full technical specifications, please visit http://www.antec.com.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup