Antec Launches New Sonata Proto Case for PC Enthusiasts
Latest chassis pushes Sonata line's celebrated features forward with distinct style
Fremont, CA - April 7, 2010 - Antec, Inc., the global leader in high-performance computer components and accessories for the gaming, PC upgrade and Do-It-Yourself markets, today announced the Sonata Proto, the newest addition to Antec's critically acclaimed Sonata line of Quiet Computing enclosures. Based on the worldwide best-selling Sonata III 500, the Sonata Proto combines improved noise reduction and powerful cooling with a modernized aesthetic and affordable price.
In response to popular demand, the Sonata Proto sports a new matte black exterior for an extra stylish edge, as well as an interior 2.5" SSD mount for convenience. The standard Sonata combination of improved cooling performance, whisper-quiet operation and enhanced flexibility is retained, as the chassis features one rear 120mm TwoCool 2-speed exhaust fan, as well as seven expansion slots and ten drive bays (three 5.25" external drive bays, two 3.5" external drive bays, the 2.5" bay and four 3.5" HDD trays).
The Sonata Proto's hard drive bay utilizes a modular tray system with vibration-absorbing silicone grommets, assuring Quiet Computing. Additionally, the Sonata Proto has convenient front-mounted USB and HD audio ports, features a built-in washable air filter for quick and easy cleaning and supports Mini-ITX, microATX and Standard ATX motherboards.
"For many users, the cost of building a reliable, quiet and efficient computer can be challenging," said Scott Richards, senior vice president of Antec. "With Quiet Computing performance and plenty of space for full-featured builds, the Sonata Proto offers system integrators and PC enthusiasts a proven design at an affordable price."
The Sonata Proto is available now for an estimated price of $74.95 through major retailers, e-tailers and distributors. The Sonata Proto is backed by Antec's AQ3 Antec Quality 3-Year limited warranty on parts and labor. For additional product information and full technical specifications, please visit http://www.antec.com.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- Mulching is every time a good idea of tomato patio water storage ; bu
- as typically
- Bray assumed the lyrics we've been looking to check on ever since Jul
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- Mazda have eschewed amalgam but also cigarette lighter in powertrains
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines