Antec Launches New Sonata Proto Case for PC Enthusiasts
Latest chassis pushes Sonata line's celebrated features forward with distinct style
Fremont, CA - April 7, 2010 - Antec, Inc., the global leader in high-performance computer components and accessories for the gaming, PC upgrade and Do-It-Yourself markets, today announced the Sonata Proto, the newest addition to Antec's critically acclaimed Sonata line of Quiet Computing enclosures. Based on the worldwide best-selling Sonata III 500, the Sonata Proto combines improved noise reduction and powerful cooling with a modernized aesthetic and affordable price.
In response to popular demand, the Sonata Proto sports a new matte black exterior for an extra stylish edge, as well as an interior 2.5" SSD mount for convenience. The standard Sonata combination of improved cooling performance, whisper-quiet operation and enhanced flexibility is retained, as the chassis features one rear 120mm TwoCool 2-speed exhaust fan, as well as seven expansion slots and ten drive bays (three 5.25" external drive bays, two 3.5" external drive bays, the 2.5" bay and four 3.5" HDD trays).
The Sonata Proto's hard drive bay utilizes a modular tray system with vibration-absorbing silicone grommets, assuring Quiet Computing. Additionally, the Sonata Proto has convenient front-mounted USB and HD audio ports, features a built-in washable air filter for quick and easy cleaning and supports Mini-ITX, microATX and Standard ATX motherboards.
"For many users, the cost of building a reliable, quiet and efficient computer can be challenging," said Scott Richards, senior vice president of Antec. "With Quiet Computing performance and plenty of space for full-featured builds, the Sonata Proto offers system integrators and PC enthusiasts a proven design at an affordable price."
The Sonata Proto is available now for an estimated price of $74.95 through major retailers, e-tailers and distributors. The Sonata Proto is backed by Antec's AQ3 Antec Quality 3-Year limited warranty on parts and labor. For additional product information and full technical specifications, please visit http://www.antec.com.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018
- FF14: Stormblood's job level-up potions cost $25
- LG announces rugged smartphone - X Venture
- Destiny 2 replaces major subclasses and abilities
- Far Cry 5 isn't a Western, set in modern day Montana
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Custom Storage Unit
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning