Antec Launches New Sonata Proto Case for PC Enthusiasts
Latest chassis pushes Sonata line's celebrated features forward with distinct style
Fremont, CA - April 7, 2010 - Antec, Inc., the global leader in high-performance computer components and accessories for the gaming, PC upgrade and Do-It-Yourself markets, today announced the Sonata Proto, the newest addition to Antec's critically acclaimed Sonata line of Quiet Computing enclosures. Based on the worldwide best-selling Sonata III 500, the Sonata Proto combines improved noise reduction and powerful cooling with a modernized aesthetic and affordable price.
In response to popular demand, the Sonata Proto sports a new matte black exterior for an extra stylish edge, as well as an interior 2.5" SSD mount for convenience. The standard Sonata combination of improved cooling performance, whisper-quiet operation and enhanced flexibility is retained, as the chassis features one rear 120mm TwoCool 2-speed exhaust fan, as well as seven expansion slots and ten drive bays (three 5.25" external drive bays, two 3.5" external drive bays, the 2.5" bay and four 3.5" HDD trays).
The Sonata Proto's hard drive bay utilizes a modular tray system with vibration-absorbing silicone grommets, assuring Quiet Computing. Additionally, the Sonata Proto has convenient front-mounted USB and HD audio ports, features a built-in washable air filter for quick and easy cleaning and supports Mini-ITX, microATX and Standard ATX motherboards.
"For many users, the cost of building a reliable, quiet and efficient computer can be challenging," said Scott Richards, senior vice president of Antec. "With Quiet Computing performance and plenty of space for full-featured builds, the Sonata Proto offers system integrators and PC enthusiasts a proven design at an affordable price."
The Sonata Proto is available now for an estimated price of $74.95 through major retailers, e-tailers and distributors. The Sonata Proto is backed by Antec's AQ3 Antec Quality 3-Year limited warranty on parts and labor. For additional product information and full technical specifications, please visit http://www.antec.com.
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Your Photos Are Never Going to Be the Same
- PlayStation VR has 'overwhelming' conversion rate, says Sony
- Capcom says fans should 'stay tuned' for news on Resident Evil 7
- iPhone 6S chipgate: TSMC's CPU has better battery and core performance
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- REALLY NEED Help Intel Management Engine
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent