ASUS Releases KGPE-D16 Socket G34 Motherboard for 12-core AMD Opteron Processors
ASUS today introduced the new ASUS KGPE-D16 motherboard featuring the AMD G34 socket for 8- and 12-Core AMD Opteron 6100 Series processors. Equipped with an AMD SR5690/SP5100 chipset as well as supporting 4-channels of DDR3 memory per processor, ASUS' unique PIKE upgrade kit, and ASUS ASMB4-iKVM module for remote management, the KGPE-D16 is a reliable platform that runs heavy server operations while achieving exceptionally low power consumption.
Exceptional Processing Threshold with AMD Opteron 6000 Series platform (codenamed "Maranello"). Equipped with the AMD SR5690/SP5100 chipset, the KGPE-D16 utilizes AMD Opteron 6100 Series processors to help deliver exceptionally efficient performance to handle massive real-world workloads. Tom Lin, general manager, ASUS Server Business Unit said, "The KGPE-D16 serverboard supports extreme performance typical in enterprises or institutions with high-performance computing demands or web-facing servers which reach critical processing levels when internet traffic surges. So we are pleased that the AMD Opteron 6100 processor and AMD Server Chipset combination provides the muscle to handle these situations."
"Our longstanding relationship with ASUS helps assure enterprises and research institutions of a tightly integrated serverboard designed to harness the full processing capabilities of the latest AMD Opteron 6100 processors," said Patrick Patla, vice president and general manager, Server and Embedded Divisions, AMD. "The KGPE-D16 is tailored for the requirements needed by end customers to succeed in ever more demanding computing environments."
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV first impressions
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset