Corsair® Expands Dominator® Family with New Ultra-High Density 16GB and 24GB Memory Kits
- Unmatched combination of speed and density ushered in with 1600MHz modules -
FREMONT, California, April 6, 2010 - Corsair, a worldwide supplier of high performance computer and flash memory products, today announced new 16GB and 24GB Dominator DDR3 memory kits for workstation-level computers. These DRAM kits feature a clock speed of 1600 MHz and a CAS latency of nine cycles.
The introduction of these new kits expands Corsair's worldwide award-winning Dominator memory family, providing an exciting new level of performance for data-intensive computing applications.
Corsair's 24GB Dominator DDR3 memory kit has been rigorously qualified and tested in platforms based on the Intel® X58 chip set. It is designed for use with three-channel CPUs such as the Core i7 980X processor. The 16GB Dominator DDR3 memory kit is designed for use on dual channel platforms based on the P55 chip set. Both module kits include Corsair's patented DHX+ technology, and feature racing-blue highlights and fins.
"We continue to see increasing demand for high density solutions from programmers, scientists, videographers, and other data-intensive users," stated John Beekley, VP of Technical Marketing at Corsair. "These new 1600MHz modules will enable a new level of processing speed for handling these large data sets."
The 16GB and 24GB 1600MHz Dominator DDR3 memory kits are available immediately from the Corsair Store.
About DHX+ Technology
Corsair's innovative DHX+ technology uses specially designed, high-quality heatsinks and a custom-designed PCB that allows both the front and rear of the memory ICs, and the printed circuit board itself, to be cooled. DHX+ technology also allows for the cooling fins to be removed, allowing for a range of modular cooling accessories including extended heatsink fins, the Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H30 water cooling block and Corsair Cooling Ice Series T30 sub-ambient cooling subsystem, which cools the memory up to 20°C below room temperature for maximum overclocking performance. Corsair DRAM modules with DHX and DHX+ are covered by US Patent number 7,606,034.
Founded in 1994, Corsair specializes in premium, high-performance peripherals and components for personal computers. Corsair's award-winning products are the delight of the world's most demanding hardware enthusiasts. For more information, visit http://www.corsair.com.
Latest News Posts
- Galaxy S7, S7 Edge unlocked, bloatware-free versions launch today
- Existing BioShock owners will get free remastered versions on PC
- Maximize your online experience with VPN Forever
- BioShock trilogy remaster officially announced
- AMD details its Radeon RX 400 series naming system
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- Updated BIOS on E3C226D2I now can't boot from USB
- GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Synology DS916 Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- AMD Radeon RX 480 Video Card Review - Starting a Rebellion From $199
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card
- MSI readies B150M Mortar Arctic & B150M Bazooka Plus motherboards