A Remote for Everyone: Logitech Harmony 300 Remote Unveiled
New Harmony Replaces Four Remotes, Features Improved Web-based Setup
SYDNEY, Aust., - 6th April, 2010 - Logitech Australia today announced that it is bringing the benefits of the award-winning line of Harmony® remotes to people who have simpler home-entertainment needs. The new Logitech® Harmony® 300 Remote is simple to set up, replaces up to four other remotes and gives you better control of what's attached to your TV with the touch of one button.
"Most universal remotes have a bad reputation for being hard to program and, as a result, you still use more than one remote to control the devices you own," said Ashish Arora, vice president and general manager of Logitech's digital home group. "With the Harmony 300, we wanted to deliver the Harmony remote promise of one remote to control your entertainment system to everyone. No more excuses - it's time to get rid of the stack of remotes on your coffee table and simplify your home entertainment experience."
Logitech's research found that more than one-third of the 75 million U.S. and European households who have tried programming a universal remote had been dissatisfied with the process. But the Logitech Harmony 300 Remote is different. With a refreshed Web-based setup designed exclusively for Logitech's newest remote, all you have to do is connect the remote to your computer, go to http://www.myharmony.com, tell us what devices you're using and we'll do the rest. In just a few simple steps you can have full control of your home-entertainment system.
Plus, your Harmony 300 remote will never be out of date. Logitech's remotes are powered by an online device library that covers more brands than any other remote, including more than 225,000 devices from more than 5,000 brands - and the list grows every day. Whether you have an aging VCR or a brand new Blu-ray player, you can be confident your Harmony remote will control the IR devices you have.
Once you set up your remote, you can get to your entertainment fast with just one button press. The Watch TV button will turn on your TV and cable box in seconds - no additional remotes needed. The buttons are placed for easy reach, sculpted so your fingers can naturally find the right commands and grouped by how you'll use them. For example, the buttons for controlling your DVD player are all grouped together. There's even a set of programmable buttons that you can use to jump right to your favorite channels or use for custom control.
The Harmony 300 joins the ever expanding line of Harmony remotes, an award-winning family that includes the Logitech® Harmony® 700 Remote - which controls up to six devices and is rechargeable - and the flagship Logitech® Harmony® One with its stunning touch-screen display.
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech Harmony 300 will be available in Australia from the beginning of May for a suggested retail price of AUD $59.95 inc GST. The Logitech Harmony 700 Remote and the Logitech Harmony One Remote are available for a suggested retail price of AUD $299.95 inc GST and AUD $499.00 inc GST, respectively. Additional information on the entire Harmony remote line is available at http://www.logitech.com/harmony.
Logitech is a world leader in personal peripherals, driving innovation in PC navigation, Internet communications, digital music, home-entertainment control, gaming and wireless devices. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform