High Performance AMD Platform ASUS KFSN5-D Serverboard with Green Design for High Power Efficiency
Taipei, Taiwan, Setember 9, 2008 - ASUS, producer of high quality server hardware, recently launched the new ASUS KFSN5-D serverboard to meet user demand for a platform that provides efficient enterprise-class and computing intensive applications. Featuring ASUS' unique PIKE and Flex-E technology, the KFSN5-D incorporates cutting-edge technology to include support for the Quad-Core / Dual-Core Opteron chipset, DDR2 667/800* and ASUS' Green Design-making the KFSN5-D the optimal serverboard choice for end users.
Green Design with Over 90% High Power Efficiency
The KFSN5-D delivers optimized power efficiency of up to 90% and beyond-exceeding the power efficient quotient in comparison to generic serverboards*1 and offers a significant reduction of the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership), especially for enterprises and IDC deployments that provide numerous server systems for 24x7 non-stop services.
Flexible Storage Options with ASUS PIKE Upgrade Kit
ASUS provides an optional PIKE 1064E (4-port SAS), PIKE 1068E (8-port SAS) and PIKE 1078 (8-port SAS with Hardware RAID5 & RAID6) to directly upgrade SATA storage to SAS storage; and supports various RAID functions without any other hardware upgrade-allowing users to just invest on basic SKUs for existing usage while enjoying multiple expansion benefits. In addition, the PIKE kit also reduces the qualification resources for testing and inventory management efforts for customers-helping to providing savings all around.
Please visit http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=9&share=icon/11 for further information regarding the PIKE technology
ASUS Flex-E for Auto-switching of PCI-E Configurations
This unique feature transforms the KFSN5-D into a dual-use serverboard. With a PCI Express x16 (x16 link) that will automatically switch to a x8 link if its PCI Express x8 (x8 link) on slot five is occupied, the KFSN5-D allows users to enjoy the flexibility of both server/workstation modes. The PCI Express x16 (x16 link) supports professional workstation graphic cards; while the PCI Express x16 (x8 link) provides ideal support for Infiniband HBA, SATA RAID HBA, internal and external SATA RAID HBA in storage utilization.
Longer Lifetimes and Higher Reliability with All Conductive Polymer Caps
To provide better durability, electronic conductivity and longer lifetimes, the KFSN5-D is equipped with all conductive polymer capacitors to provide better durability, electronic conductivity and longer lifetime than before. These capacitors help reduce energy loss and have better thermal characteristics for system reliability.
High Computing Capability & DDR2 Support
The KFSN5-D also contains 16 DIMM slots to provide support for up to 64GB of DDR2 533/800*2 Reg. ECC memory-providing excellent computing capabilities while reducing heat generation from memory modules.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-ordered Note8 to come with a free 360 camera
- HTC slices $200 from Vive price, now costs $599
- Forza Motorsport 7 requires GTX 1080/Vega for 4K 60FPS
- ASUS makes ROG Strix Radeon RX Vega series official
- Project CARS 2 screenshots from Gamescom 2017: DELICIOUS
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect