Apple Sells Over 300,000 iPads First Day
CUPERTINO, California-April 5, 2010-Apple® today announced that it sold over 300,000 iPads in the US as of midnight Saturday, April 3. These sales included deliveries of pre-ordered iPads to customers, deliveries to channel partners and sales at Apple Retail Stores. Apple also announced that iPad users downloaded over one million apps from Apple's App Store and over 250,000 ebooks from its iBookstore during the first day.
"It feels great to have the iPad launched into the world-it's going to be a game changer," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "iPad users, on average, downloaded more than three apps and close to one book within hours of unpacking their new iPad."
Apple ignited the personal computer revolution with the Apple II, then reinvented the personal computer with the Macintosh. Apple continues to lead the industry with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system, and iLife, iWork and professional applications. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store, has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and has recently introduced its magical iPad which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft says the Xbox One will be 'powered by Windows 10' soon
- Full 'Deadpool' red-band trailer is here
- Lexus reveal their Hoverboard in action
- Taylor Swift praises Apple Music, but still is no fan of Spotify
- Forza 6 shown off at 1080p 60FPS on the Xbox One at Gamescom
- Micron M510DC 480GB Enterprise SATA III SSD Review
- Corsair Hydro H80i GT High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Windows 10 utilities for h97? (F Stream)
- windows 10 help
- Nem ASUS sabertooth 990fx R2.0+ 4.7 pro freeze
- Team17 Reveal Worms WMD and Worms 4
- HighPoint Unveils USB 3.1 Product Line - Fast & Affordable USB 3.1 Connectivity for Mac & PC Platforms!
- HI-REZ STUDIOS UNVEILS PALADINS, A TEAM-BASED SHOOTER WITH STRONG STRATEGY ELEMENTS
- Announcing the talent line-up and series groups for PGL Season 1
- AccelStor to Set New Standard of All-Flash Array Performance at Flash Memory Summit 2015