Micron Technology, Inc., Reports Results for the Second Quarter of Fiscal 2010
Micron Technology, Inc., (Nasdaq:MU) today announced results of operations for its second quarter of fiscal 2010, which ended March 4, 2010. For the second quarter of fiscal 2010, the company had net income attributable to Micron shareholders of $365 million, or $0.39 per diluted share, on net sales of just under $2 billion. These results compare to net income of $204 million, or $0.23 per diluted share, on net sales of $1.74 billion for the first quarter of fiscal 2010 and a net loss of $763 million, or $0.99 per diluted share, on net sales of $1.0 billion for the second quarter of fiscal 2009. Amounts and presentations for periods prior to fiscal 2010 have been recast for the effects of the adoption of new accounting standards for convertible debt and non-controlling interests.
"Micron positioned itself well during the recession. The company's results are starting to reflect the combination of an improving market, strong operational performance, advanced technology and a broad product portfolio," said Steve Appleton, Micron Chairman and CEO.
Revenue from sales of DRAM products increased 24 percent in the second quarter of fiscal 2010 compared to the first quarter of fiscal 2010 due to a 17 percent increase in unit sales volume and a 7 percent increase in average selling prices. Revenue from sales of NAND Flash products were down slightly in the second quarter compared to the first quarter due to a slight decrease in average selling prices. The company's gross margin on sales of memory products improved from 27 percent in the first quarter to 35 percent in the second quarter due to both an overall increase in average selling prices as well as decreases in manufacturing costs.
The company generated $804 million in cash flows from operations in the second quarter of fiscal 2010 and ended the quarter with cash and investments of approximately $1.9 billion.
The company will host a conference call today at 2:30 p.m. MDT to discuss its financial results. The call, audio and slides will be available online at http://www.micron.com. A webcast replay will be available on the company's Web site until March 31, 2011. A taped audio replay of the conference call will also be available at (706) 645-9291 (conference number: 63044542) beginning at 5:30 p.m. MDT today and continuing until 5:30 p.m. MDT on April 7, 2010.
Micron Technology, Inc., is one of the world's leading providers of advanced semiconductor solutions. Through its worldwide operations, Micron manufactures and markets DRAM, NAND Flash memory
Latest News Posts
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare ARG reveals faction details
- PNY launches its new GeForce GTX 950/GTX 960 XLR8 OC series
- AMD's next-gen Polaris GPUs get busted on GFXBench
- NVIDIA's purported GeForce GTX 1060 will rock 6GB of RAM
- Windows 95 has been installed onto an Apple Watch... because why not
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched