Micron Technology, Inc., Reports Results for the Second Quarter of Fiscal 2010
Micron Technology, Inc., (Nasdaq:MU) today announced results of operations for its second quarter of fiscal 2010, which ended March 4, 2010. For the second quarter of fiscal 2010, the company had net income attributable to Micron shareholders of $365 million, or $0.39 per diluted share, on net sales of just under $2 billion. These results compare to net income of $204 million, or $0.23 per diluted share, on net sales of $1.74 billion for the first quarter of fiscal 2010 and a net loss of $763 million, or $0.99 per diluted share, on net sales of $1.0 billion for the second quarter of fiscal 2009. Amounts and presentations for periods prior to fiscal 2010 have been recast for the effects of the adoption of new accounting standards for convertible debt and non-controlling interests.
"Micron positioned itself well during the recession. The company's results are starting to reflect the combination of an improving market, strong operational performance, advanced technology and a broad product portfolio," said Steve Appleton, Micron Chairman and CEO.
Revenue from sales of DRAM products increased 24 percent in the second quarter of fiscal 2010 compared to the first quarter of fiscal 2010 due to a 17 percent increase in unit sales volume and a 7 percent increase in average selling prices. Revenue from sales of NAND Flash products were down slightly in the second quarter compared to the first quarter due to a slight decrease in average selling prices. The company's gross margin on sales of memory products improved from 27 percent in the first quarter to 35 percent in the second quarter due to both an overall increase in average selling prices as well as decreases in manufacturing costs.
The company generated $804 million in cash flows from operations in the second quarter of fiscal 2010 and ended the quarter with cash and investments of approximately $1.9 billion.
The company will host a conference call today at 2:30 p.m. MDT to discuss its financial results. The call, audio and slides will be available online at http://www.micron.com. A webcast replay will be available on the company's Web site until March 31, 2011. A taped audio replay of the conference call will also be available at (706) 645-9291 (conference number: 63044542) beginning at 5:30 p.m. MDT today and continuing until 5:30 p.m. MDT on April 7, 2010.
Micron Technology, Inc., is one of the world's leading providers of advanced semiconductor solutions. Through its worldwide operations, Micron manufactures and markets DRAM, NAND Flash memory
Latest News Posts
- Google send mystery device through FCC, the next version of Glass?
- Gabe Newell says "our goal is to make modding better" through Steam
- Samsung's refreshed Gear VR for the Galaxy S6, S6 edge on sale May 8
- Project Cars 2 is rumored to already be in development
- Criminals receiving bitcoin ransom payments converting money fast
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- OAXIS Bento Close-Contact Induction Wireless Speaker Review
- ASRock C226 WS graphics output resolution support
- Patriot FUEL iON Magnetic Charging Pad Review
- Motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!
- BIOSTAR brings out the Small but Powerful Hi-Fi B85S1 Motherboard
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X