Micron Technology, Inc., Reports Results for the Second Quarter of Fiscal 2010
Micron Technology, Inc., (Nasdaq:MU) today announced results of operations for its second quarter of fiscal 2010, which ended March 4, 2010. For the second quarter of fiscal 2010, the company had net income attributable to Micron shareholders of $365 million, or $0.39 per diluted share, on net sales of just under $2 billion. These results compare to net income of $204 million, or $0.23 per diluted share, on net sales of $1.74 billion for the first quarter of fiscal 2010 and a net loss of $763 million, or $0.99 per diluted share, on net sales of $1.0 billion for the second quarter of fiscal 2009. Amounts and presentations for periods prior to fiscal 2010 have been recast for the effects of the adoption of new accounting standards for convertible debt and non-controlling interests.
"Micron positioned itself well during the recession. The company's results are starting to reflect the combination of an improving market, strong operational performance, advanced technology and a broad product portfolio," said Steve Appleton, Micron Chairman and CEO.
Revenue from sales of DRAM products increased 24 percent in the second quarter of fiscal 2010 compared to the first quarter of fiscal 2010 due to a 17 percent increase in unit sales volume and a 7 percent increase in average selling prices. Revenue from sales of NAND Flash products were down slightly in the second quarter compared to the first quarter due to a slight decrease in average selling prices. The company's gross margin on sales of memory products improved from 27 percent in the first quarter to 35 percent in the second quarter due to both an overall increase in average selling prices as well as decreases in manufacturing costs.
The company generated $804 million in cash flows from operations in the second quarter of fiscal 2010 and ended the quarter with cash and investments of approximately $1.9 billion.
The company will host a conference call today at 2:30 p.m. MDT to discuss its financial results. The call, audio and slides will be available online at http://www.micron.com. A webcast replay will be available on the company's Web site until March 31, 2011. A taped audio replay of the conference call will also be available at (706) 645-9291 (conference number: 63044542) beginning at 5:30 p.m. MDT today and continuing until 5:30 p.m. MDT on April 7, 2010.
Micron Technology, Inc., is one of the world's leading providers of advanced semiconductor solutions. Through its worldwide operations, Micron manufactures and markets DRAM, NAND Flash memory
Latest News Posts
- New ASUS ROG Swift rocks an insane native 240Hz with NVIDIA G-Sync
- GIGABYTE launching mechanical keyboard, gaming mouse and mousepad
- GIGABYTE GTX 1080 XTREME shows VR, overclockers some love
- Adblock won't be pre-installed on ASUS phones after all
- ASUS reveals new 34-inch curved 3440 x 1440 Designo ultrawide monitor
- Intel "Broadwell-E" Core i7-6950X 10-Core Extreme Edition CPU Review
- GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 New build option questions
- Patriot Tab 128GB Micro USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream