NEC Display Solutions Releases AS231WM 23-inch ''Green'' LCD Display
Building upon its industry position in green technologies, NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today its latest environmentally friendly display, the AccuSync AS231WM LCD monitor.
Targeted to small-to-medium sized businesses (SMBs) as well as education and government users, the AS231WM joins four other green monitors in the AccuSync Series (AS171, AS191, AS191WM and AS221WM), which all bear EPEAT Silver ratings as well as ENERGY STAR 5.0 and TCO 5.0 compliance.
The AS231WM widescreen display consumes 50 percent less energy and contains 50 percent less mercury content than conventional monitors of the same size. In addition, ECO Mode technology lets end-users toggle between energy-saving modes, helping to significantly reduce power consumption, heat generation and extend the life of the display.
"Coupled with its affordable price point, this 23-inch AccuSync display builds upon NEC's leadership in green technologies," said Lynn Gu, Product Manager of NEC Display Solutions. "The wide format allows end-users to be more productive by expanding their work area so they can view multiple application windows at the same time. Also, the unique touch-integratable feature empowers diverse business applications."
The AS231WM comes with Ambix dual-input technology, which allows for digital/analog compatibility with upgraded video cards and software, as well as connections to two systems. In addition, Rapid Response technology delivers virtually uninterrupted, undistorted viewing of high-speed, full-motion video.
A partial list of features of the AS231WM display includes:
Native resolution of 1920 x 1080
16:9 aspect ratio
1000:1 contrast ratio
Brightness of 250 cd/m2
0.4W consumption in Power Savings Mode and Power Off
5ms Rapid Response time
VGA and DVI-D with HDCP connectivity
Integrated, space-saving, down-firing multimedia speakers with headphone jack
ECO Mode for significant power-consumption savings
Carbon footprint meter, which allows users to easily track carbon savings
EPEAT Silver rating
ENERGY STAR 5.0 compliance
TCO 5.0 compliance
Certified for Windows 7, Vista and XP
The new AS231WM display will begin shipping in May 2010 with an estimated street price of $269. The display ships with a standard three-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.
Latest News Posts
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has gone gold, is ready for August 24 release
- EA is centralizing its Battlefield games under a single UI
- AMD details their new Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 graphics cards
- Watch 26 minutes of leaked No Man's Sky footage
- Last day for Windows 10 free upgrade is today
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router Review
- GA-X58A-UD7 Error Code 88 (or 8b something)
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio