NEC Display Solutions Releases AS231WM 23-inch ''Green'' LCD Display
Building upon its industry position in green technologies, NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today its latest environmentally friendly display, the AccuSync AS231WM LCD monitor.
Targeted to small-to-medium sized businesses (SMBs) as well as education and government users, the AS231WM joins four other green monitors in the AccuSync Series (AS171, AS191, AS191WM and AS221WM), which all bear EPEAT Silver ratings as well as ENERGY STAR 5.0 and TCO 5.0 compliance.
The AS231WM widescreen display consumes 50 percent less energy and contains 50 percent less mercury content than conventional monitors of the same size. In addition, ECO Mode technology lets end-users toggle between energy-saving modes, helping to significantly reduce power consumption, heat generation and extend the life of the display.
"Coupled with its affordable price point, this 23-inch AccuSync display builds upon NEC's leadership in green technologies," said Lynn Gu, Product Manager of NEC Display Solutions. "The wide format allows end-users to be more productive by expanding their work area so they can view multiple application windows at the same time. Also, the unique touch-integratable feature empowers diverse business applications."
The AS231WM comes with Ambix dual-input technology, which allows for digital/analog compatibility with upgraded video cards and software, as well as connections to two systems. In addition, Rapid Response technology delivers virtually uninterrupted, undistorted viewing of high-speed, full-motion video.
A partial list of features of the AS231WM display includes:
Native resolution of 1920 x 1080
16:9 aspect ratio
1000:1 contrast ratio
Brightness of 250 cd/m2
0.4W consumption in Power Savings Mode and Power Off
5ms Rapid Response time
VGA and DVI-D with HDCP connectivity
Integrated, space-saving, down-firing multimedia speakers with headphone jack
ECO Mode for significant power-consumption savings
Carbon footprint meter, which allows users to easily track carbon savings
EPEAT Silver rating
ENERGY STAR 5.0 compliance
TCO 5.0 compliance
Certified for Windows 7, Vista and XP
The new AS231WM display will begin shipping in May 2010 with an estimated street price of $269. The display ships with a standard three-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.
Latest News Posts
- Aquaman swims onto screens on October 5, 2018
- Crackdown 3 runs at 4K on Xbox Scorpio, arrives in 2017
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Universal's 'The Mummy' returns in first teaser trailer
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset