NEC Display Solutions Releases AS231WM 23-inch ''Green'' LCD Display
Building upon its industry position in green technologies, NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today its latest environmentally friendly display, the AccuSync AS231WM LCD monitor.
Targeted to small-to-medium sized businesses (SMBs) as well as education and government users, the AS231WM joins four other green monitors in the AccuSync Series (AS171, AS191, AS191WM and AS221WM), which all bear EPEAT Silver ratings as well as ENERGY STAR 5.0 and TCO 5.0 compliance.
The AS231WM widescreen display consumes 50 percent less energy and contains 50 percent less mercury content than conventional monitors of the same size. In addition, ECO Mode technology lets end-users toggle between energy-saving modes, helping to significantly reduce power consumption, heat generation and extend the life of the display.
"Coupled with its affordable price point, this 23-inch AccuSync display builds upon NEC's leadership in green technologies," said Lynn Gu, Product Manager of NEC Display Solutions. "The wide format allows end-users to be more productive by expanding their work area so they can view multiple application windows at the same time. Also, the unique touch-integratable feature empowers diverse business applications."
The AS231WM comes with Ambix dual-input technology, which allows for digital/analog compatibility with upgraded video cards and software, as well as connections to two systems. In addition, Rapid Response technology delivers virtually uninterrupted, undistorted viewing of high-speed, full-motion video.
A partial list of features of the AS231WM display includes:
Native resolution of 1920 x 1080
16:9 aspect ratio
1000:1 contrast ratio
Brightness of 250 cd/m2
0.4W consumption in Power Savings Mode and Power Off
5ms Rapid Response time
VGA and DVI-D with HDCP connectivity
Integrated, space-saving, down-firing multimedia speakers with headphone jack
ECO Mode for significant power-consumption savings
Carbon footprint meter, which allows users to easily track carbon savings
EPEAT Silver rating
ENERGY STAR 5.0 compliance
TCO 5.0 compliance
Certified for Windows 7, Vista and XP
The new AS231WM display will begin shipping in May 2010 with an estimated street price of $269. The display ships with a standard three-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.
Latest News Posts
- Toshiba announce 48-layer 128Gbit 3D NAND, samples begin shipping
- Amazon offers unlimited storage for $60 per year with Cloud Drive
- LG's G Watch Urbane with LTE will cost around $590, launches very soon
- Latest update to GTA V on Xbox One and PS4 gimps visuals
- Netflix 'Inspector Gadget' cartoon reboot gets a trailer
- KLevv Genuine 2666MHz DDR3 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- X99 USB3.0 boot loop / general USB issues (Gaming 7 WIFI)
- 970 pro3+ crazy temps
- Using two different ram kits together
- Sentey Lumenata Pro Gamer Series Mouse Review
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi