CyberLink PowerDVD First PC Software to Receive Blu-ray 3D Player Certification from Blu-ray Disc Association
Taipei, Taiwan-April 01, 2010-CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW), is pleased to announce that PowerDVD is the first Blu-ray 3D player software to achieve certification from the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA), under the new Blu-ray 3D standard (Profile 5.0).
"Blu-ray 3D has to be seen to be believed. We have entered an exciting new era, where home movies are more immersive, and more real." said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. "We are fully committed to leading the way with support for all of the latest 3D formats and display technologies on the PC. We are excited that PowerDVD is the first software player to be Blu-ray 3D certified, and we look forward to enabling this amazing home theater experience for all of our customers."
The certification ensures consumers that PowerDVD provides the full benefits of Blu-ray 3D on the PC. Consumers can enjoy the entire range of enhanced features in 3D including menus, subtitles, BD-J interaction and Blu-ray disc quality audio and video.
CyberLink will provide a "Mark II" version of PowerDVD 10 which is scheduled for release this summer. With the anticipated release of PowerDVD 10 Mark II, consumers can add Blu-ray 3D playback and 2D to 3D video file conversion to their software. PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mark II will be a free update to all PowerDVD 10 Ultra customers.
CyberLink PowerDVD 10 Mark II offers the following key features for enjoying movies on the PC:
The Ultimate Universal Player
- Play Blu-ray 3D, DVDs, video and music files with PowerDVD's universal player.
- Enhance the playback experience with TrueTheater technology.
- Enjoy stunning Blu-ray 3D with CPU/GPU acceleration and lossless HD audio.
- Convert any DVD movie and video file into a 3D experience with TrueTheater 3D.
Videos and Music
- Apply TrueTheater Noise Reduction and Stabilizer to enhance videos during playback.
- Play a broader range of video formats including FLV (H.264), MKV (H.264), DivX and much more.
- Support for a large range of subtitle files including smi, ass, ssa, psb, srt, and sub.
- Enjoy and enhance your music file playback with TrueTheater Surround.
- Write reviews of favorite movie scenes and share them as MovieMarks on Facebook and MoovieLive.
- Share short comments of movies in real-time on Facebook, Twitter and MoovieLive.
CyberLink is now ready to provide OEM partners with its Blu-ray 3D certified solution. For consumers, PowerDVD 10 Mark II will be available this summer as a free upgrade for those who already purchased PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D.
CyberLink Corp is the leader and pioneer in enabling digital multimedia on PCs and CEs through the use of video editing software, DVD player software, and other multimedia solutions. Backed by a group of high-caliber software engineers, CyberLink owns its core codec and a number of patented technologies. CyberLink has built a solid reputation for delivering high-quality, interoperable, and fast time-to-market solutions that keep our OEM partners on the leading edge. Our business partners include leaders in the PC industry: drive manufacturers, graphics-card makers, and top-5 desktop and notebook brands. Today, CyberLink's software solutions include: complete applications for Blu-ray Discs, digital home entertainment, TV-on-PC and human resource development.
Latest News Posts
- AMD to paper launch Radeon R9 Fury X2, could be delayed into 2016
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Force Awakens' final cut
- Nintendo's 'Mario Kart' eSports show coming to DisneyXD channel
- MSI Z170A Krait motherboard includes Rainbow Six Siege, new design
- GeForce 359.06 driver prepares you for Just Cause 3, Rainbow Six Siege
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad P40 Yoga Mobile Workstation
- Cohesive Networks Joins HPE's Cloud28+ Catalogue of Services for European Enterprises
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China
- IGEL UDC2 now converts enterprise-class Dell Wyse thin clients