CyberLink PowerDVD First PC Software to Receive Blu-ray 3D Player Certification from Blu-ray Disc Association
Taipei, Taiwan-April 01, 2010-CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW), is pleased to announce that PowerDVD is the first Blu-ray 3D player software to achieve certification from the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA), under the new Blu-ray 3D standard (Profile 5.0).
"Blu-ray 3D has to be seen to be believed. We have entered an exciting new era, where home movies are more immersive, and more real." said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. "We are fully committed to leading the way with support for all of the latest 3D formats and display technologies on the PC. We are excited that PowerDVD is the first software player to be Blu-ray 3D certified, and we look forward to enabling this amazing home theater experience for all of our customers."
The certification ensures consumers that PowerDVD provides the full benefits of Blu-ray 3D on the PC. Consumers can enjoy the entire range of enhanced features in 3D including menus, subtitles, BD-J interaction and Blu-ray disc quality audio and video.
CyberLink will provide a "Mark II" version of PowerDVD 10 which is scheduled for release this summer. With the anticipated release of PowerDVD 10 Mark II, consumers can add Blu-ray 3D playback and 2D to 3D video file conversion to their software. PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mark II will be a free update to all PowerDVD 10 Ultra customers.
CyberLink PowerDVD 10 Mark II offers the following key features for enjoying movies on the PC:
The Ultimate Universal Player
- Play Blu-ray 3D, DVDs, video and music files with PowerDVD's universal player.
- Enhance the playback experience with TrueTheater technology.
- Enjoy stunning Blu-ray 3D with CPU/GPU acceleration and lossless HD audio.
- Convert any DVD movie and video file into a 3D experience with TrueTheater 3D.
Videos and Music
- Apply TrueTheater Noise Reduction and Stabilizer to enhance videos during playback.
- Play a broader range of video formats including FLV (H.264), MKV (H.264), DivX and much more.
- Support for a large range of subtitle files including smi, ass, ssa, psb, srt, and sub.
- Enjoy and enhance your music file playback with TrueTheater Surround.
- Write reviews of favorite movie scenes and share them as MovieMarks on Facebook and MoovieLive.
- Share short comments of movies in real-time on Facebook, Twitter and MoovieLive.
CyberLink is now ready to provide OEM partners with its Blu-ray 3D certified solution. For consumers, PowerDVD 10 Mark II will be available this summer as a free upgrade for those who already purchased PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D.
CyberLink Corp is the leader and pioneer in enabling digital multimedia on PCs and CEs through the use of video editing software, DVD player software, and other multimedia solutions. Backed by a group of high-caliber software engineers, CyberLink owns its core codec and a number of patented technologies. CyberLink has built a solid reputation for delivering high-quality, interoperable, and fast time-to-market solutions that keep our OEM partners on the leading edge. Our business partners include leaders in the PC industry: drive manufacturers, graphics-card makers, and top-5 desktop and notebook brands. Today, CyberLink's software solutions include: complete applications for Blu-ray Discs, digital home entertainment, TV-on-PC and human resource development.
Latest News Posts
- Simplify World Travel With the Twist Plus+ World Charging Station
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's pre-order scheme could change everything
- Ocarina of Time gets an enchanting Unreal Engine 4 makeover
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- asrock x99 extreme 4 extra pins
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD5 (Intel Z170) Motherboard Review
- ACPI wakeup/shutdown no longer works after UEFI flash.
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015