Corsair® Breaks PC Mark® Vantage World Record Using Force Series Solid-State Drives
- Sub-zero cooled Corsair PC smashes previous world record score thanks to eleven Corsair F200 SSDs and Dominator® GTX memory -
FREMONT, California, March 31, 2010 - Corsair, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer and flash memory products, today announced that it has set a new world record score in PC Mark Vantage, using a performance PC powered by eleven Corsair Force Series F200 SSDs in a high bandwidth RAID configuration.
The World Record score of 32,947 was achieved by a Corsair-built system based around the Intel® Core i7-980X six-core processor, cooled to sub-zero temperatures. The system was powered by a Corsair HX1000W PSU, 6GB of Corsair Dominator GTX2 memory, and eleven 200GB Force Series F200 SSDs. The recently-announced Force Series SSDs utilize the sophisticated SandForce SF-1200 SSD Processor to deliver unparalleled sequential and random read/write performance.
Using liquid nitrogen on a Kingpin Cooling F1EE LN2 pot, the team at Corsair's Labs in Fremont, California, overclocked the Intel Core i7-980X processor to a frequency of 5791MHz and The Corsair Dominator GTX2 memory to a frequency of 2144MHz, CL 7. Combined with the incredible performance of eleven Force Series F200 SSDs in RAID 0 using an Areca® ARC-1680D-IX-12 PCI-E RAID controller, Corsair was able to smash the previous world record score of 31,333 by 1,614 points.
"Enthusiasts are accustomed to seeing Corsair breaking DRAM speed records, but this latest world record success clearly demonstrates that Corsair now offers class-leading products in other product categories too," said Andy Paul, President and CEO of Corsair. "The incredible data throughput provided by eleven Force Series SSDs in RAID 0, together with a Corsair HX1000W power supply and Dominator GTX memory, proved to be an unbeatable combination for this extreme-performance PC."
The complete list of components used in the record-breaking Corsair PC can be seen below:
11 x Corsair Force Series F200 SSDs
6GB Corsair Dominator GTX2 DDR3 @ 2144MHz
Corsair Professional Series HX1000W power supply
Intel Core i7-980X processor
ATI Radeon HD 5870 graphics card
EVGA® X58 Classified motherboard
Kingpin Cooling F1EE Liquid Nitrogen pot
Areca® ARC-1680D-IX-12 PCI-E RAID card
Complete details regarding the test setup, methods, and results can be found here.
Founded in 1994, Corsair specializes in premium, high-performance peripherals and components for personal computers. Corsair's award-winning products are the delight of the world's most demanding hardware enthusiasts. For more information, visit http://www.corsair.com.
Latest News Posts
- Learn everything Java with the Ultimate Java Bundle
- G.Skill announces two new Ripjaws mechanical keyboards
- G.SKILL stacks up a monstrous 128GB DDR4-3466 RAM in quad-channel demo
- Intel's next-gen Skylake-E processor will arrive in LGA 3647 socket
- OCZ displays RD400 series SSD for hardcore gamers, reads at 2.6GB/sec
- ASUSTOR AS3204T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Intel "Broadwell-E" Core i7-6950X 10-Core Extreme Edition CPU Review
- GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 New build option questions
- Patriot Tab 128GB Micro USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- G.SKILL announces new RIPJAWS KM570 MX and KM770 RGB mechanical gaming keyboards
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series