Corsair® Breaks PC Mark® Vantage World Record Using Force Series Solid-State Drives
- Sub-zero cooled Corsair PC smashes previous world record score thanks to eleven Corsair F200 SSDs and Dominator® GTX memory -
FREMONT, California, March 31, 2010 - Corsair, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer and flash memory products, today announced that it has set a new world record score in PC Mark Vantage, using a performance PC powered by eleven Corsair Force Series F200 SSDs in a high bandwidth RAID configuration.
The World Record score of 32,947 was achieved by a Corsair-built system based around the Intel® Core i7-980X six-core processor, cooled to sub-zero temperatures. The system was powered by a Corsair HX1000W PSU, 6GB of Corsair Dominator GTX2 memory, and eleven 200GB Force Series F200 SSDs. The recently-announced Force Series SSDs utilize the sophisticated SandForce SF-1200 SSD Processor to deliver unparalleled sequential and random read/write performance.
Using liquid nitrogen on a Kingpin Cooling F1EE LN2 pot, the team at Corsair's Labs in Fremont, California, overclocked the Intel Core i7-980X processor to a frequency of 5791MHz and The Corsair Dominator GTX2 memory to a frequency of 2144MHz, CL 7. Combined with the incredible performance of eleven Force Series F200 SSDs in RAID 0 using an Areca® ARC-1680D-IX-12 PCI-E RAID controller, Corsair was able to smash the previous world record score of 31,333 by 1,614 points.
"Enthusiasts are accustomed to seeing Corsair breaking DRAM speed records, but this latest world record success clearly demonstrates that Corsair now offers class-leading products in other product categories too," said Andy Paul, President and CEO of Corsair. "The incredible data throughput provided by eleven Force Series SSDs in RAID 0, together with a Corsair HX1000W power supply and Dominator GTX memory, proved to be an unbeatable combination for this extreme-performance PC."
The complete list of components used in the record-breaking Corsair PC can be seen below:
11 x Corsair Force Series F200 SSDs
6GB Corsair Dominator GTX2 DDR3 @ 2144MHz
Corsair Professional Series HX1000W power supply
Intel Core i7-980X processor
ATI Radeon HD 5870 graphics card
EVGA® X58 Classified motherboard
Kingpin Cooling F1EE Liquid Nitrogen pot
Areca® ARC-1680D-IX-12 PCI-E RAID card
Complete details regarding the test setup, methods, and results can be found here.
Founded in 1994, Corsair specializes in premium, high-performance peripherals and components for personal computers. Corsair's award-winning products are the delight of the world's most demanding hardware enthusiasts. For more information, visit http://www.corsair.com.
Latest News Posts
- KFC's new meal box charges your smartphone with its built-in battery
- Join the 'Gods of Egypt' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines