ASUS Leads the Way for True USB 3.0 Integration in Complete Product Line
From Mainstream to Hardcore, ASUS Introduces Consumers to USB 3.0
Sydney, Australia, 31 March 2010 - ASUS has been the first to ready and launch an entire lineup of products that incorporate USB 3.0 in their designs, making the most of its new features across notebook, Eee PC and motherboard products. The introduction of USB 3.0 heralds a new age of faster than ever connectivity to benefit consumers in a reality of massive high definition content.
ASUS CEO Jerry Shen said, "We are the first in the world to introduce USB 3.0 through our notebooks, namely the multimedia N Series. We're also the first to win USB-IF certification, achieved on our P6X58D premium motherboard. We believe that USB 3.0 has a pivotal role to play in delivering the ultimate experience to a new generation of multimedia-savvy users. With USB 3.0, everyone can enjoy fast data backup and ultra-speedy file sharing."
ASUS was the first to include USB 3.0 on a motherboard, offering the new technology not just as-is, but optimised to realise its full potential. One result of the intense efforts by ASUS is the unique PCIe x4 bridge chip, designed from the ground up to enable true USB 3.0 performance levels without compromise. This has resulted in blistering fast performance that outstrips other solutions by as much as 74.38%*.
The P6X58D Premium motherboard by ASUS is also the first to be officially certified by the USB Implementation Forum (USB-IF) as achieving the standard's newly-formulated SuperSpeed USB compliance requirements.
ASUS now offers USB 3.0 on a wide range of products beyond motherboards. This includes notebooks, the Eee PC range of netbooks, all-in-one PCs and even digital media players. All of these feature designs specifically tailored to accommodate USB 3.0 connectivity so that its true benefits are available in full.
ASUS has already integrated USB 3.0 into the following products, with numerous others to be added in the immediate future.
* N Series notebooks
* Eee Box 1510U/1210U (available later this year)
* Eee PC 1018/1015/1016 (available later this year)
- P7P55/P7P55D/P7P55D-E Series (Intel P55 chipset)
- P7P55 WS SuperComputer (Intel P55 chipset)
- ROG Rampage II Series/Rampage III Extreme (Intel X58 chipset)
- ROG Maximus III Series (Intel P55 chipset)
- P6T/P6TD/P6X58 Series (Intel X58 chipset)
- P7F7-E WS SuperComputer (Intel 3450 chipset)
- P7H57/P7H55 Series (Intel H57/H55 chipset)
- P5G41T-M/USB3 (Intel G41 chipset)
- P5P43TD/USB3 (Intel P43 chipset)
- M4A89 Series (AMD 890GX/890FX chipset)
- M4A88/M4A87 Series (AMD 880/870 chipset)
- M4A77 Series (AMD 770 chipset)
- M4A785 Series (AMD 785G chipset)
- M4A78 Series (AMD 780 chipset)
- M4A79 Series (AMD 790FX chipset)
For further information on the continuing integration of USB 3.0 in more ASUS products, please visit these sites:
http://event.asus.com/mb/2010/USB3/index.htm & http://techinstyle.tv/category/whats-next/usb30/
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era, with a broad product portfolio that includes notebooks, netbooks, motherboards, graphics cards, displays, desktop PCs, servers, wireless solutions, mobile phones and networking devices. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's home and office users. ASUS won 3,268 awards in 2009, and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with the Eee PC. With a global staff of more than 10,000 and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue for 2009 was US$7.5 billion. ASUS ranks among BusinessWeek's InfoTech 100, and has been on the listing for 12 consecutive years.
Latest News Posts
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni