Engaged in the Future of Gaming-ASUS Leads the Way
The company once more spoils avid gamers for choice with the first graphics cards based on the latest technology from NVIDIA-the eagerly anticipated ENGTX400 series.
Sydney Australia, 30 March 2010 - The new graphics cards from ASUS deliver all the benefits of the debuting 40nm NVIDIA GPUs, possessing considerable power improvements compared to their predecessors. They come in two varieties in the initial launch. The flagship ENGTX480 uses the GTX480 core with 1401 stream processors and a 384-bit memory interface. This is a frontline extreme performance board with a 700MHz core clock and 1536MB of 3696MHz GDDR5 memory.
It's accompanied by ASUS' powerful mainline ENGTX470, which is a 1215 stream processor version of the NVIDIA GTX470 chip. It packs a 607MHz core and 1280MB of GDDR5 RAM at 3348MHz with a 320-bit interface.
Both new graphics boards feature the usual ASUS panache for exceeding reference designs with generous features and add-ons that lead to giant performance gains.
ASUS unlocks the real potential of this all-new and exciting technology by paving the way for unadulterated overclocking. The company includes exclusive Voltage Tweak functionality via the Smart Doctor application, covering every possible overclocking and overvolting scenario. Beginners to veterans, gamers can make the most of the new GPUs using detailed tweaking options that can easily boost performance by up to 50%. With added cooling solutions, even more radical speeds and improvements can be attained.
Users can even put their efforts to immediate test and gauge success rates with included advanced and entertaining benchmark interface Supersonic Sled. Another powerful software tool that's in the package is Design Garage, a luxury car-themed creative utility that demonstrates the capabilities of DX11 in a very interactive and impressive manner.
The quality build and thermal properties of ASUS graphics cards have won repeated acclaim over the years, and the new ENGTX480 and ENGTX470 are no exception. They are constructed to withstand punishing duty as pillars of serious gaming and overclocking with extreme cooling solutions and thermally-efficient board materials.
One of the greatest advantages of the new graphics cards is that they are 100% DX11 ready. This means new graphics features such as advanced tessellation for detailed objects, interactive ray tracing in real time and the latest version of NVIDIA's PhysX can be put to full use as intended.
The two cards further offer NVIDIA CUDA and DirectCompute parallel processing, whereby their great power can be harnessed in general computing - boosting the overall performance of the entire system even in non-graphics applications.
Also on board is the exciting NVIDIA® 3D Vision technology, part of the new move towards genuine 3D gaming at the home. Hundreds of game titles already support this technology, with more coming out constantly.
Enthusiasts have waited a long time for the new 400 series of GPUs from NVIDIA, which promises at least three times the performance levels of the previous mainstream desktop 200 series.
* Specifications subject to change without notice.
* Product appearance and bundled software subject to change without notice.
* Brand and product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective owners.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era, with a broad product portfolio that includes notebooks, netbooks, motherboards, graphics cards, displays, desktop PCs, servers, wireless solutions, mobile phones and networking devices. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's home and office users. ASUS won 3,268 awards in 2009, and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with the Eee PC. With a global staff of more than 10,000 and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue for 2009 was US$7.5 billion. ASUS ranks among BusinessWeek's InfoTech 100, and has been on the listing for 12 consecutive years.
Latest News Posts
- Superman fan? Rumor has it Warner Bros. is working on a Superman game
- Bluetooth headsets are serious business as LG marks 10 million sold
- Peripheral brands make a move into clothing, Tt eSPORTS and ASTRO
- F1 2015's latest trailer teases the great visuals for the new racer
- Toshiba testing its 'scorpion' robot inside Fukushima nuclear reactor
- Gaming Sponsorship - Part 2: Live events are key to success
- orange jack not working with 5.1 sound
- The top four things North Korea has achieved in the past 18 months
- Accell Home or Away USB Surge Protector Review
- Define S 47 [Buildlog 03.07.2015]
- Intel Announces Leadership Changes
- ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti STRIX Graphics Card Starts Selling
- Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 420X Wireless Headset Up For Pre-order
- LG MARKS SALE OF 10 MILLIONTH BLUETOOTH HEADSET
- Sharkoon Gamer Mouse with Bungee Hub - MSRP 47.99 Euros