GIGABYTE Announces "OC Guru is You" Graphics Card Online Competition
Win up to US$2200 in GIGABYTE AMD HD 5870 OC challenge only at HWBOT
Taipei, Taiwan, 29 March, 2010 - GIGABYTE, a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, today announces the launch of a global Graphics Card overclocking competition, OC Guru is You. This event coincides with the recent announcement of GIGABYTE's latest family of Graphics Cards, the Super Overclock Series. Contestants around the world are invited to upload the ultimate score on HWBOT.
The winners of highest Vantage Overall and highest GPU score will receive USD1,500 cash and a new HD 5870 Super Overclock Series graphics card with GPU Gauntlet Sorting and Ultra Durable VGA+. In GIGABYTE Super Overclock Series, all of the GPUs in this new range of high-end graphics cards have been cherry-picked for top performance, efficiency and reliability. Utilizing GIGABYTE's innovative GPU Gauntlet Sorting process ensures that only premium GPU processors are used in these graphics cards. Coupled with Ultra Durable VGA+ boards, users can rest assured that the Super Overclock Series graphics cards won't let them down when they step onto the digital battleground.
To express gratitude for gamers' support, there will also be a lucky draw for all OC Guru is You entries with the winner receiving a GIGABYTE unique Silent Series graphics card- GV-R575SL-1GI.
Competition will be held from April 1st to April 30th. Prizes will be awarded for the top 3DMark Vantage -Performance scores and benchmark. Contestant who achieves the highest GPU score of the competition will be awarded a GIGABYTE HD 5870 Super Overclock Series graphics card. Contestant who whose score comes to first place in the competition will receive USD1,500 cash.
Contestants are required to use ONLY GIGABYTE HD 5870 graphics card and GIGABYTE motherboard in this challenge.
Rules of the competition
- General HWBOT submission rules and guidelines must be followed (in other words: submitting results like you do on normal HWBOT system).
- Please provide a Futuremark verification link as well as screen shots.
- Please add a system picture to the submission.
- People who damage the integrity of the overclocking spirit are removed from the competition (eg: cheating).
- Special software tweaks must be disclosed during the competition to the HWBOT staff and will be made public afterwards.
- Both GIGABYTE and HWBOT have the right to remove a doubtful score.
- Limitation: using only retail for this competition.
For further details about the GIGABYTE OC Guru is You challenge please visit HWBOT http://hwbot.org/competition/gbt_r5870_challenge
For more details of the Super Overclock Series, please visit the GIGABYTE Graphics Card webpage at: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/VGA/Default.aspx
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit http://www.gigabyte.com.tw for more information.
Latest News Posts
- Realtek has produced a new onboard LAN chip aimed at gamers
- Meet the low-profile GELID Polar 1U air cooler for Intel LGA115x
- Storage is no sweat for the Transcend StoreJet 8TB USB 3.0 drive
- XIGMATEK pushes its a bright red power supply to market, the S550
- Ubisoft learns from Watch Dogs, shows games on 'target machines' at E3
- Automobiles 2015
- Latest automobiles news
- New Mercedes design
- Latest cars news
- ICY DOCK Black Vortex MB174U3S-4SB USB 3.0 Storage Enclosure Review
- GELID Announces Polar 1U Low-profile CPU Cooler for Intel LGA115x
- Transcend Announces StoreJet 35T3 8TB USB 3.0 External HDD
- Samsung Electronics Leads Consumers into the New Era of Multi-Terabyte SSDs with Launch of 2-TB 850 PRO and 850 EVO
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC