Razer and Riot Games Partner to Enhance The League of Legends Gaming Experience
Carlsbad, Calif. - March 23, 2010 - Razer, a leading manufacturer of high-end precision gaming and lifestyle peripherals, has joined forces with Riot Games, an independent Los Angeles-based online video game developer, publisher and creator of growing hit, League of Legends. The collaboration promises to be an exciting period of growth for both companies that will include special in-game items, a gaming grade desktop skin and Razer sponsored tournament programs for League of Legends.
"We are very excited to be teaming up with the creators of DotA Allstars on their new League of Legends project. We love this game and this is a partnership that we will totally enjoy," said Robert "Razerguy" Krakoff, president, Razer USA. "Our fans will receive increased precision and accuracy using Razer products to experience League of Legends at its best."
"Collaborating with Razer will further the mission of both companies to provide the best possible gaming experience through innovation," said Brandon Beck, CEO, Riot Games. "As a company with competitive gaming in our DNA, teaming up with Razer feels like a natural fit and we think our players will be excited about the exclusive promo codes to unlock Champions as part of our contest series with Razer."
The first product to be released by Razer and Riot Games will be the Sphex gaming mouse mat that will feature scenes and characters from League of Legends. The partnership promises additional contests and promotions for gamers to win Razer products and to accrue Riot Points through Razer's Facebook and Community pages. For additional information, go to http://www.razerzone.com/leagueoflegends. Promotional codes to unlock exclusive League of Legends Runes will also be included in the packaging of the recently released Razer Abyssus high precision optical gaming mouse. In addition, to celebrate the launch of the much-anticipated Twisted Treeline map into League of Legends matchmaking play, Razer and Riot Games will be hosting a 3 vs. 3 team tournament with the winning team receiving a major cash prize.
About the Razer Group:
Razer is the world's leading manufacturer of high-end precision gaming products and peripherals that are designed "For Gamers. By Gamers". Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, Razer's award-winning lineup of products includes desktop speakers, headsets, keyboards, mice, software, and gaming surfaces. Since 1998, Razer has collaborated with leading professional gamers to develop, manufacture and market cutting-edge gaming peripherals using proprietary technologies that give gamers the competitive edge. Razer products offer the best in precision, sensitivity, usability and distinctive product design and have a reputation for being leaders in gaming peripheral technology.
About Riot Games:
Riot Games is a direct-to-consumer video game developer and publisher of premium, competitive online games. Riot Games, based in Los Angeles, is funded through venture capital firms Benchmark Capital and Firstmark Capital and China's largest online services corporation, Tencent. The company was established in 2006 and has quickly become a leading global developer and publisher of premium free-to-play online video games for hardcore gamers, launching their debut title, League of Legends, in October 2009. To date, more than 1 million gamers play League of Legends and log more than half a billion minutes of playtime each month.
Latest News Posts
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent